follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 03-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #141
Junkman2008

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Just got done watching all of the Junkman's 2-Bucket Wash Technique on Youtube.. I feel so enlightened now haha! I never even thought of using a foam gun before! And the technique to keep the hose from hitting your car/tires is brilliant!

I did have one question though.. you never mentioned what kind of soap/foam you were using with the foam gun? Is it just regular car wash soap, or do you need a specific kind of foam?

Thanks a ton for your videos & insights!
Inside the foam gun:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqmO8IYFuvE"]DP's Xtreme Foam Formula for Gilmour Foam Gun - YouTube[/ame]

... and in the wash bucket, you can use a multitude of good soaps like Garry Dean's The Perfect Soap (concentrate), Zaino's Z-7 Show Car Wash, DP's Detailer's Auto Bath Shampoo or something else that you may like as long as it can last throughout the entire wash process. If your soap doesn't do that, then you're using some crappy soap.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #142
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Inside the foam gun:

... and in the wash bucket, you can use a multitude of good soaps like Garry Dean's The Perfect Soap (concentrate), Zaino's Z-7 Show Car Wash, DP's Detailer's Auto Bath Shampoo or something else that you may like as long as it can last throughout the entire wash process. If your soap doesn't do that, then you're using some crappy soap.
Awesome!! Definitely trying that as soon as I can order some of it.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #143
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Drives: 2014 BRZ LTD WRB (RIP), 2017 FiST
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Just used these cloths for the first time last night - highly recommended. No scratching anywhere, super soft and easy to clean.
XanRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 AM   #144
Junkman2008

Thanks for chiming in with your observation.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #145
JdelFrs

Drives: 2013 Fr-S Release Series 10 (MT6)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just received those AMAZING|FANTASTIC :P microfiber! with my order they gave me a silver kit ! I would like to thank you Junkman ! Can't wait to wash my car with you're method and those magic item
JdelFrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #146
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

A stack of these is now permanently in my car with some quick detailer since my car gets shit on about ten times a day.

Sigh.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #147
Junkman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdelFrs View Post
Just received those AMAZING|FANTASTIC :P microfiber! with my order they gave me a silver kit ! I would like to thank you Junkman ! Can't wait to wash my car with you're method and those magic item
Enjoy my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanRules View Post
A stack of these is now permanently in my car with some quick detailer since my car gets shit on about ten times a day.

Sigh.
You know it's hard out here for a pimp....

Old 03-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #148
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Enjoy my friend.

You know it's hard out here for a pimp....

man, NEITHER of my last cars got shit on, EVER. This one's a turd magnet.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #149
Junkman2008

Now for some new news. The Rag Company has implemented a new shipping policy. Until further notice, everyday is "PIMPIN" FREE FRIDAY!" That's right folks, every minimum order of $30 ships for FREE every day of the week! Add to that, most orders ship priority so you get your towels super fast. Just to give you an idea as to how fast (for those of you who don't already know), here's one of my orders that traveled 1,885 miles and made it to my front door in less than 48 hours!!!

As if that ain't good enough news, they have also implemented a discount for all military, fire/rescue and police members! The details are posted on their Facebook page. Enter your respective code and receive a 5% discount on top of their already shockingly low prices, It appears that The Rag Company is in a "sharing the luv" mood so get to gettin' while the gettin' is good!
sshole (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #150
sshole
Banned

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Now for some new news. The Rag Company has implemented a new shipping policy. Until further notice, everyday is "PIMPIN" FREE FRIDAY!" That's right folks, every minimum order of $30 ships for FREE every day of the week! Add to that, most orders ship priority so you get your towels super fast. Just to give you an idea as to how fast (for those of you who don't already know), here's one of my orders that traveled 1,885 miles and made it to my front door in less than 48 hours!!! http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h.../surprised.gif

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...y_shipping.png

As if that ain't good enough news, they have also implemented a discount for all military, fire/rescue and police members! The details are posted on their Facebook page. Enter your respective code and receive a 5% discount on top of their already shockingly low prices, It appears that The Rag Company is in a "sharing the luv" mood so get to gettin' while the gettin' is good!
I know I gave you a hard time in your other thread, but I decided to watch your video in this thread and gave theragcompany's Eagle Edgeless towels a try. Ordered last Friday and received them Monday. They're definitely worth the $5/towel. Good looking out.

PS I think I watched your video of how to use a Porter Cable a couple years ago when I first started to really think about buying a polisher/random orbital.
sshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #151
Junkman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshole View Post
I know I gave you a hard time in your other thread, but I decided to watch your video in this thread and gave theragcompany's Eagle Edgeless towels a try. Ordered last Friday and received them Monday. They're definitely worth the $5/towel. Good looking out.

PS I think I watched your video of how to use a Porter Cable a couple years ago when I first started to really think about buying a polisher/random orbital.
Hey, no problem man. I'm glad I could help out. No grudges held here. I'm too old and too lazy remember who I am mad at most of the time anyway.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #152
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Wasn't familiar with Junkman's videos so this was my first exposure. Sounded a whole lot like a sales pitch at first glance. Skeptical, I watched several more videos, and what do you know...

Sir I do believe I like the cut of your jib.

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #153
reeves

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Junkman, you should get yourself a BRZ/FR-S for your weekend car.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #154
Junkman2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
Wasn't familiar with Junkman's videos so this was my first exposure. Sounded a whole lot like a sales pitch at first glance. Skeptical, I watched several more videos, and what do you know...

Sir I do believe I like the cut of your jib.
Anyone who loves ham is alright in my book.

I try to bring to the novice detailer the information that so many other folks make difficult to understand. Add to that, the many different opinions expressed on detailing forums is enough to drive you batty. What I try to do is make people think for themselves and use common sense to sift through all the hype. That's half the battle on the Internet and once you break down that barrier, this stuff starts to get real simple. My goal is to share what I know, what I find and to make learning about detailing fun. I want to bring my information in a format that your girlfriend will see you watching and find it interesting. As long as I keep it simple and fun, then I will succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Junkman, you should get yourself a BRZ/FR-S for your weekend car.
I couldn't handle having two nice cars. The way people drive around here, I'd end up with ulcers.
MmmHamSandwich (03-23-2014), xxBrun0xx (03-25-2014)