follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
Apophenic

Drives: Scion tC, Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[FS] Scion tC Turbo Widebody Rosso Corsa Motec

CONTACT NAME: Justin
PHONE NUMBER: (N9ne se7en thr3e) s6x se7en zer0 - se7en fo4r t2o n9ne (Text me, please.)
EMAIL: marque.n.reprisal A@T gEEmail D.O.T. c-o)m
PRICE: $19,999

443 WHP, 474 FT*LBS
36k miles, 13k on motor.

ABOUT THE CAR
I find that anytime I'm speaking to someone about this car, or even any car, one of the first questions that comes up is always "how much horsepower does it make?" After the initial mental face palm, I reluctantly answer. Granted, 443 whp is an absurd amount given stock power was about one third, and most people are rightly amazed by the answer. However, this says little to nothing about the full experience that comes with driving this car. I'd argue its whp is actually its weakest point - so that's saying a lot.

Everything about this car is so finely tuned and so spot on it's just unreal. From a raw performance standpoint, this car is a behemoth. Getting on the throttle (it's drive-by-wire, but honestly feels like drive-by-cable: the Motec does an outstanding job) will often drop you between "dear god I'm going stupidly fast" and "dear god I'm going sideways." The 474 ft-lbs of torque generated by the perfectly sized ball-bearing turbo hits so fiendishly quick and with such little lag that you'll often find yourself literally clenching your butt-cheeks. This is especially true when dropping from 4th to 3rd and flooring it - you WILL be thrown back into your seat, perhaps even through your seat. Couple this with the perfect harmony of the exhaust and jet-like turbo spooling noise and you'll be crying tears of joy knowing your life may have just climaxed.

Needless to say, handling on this car is borderline super-car territory. What would you expect from a car with tires wider than Alabama, a suspension stiffer than moonshine, and quite possibly ALL the bracing? The coilovers are undeniably high quality though - they can both provide a stiff suspension while maintaining an excellent level of ride comfort. The difference, however, is that when you take turns or hit bumps, you won't feel like you're on a god damn Pogo stick like you would in most cars. In addition, body roll is non-existent - you'll be flatter than the planet Earth (screw you Christopher Columbus, you're wrong).

The sound system can best be described as a mental patient in a strait-jacket. It can show restraint, but if you'd like, it can also be insane. Are the subs overkill? Probably, but trunk-space is overrated. I actually felt the need to make a dub step mix just to see how many wub wubs this car could deliver into my body before I was vaporized. Something different happened though. I went into this experience hating dubstep, but came out loving it. Clearly, THE SOUND SYSTEM IS SO GOOD IT TURNED TERRIBLE MUSIC INTO GREAT MUSIC. On a more serious note, I'm a bit of an audiophile, and there's no denying someone with a good ear dialed in the components properly.

This car can and should be daily driven. Take it to get groceries, drive to the track, do work, then get angry that you forgot about the cold stuff and now it's ruined. Dailying this car is completely viable. The transmission is extremely smooth, and the clutch is only a little heavier than your typical clutch (it's a stage four clutch too: I genuinely wonder what kind of wizards Clutchmasters has working for them). Here's one mention you'll never see in an aftermarket car ad: fuel economy. I've measured this multiple times and got 22-24 mpg mixed. That's seriously impressive, and mildly hilarious, given a stock tC is expected to get 29 at best. Also, turbo.

Anyone can throw time and money at a project car, but there's a radical difference between what a shade tree mechanic using no name auto store parts can produce vs. a handful of professional, reputable shops with high quality brand name parts. This car is a shining example of the latter. There were NO corners cut, and this shows. The only major maintenance I incurred was the clutch replacement, and even that was done professionally. Did I mention turbo?

This is a complete project with over $60k in parts and even more in labor. You're not buying someone else's nightmare project car that got in over their head, you're buying a professionally built car that has been broken in, stood the test of time and been properly taken care of*. If, like me, you always need to be improving something - you'll be happy to hear there's still meat on the bone. The engine was built to the same spec as Chris Rado's time attack tC, which is run at a whopping 40 psi of boost. 22 psi was the stopping point because the exhaust became too restrictive to make more power - an equal length tubular manifold was required.

Please, ask me any questions you may have. There's so much to say about this car, but I'm clearly past the point of rambling.

THE STORY
I'm the second owner of this car and have owned it for about 4 years. I put 6k miles on it and tracked it twice during the first two years of ownership, but the car has, unfortunately, been sitting since (but is brought to temp and driven briefly every 2 months). My commute to work became too short, and even my weekend driving couldn't justify having insurance on two cars.

The first owner was an older gentleman who poured his heart and soul (and wallet) into this car. I had actually known him for a few years prior to buying; He was my go to supplier for aftermarket parts for my other car. I've always known him as a pleasant and honest guy, and of course incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about car modification. His transparency during the deal made our transaction smoother than I could have ever hoped for.

One thing was immensely clear when I bought this car from the previous owner: he really wanted to make sure the car was going to a good home. After my experience with it, I genuinely feel the same way. This car is far removed from your typical tuner car - it's a borderline super-car and should be treated as such (except you can actually drive it!). My goal is to make this sale an exact reflection of what I experienced. I don't want the buyer to feel any remorse. Instead, I want you to be excited about your purchase, and all the ideas you have on how to make the car even better.

Reason for selling: I've had a lot of fun with this car, but I've reached a point in life where I now have the means to build my own project car like this from scratch. Read: I don't need to sell this car, I want to sell this car. Doing a serious build like this has been a bit of a dream of mine since I converted my first car from NA to turbo. However, don't misinterpret my intentions. If I can't find an excited buyer willing to pay a reasonable amount, I can keep my dream on hold a little longer. I'm still throwing around the idea of taking this car further.

PROBLEMS
-Cannot pass emissions
-A couple of hairline cracks in the fiberglass. You could get these filled - I didn't bother because they are minor and weren't getting any worse.
-Torque Steer: Not as bad as you'd expect on a ~500 lb-pound torque fwd car. For street driving, I ran 16 psi which almost completely eliminated it while still providing a ridiculous level of acceleration. If you need to reduce torque steer further, it could be drastically reduced by tuning the Motec's built in wheel slip function (you'll have to pay Motec $180 to unlock the feature first).

MAINTENANCE
-All fluids have been flushed within the last year
-Tires only have 2k miles on them
-Clutch only has 3k miles on it
-Transmission rebuilt, new LSD, new slave cylinder during clutch replacement
-Water pump replaced less than 1k miles ago
-No leaks

SHOPS
-Tuning: Twins Turbo (Signal Hill, CA) (Shane Tecklenburg)
-Mechanicals: FasterScions.com (Canoga Park, CA)
-Audio: Safe 'n Sound (Canoga Park, CA)
-Interior: Chatsworth Auto Upholstery (Chatsworth, CA)
-Body/Paint: Donlyson Auto Concepts (Eagle Rock, CA)

MODS
PERFORMANCE
Turbonetics T3/T4 E-50 turbo
Bosch 750cc injectors
Raptor blow off valve
Turbonetics Evolution 35mm external wastegate
Spearco W.A.V.E. intercooler
Black chrome intercooler piping
Stainless mandrel-bent downpipe
MoTeC M400 ECU management (three maps on a switch)
Custom wiring harness
Aeromotove A1000 fuel pump
Custom fuel rail
fuel pressure regulator w/gauge
Energy Suspension engine mounts
Agency-Power crank pulley
TWM stage 2 short shifter
delrin shift knob with extension
Golden Eagle Vacuum block
Draxas stainless S pipe
Custom 2.5" mandrel-bent exhaust / Magnaflow muffler/tip
World Racing TBC-1 electronic boost controller (selectable boost!)
Autometer digital tach with shift light
Autometer digital air/fuel gauge (also wired into the M400 for logging)
Autometer C2 water temp gauge
Autometer C2 oil pressure gauge
Autometer C2 voltmeter
oil crank breather kit (w/ catch can)
oil cooler
custom C&R aluminum radiator

INTERNALS
CP turbo pistons 8.5:1 (balanced)
Carrillo forged rods (balanced)
custom ported & polished head
custom ground and coated cams
+1.5 mm titanium valves
high pressure valve springs
titanium valve retainers
ARP head bolts

SUSPENSION
H & R coilovers
TRD front strut bar
Hotchkis front & rear sway bars
FIKSE custom made 3 pc. 18 x 10 forged rims
Project Kicks neo-chro lug nuts
275/35/18 Potenza Pole Position tire
Wilwood big brakes (slotted & drilled rotors) front AND rear
stainless brake lines

TRANSMISSION
Quaife limited slip differential
Clutchmasters Stage 4, six puck (sprung) clutch
Clutchmasters lightweight flywheel
Driveshaft Shop Reinforced axles
INTERIOR + SOUND
Cobra leather racing seats, upholstered red and black, with SCION logo
Rear seats upholstered to match
AutoPower roll bar, custom powdercoated
Kenwood DDX 6019 7" video
Kenwood KNA-G510 nav
iPod Combatability add-on
back-up cam
JBL amps: 1 x 1100w, 4 x75w
EQ-S equalizer
JBL Pro & GTO speakers
custom sub enclosure: dual 10" subs
Dynamat
XM Radio
XM Nav Traffic
Bluetooth hands-free phone
Oznium interior LED lighting
LED Footwell lighting front and rear
LED cupholders
Potentiometer for fully controllable gauge lighting
"Ferrari" conversion on stock gauge cluster
custom painted center console
CF armrest
CF door panels
CF A and B pillars
CF headliner (one piece)
CF Gauge pods
leather upholstered C pillars
Works Bell hub and quick release
Sparco Flash 5 steering wheel (retains horn)
Python security system with tilt sensor, radar sensor, backup battery
Scion security system (NO CONFLICTS with Python - mainly for glass break sensor)

ACCESSORIES AND EXTERIOR
Custom widebody
Ferrari Rosa Corsa paint
Integrated Kaminari spoiler
Custom rear diffuser
Clear Corners custom headlights
Clear Corners custom taillights
Clear Corners custom 3rd brake light
shaved antenna
window tint
Leather shift boot
red Agency-Power silicone hoses
powder coated valve cover
Hella Supertone horns
CF OEM hood
Custom black grills
Air Conditioning!

MANY MORE PICTURES: http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/ma...C%20For%20Sale

Last edited by Apophenic; 11-18-2015 at 04:52 PM.
Apophenic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Apophenic For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (10-16-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #2
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It might be beneficial to list what's actually done to the car. Even so I think $25k is more than outrageous. Fully built brand new 86's are going for that.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
Apophenic

Quote:
It might be beneficial to list what's actually done to the car
Yeah, sorry. I started on the post, realized ft86club has something against posting ebay links, and lost interest when I figured I'd have to do a bunch of formatting.

Anyways, OP updated with a lot more information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apophenic For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #4
WhiteFRS69

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
ah nice

ive seen this car from time to time!

good luck with the sale!
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #5
Chen
Regional Moderator

Drives: 13' ZN6 / 00' AP1 / 20' A90/ 15 EVO
Thanked 1,275 Times in 854 Posts
Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
the rear reminds me a lot of a civic
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chen For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (10-19-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
Apophenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFRS69 View Post
ah nice

ive seen this car from time to time!

good luck with the sale!
Thank you!

You don't happen to go to SCCC, do you? I see a nice white FRS around there all the time (or are you going to tell me that, despite your name, you actually have a black BRZ or something? )
Old 10-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #7
WhiteFRS69

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophenic View Post
Thank you!

You don't happen to go to SCCC, do you? I see a nice white FRS around there all the time (or are you going to tell me that, despite your name, you actually have a black BRZ or something? )
no i do not, but yes, i do drive a white FRS

i used to have a white SRT4, used to hang out in Byram all the time, would see you drive bye from time to time
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
Apophenic

Price drop!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #9
Apophenic

Still for sale!
Old 12-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #10
Apophenic

Bump.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #11
HFP-CivicSI

Drives: 391whp 8thgen Civic SI
Just to ask, is that Garm's old car?
HFP-CivicSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:31 AM   #12
Vten

Drives: Too heavy
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFP-CivicSI View Post
Just to ask, is that Garm's old car?
Yup , garm beall's for sure , spent tons of $$ on his shop before , I had a supercharged Yaris with 125WHP !! LOL
Vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:30 AM   #13
HFP-CivicSI

Drives: 391whp 8thgen Civic SI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vten View Post
Yup , garm beall's for sure , spent tons of $$ on his shop before , I had a supercharged Yaris with 125WHP !! LOL
Dude I had a Yaris too, all TRD parts. It was a great car that I could eek out 40mpgs and had a blast driving a slow car, almost quickly.

Garm spent money like it was raining chains. Lol... that's his other company. I knew I recognized that car from me seeing it bulit on yarisworld. Small internet world, good to meet you!

Garm had a budget that was endless. Seriously..
HFP-CivicSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:48 AM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Little fun fact...I picked that car up when it was finished to bring back to the then MI shop. Lost a center cap at an intersection bump. We went back and looked all over the side of the street and I found the cap. Rather scuffed up, so I think Garm had another delivered.

I'm sure you two recognize my username, and know which Yaris I had. lol.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote