follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 10-07-2015, 03:46 AM   #183
autobrz

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Circling back to my idea out of no where about the front sway bar being too stiff contributing to "no feel", I was able to verify with Wepeel's post that the front bar contributes to 64% of the front roll stiffness on the BRZ. Perhaps some day I will get another BRZ so I can set it up for maximum feel and quite a bit more comfort than stock. I feel the 86 platform is balanced enough where no sway bars can be a good setup for spirited street driving unlike some FWD or MR cars.
autobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #184
Captain Snooze
Because compromise

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,147 Posts
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobrz View Post
What I was really interested in was if someone has experimented with running no front sway bar on the BRZ but instead used stiffer springs like Ohlins to give the feel back to the front suspension that Subaru somehow has killed.
I have driven my car with 6k/6k springs with and without front and rear say bars but I was using Eiback sways which are towards the stiffest sways available. I much preferred the without. Zero left <-> right crosstalk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobrz View Post
and too balanced.
I have read of people complaining of too much under-steer and too much over-steer but this is the first time I have read of "too balanced".

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
autobrz (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #185
autobrz

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Perhaps "too balanced" isnt' the proper description. How about too benign. Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely do the 6k/6k with good dampers when I it makes sense for me to get the brz as a 3rd car and breathe some life into a truly independent suspension.
autobrz is offline   Reply With Quote