follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird behavior and some Interior lights not working

Hello,

So I turned my car on yesterday and the driver window went down about halfway by itself....weird. Also: I have the and FRS with the three AC control knob circle things and the red backlights on the two side knob/circlethings are no longer turning on with all my other interior lights. The middle one that controls the fan still Turns on.. Weird.

Everything else is fine. Everything works. Any ideas? Might be worth stating that I got some work done recently and I would image the battery was disconnected.. not sure this would have anything to do with it but just checking.

Halp.
TorontoNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoNat View Post
Hello,

So I turned my car on yesterday and the driver window went down about halfway by itself....weird. Also: I have the and FRS with the three AC control knob circle things and the red backlights on the two side knob/circlethings are no longer turning on with all my other interior lights. The middle one that controls the fan still Turns on.. Weird.

Everything else is fine. Everything works. Any ideas? Might be worth stating that I got some work done recently and I would image the battery was disconnected.. not sure this would have anything to do with it but just checking.

Halp.
The battery being disconnected should not do anything. The window going down on it's own is just plain weird. Did water get into it somehow?

Last edited by Tcoat; 02-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
TorontoNat (02-12-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
TorontoNat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
The battery being disconnected should do anything. The window going down on it's own is just plain weird. Did water get into it somehow?
Hahahah maybe my car is actually a T-1000 in disguise.

In all seriousness tho yes, water may have gotten in there as my windows froze and were doing the thing where they don't go back up after closing the door and I left it out like that for a couple of hours in the frozen rain.. Nothing got inside, the door and seat were perfectly dry the next time I took it out but maybe some water did find it's way inside the mechanism?

Maybe a fuse also?? Not very concerned mostly confused.
TorontoNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #4
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hahahah maybe my car is actually a T-1000 in disguise.

In all seriousness tho yes, water may have gotten in there as my windows froze and were doing the thing where they don't go back up after closing the door and I left it out like that for a couple of hours in the frozen rain.. Nothing got inside, the door and seat were perfectly dry the next time I took it out but maybe some water did find it's way inside the mechanism?

Maybe a fuse also?? Not very concerned mostly confused.
Well maybe the window just leveled out after thawing but that does not explain the two lights out while the other works. I doubt it is a fuse since that would be a bizarre group of items for one fuse.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #5
Benji

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Might be worth stating that I got some work done recently and I would image the battery was disconnected.
What "work" got done?
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:
BirdTRD (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #6
TorontoNat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
What "work" got done?