follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #15
Gooby

Drives: 17 Toyota 4Runner, 14 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarGC View Post
Nah... he got away from the rocket bunny trash and nah has a Varis kit
❤️❤️❤️
Gooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:30 AM   #16
Gooby

Garage
Damn, sorry guys for no updates or pictures yet. Been so busy with work and life and haven't really even had a chance to get any time to even look at the car. Also in the middle of moving places!

As of June 23 2018. My goal right now for this summer is to get this JZ in, hopefully I can get some fab work for the intercooler done if I got the funds. I would really like to start the car up this year. As of now I'm still waiting for my friend to ship me my engine mounts with my OG Bronze TE37's with other misc items.

I also kind of cut into this cars build money by buying an OME 3" lift for my 2017 4Runner TRD Off Road, 34" Duratracs and of course Large PCD TE37's in Diamond Dark Gunmetal. With the weather pretty nice I like to try and go out to the trails as much as I can so that also cuts into the time working on the car itself.

Recently I had just sold my Stance SS coilovers. Just going to sit on stocks so its easier to roll and tow if I need to. Hoping to upgrade to Ohlin's some time. I do plan on pulling the stock motor out soon so I'm a bit more motivated to sell it and get it out my life and it will also cover my cost of a fuel cell and hopefully a new engine harness for the 2JZ.

Once I spend a bit more time to take photos I will upload I promise. I will definitely take pictures of the process and what I did during the swap. Moneys tight now since work is slow as shit and I'm making no hours (I'm a Automotive Technician). Anyways, was bored and didn't want you guys to think I gave up or died LOL.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:27 AM   #17
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,183 Times in 3,472 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
'Slow Canadian 2JZ BRZ build!' - possibly going to get slower now that the holy weed has been legalised!
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:03 AM   #18
Gooby

Garage
Hey guys!! Finally found a bit of time in my busy ish schedule. I just found out about this Tapatalk and it looks like I can upload A LOT easier using it. I’ll just spam a couple photos to catch up to from how I got it, how I ruined it the first time, then the second and now going way over my head and budget in it. Hopefully I can update this as often as possible.

Levi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 04:16 AM   #19
Gooby

Garage
Originally I was waiting for my engine mounts to get started on it. Turns out I procrastinated for probably two months before I figured I should get my donor motor out the S14 and atleast bring it home. So I moved my car from my girlfriends place and to my new place. Got the engine home and now I could start picking away at this. Hard to be motivated to do it since I fix cars for a living buuuut I’m starting now and will slowly pick away at this. I don’t have a clear game plan yet of how I’m going to run the cars electronics yet. As of now, I will not have a heater core, wipers, OEM gas tank, so long story short I’m just keeping my power windows and lights. At first I wanted to do all lexan glass minus the windshield but I figured I’ll be street driving this car time to time and it gets toasty so the power windows are staying.

I realistically want to have this motor in and running before winter and hopefully driving by the end of next fall. I got a 3 week Japan trip in April so that cuts into my “f you money”.

Plus this year I spent most my again “f you money” on my 4Runner. You could see some my friends being bad influences.

I do try and go out with my 4Runner as much as I can as well and I would rather do that than work on my car.. LOL. Anyways time to get some of the cob webs off this “build” thread.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:08 AM   #20
Gooby

Garage
Slow Canadian 2JZ BRZ build!

Attempted to do a dry test fit to see how it sits. Looks like I got to relocate or move the clutch master somewhere somehow as my AN fitting on the fuel rail hits it. Should have the dash and such out this coming week as I have more time now since I’m in school for another 4 weeks and I’m usually off at 3PM.

On topic so far it looks like everything will fit and lines up great minus the clutch master since its in my way right now. Looks tight on the front of the engine so I’m curious to see how that’ll fit and how I’ll build an air shroud around them to keep the air flowing going through the FMIC & Rad since I know the JZ likes to run a bit hot:

Old 10-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #21
Gooby

Garage
I had pretty much got the engine to sit inside the car. Turns out I still have to do a little work in the trans tunnel to level out the engine. Getting really close to having it how I want it. After this I will be pulling the engine out again and shaving the bay and prepping it for paint for next spring. I guess until then there won’t be much for new parts I think since the 4Runner is lacking some armor

Old 10-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #22
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Love what you are doing. Why was the rb v2 set up so short lived before you sunk into this madness of a build ?

I think you just inspired me to throw some te37's on my Tacoma when it comes in. That 4 runner is sex.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:02 PM   #23
Gooby

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
Love what you are doing. Why was the rb v2 set up so short lived before you sunk into this madness of a build ?

I think you just inspired me to throw some te37's on my Tacoma when it comes in. That 4 runner is sex.

Thanks! To be honest I never planned on parting with the Rb as I loved the Meisters and the look. Someone hit and ran my front bumper, they literally drove on top my front end lol! So during the time it was getting repaired a good friend’s Frs got written off and he had the kit BNIB (Minus the bumpers) for a hell of a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Since getting into the kit I knew a turbo kit wouldn’t be enough, so a bolt on 2jz should make decent power.. then another good friend said hey. Might as well buy my set up for like 30% of what he spent.. so here I am way over my head haha! I gotta say some parts I regret as I barely got to drive this car and I can’t make the time and money to put it together fast but thats okay.

Yes! 16” te37x’s look sooooo good on a Tacoma!! You should do it

Old 10-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #24
Gooby

Garage

This week is looking like double digits the whole week so I’m going to try and take advantage of it to get as much done as possible and with finals this week, it is kind if hard! Hopefully fire this thing up before this year ends

I had a little bit of time today after class. I pulled the engine back out. I drilled and cut the strut tower bar mount off the fire wall and eventually will do the ones on the strut towers themselves. Going to start removing the OEM fuel lines, fuel tank and filler neck this week. I’m deciding if I want to sand down this engine bay and have it painted to match my exterior. Not much thought on it yet but cleaning up the bay while everything is out seems like a good idea?

I still got to take out that heater core but my passenger door is right against the wall (Didn’t think about removing the dash bar, whoops!). So hopefully I’ll get a hand in removing the door itself some time. Personally I don’t think I’m doing toooooo bad for having absolutely no help. Some parts are definitely tricky though! Hopefully get some big progress and updates this week for you guys!!

Old 10-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #25
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
That poor poor Tsuki no usagi. You are all thats left to carry on the legend.

I know that feeling all to well lol. 4 years and probably 4 weeks of that i've driven my car. But the drought it almost over! Just gotta slap in some straight cut gears and its time to shred!

Hope i get to see your car one day! I'm a Calgary local for the next year.

Your car is going to be a monster when done.

I'm 100% sold on a te37 taco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
Thanks! To be honest I never planned on parting with the Rb as I loved the Meisters and the look. Someone hit and ran my front bumper, they literally drove on top my front end lol! So during the time it was getting repaired a good friend’s Frs got written off and he had the kit BNIB (Minus the bumpers) for a hell of a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Since getting into the kit I knew a turbo kit wouldn’t be enough, so a bolt on 2jz should make decent power.. then another good friend said hey. Might as well buy my set up for like 30% of what he spent.. so here I am way over my head haha! I gotta say some parts I regret as I barely got to drive this car and I can’t make the time and money to put it together fast but thats okay.

Yes! 16” te37x’s look sooooo good on a Tacoma!! You should do it

Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #26
Gooby

Garage
Sorry for the lack of updates, I was in the middle of leaving my last job of 5 years and now working at a Toyota. So finally settled in now. I have decided to pull the motor back out and put it aside. I think next year I will be getting the front end stitch welded and have the cage done as well and THEN maybe I’ll have the engine bay painted as well as the chassis and inside. As for the kit I will probably come to that afterwards when I get a few more pieces from the optional Kamikaze Varis stuff.

So with the car on pause I won’t have much more updates really. At the new job I am actually make more money than my last so hopefully I can get some more parts rolling and get this project moving. That being said I did pick up this one SPG so I can move this car around later next year.

I also plan on ordering a 5th TE and some sort of hitch mount spare tire carrier for the 4Runner as well to “complete” the “look”.

Oh and one of my good friends @Apexapexapex (instagram) just got his car rolling.. so hopefully I find out soon if I can run stock pumpkin with insides hahah. Sorry this is so short of updates LOL, unfortunately I am not baller enough to keep it rolling