follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Toxicmilk45

Drives: White out FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Fuel system questions. Boost-A-pump/stock fuel lines for engine swap

Hello everyone, I have a few questions about the stock FRS fuel system and modifying it to run at a higher fuel pressure. I've already tried searching this information and couldn't seem to find it in the service manual.

I'm doing an engine swap and I am trying to use as much of the stock fuel system as possible.
The FRS has three fuel lines in the engine bay and I wanted to know if anyone knows which lines are for port and which lines are for direct injection and also where they lead to.

I've looked at fuel pump installs and I only see two fuel lines connected to the pump in the tank.

I'm trying to swap to a 3SGE which needs to have a 62psi fuel pressure while the stock frs fuel pump is regulated to run at 58psi.
I will also be getting a FPR and making it into a return system.

The data provided by Deatschwerks shows that the fuel flow will not drop drastically if it's increased a few psi.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...highlight=fuel

So I'm thinking that I would be able to use a Boost-A-Pump to increase the flow to a constant 68psi and having the FPR regulate it for the engine.
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/A...boostapump.htm

I've heard really good things about the Boost-A-Pumps and I feel like this might be better than installing a new fuel pump in my situation.
Toxicmilk45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
Toxicmilk45

Garage
Bump! Anybody know where I could get this information?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
spitfire481

Drives: 2JZ FRS
Thanked 1,354 Times in 621 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The fuel canister has an internal regulator. You need to delete that and run an external unit. Might as well run a full blown 485 pump and regulator delete setup.
@spitfire481
spitfire481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
Toxicmilk45

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire481 View Post
The fuel canister has an internal regulator. You need to delete that and run an external unit. Might as well run a full blown 485 pump and regulator delete setup.
I'm most likely going to be getting the full blown return line kit with the regulator delete,
but would I be able to bump up the voltage and continue to use the stock fuel pump?
I'm not planning on turboing my car soon so I think the stock fuel pump would be enough.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #5
Gear_One_Performance

Drives: 2014 BRZ SCCA STU endurance car
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
It looks like for the cost of a boost-a-pump you might be better off just using a DW pump and an aftermarket pressure regulator, you'll be damn close to that price and not running the stock pump outside of it's recommended voltage range.
Gear_One_Performance is offline   Reply With Quote