follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2015, 11:39 PM   #15
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
what's the part number of those STI endlinks... :o
Old 07-09-2015, 12:04 AM   #16
lamune

Drives: 14 WRB BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
what's the part number of those STI endlinks... :o
https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/24568
Old 07-09-2015, 02:30 AM   #17
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoxer View Post
I was second guessing my purchase of Swift BRZ springs and Bilstein B6 struts but thank you guys for making me feel better about my purchase. I just need to get my Bilstein fronts installed, if anybody would like to swap their FRS spec Swifts for the BRZ spec please PM me.
why did u choose bilstein b6+swift springs over bilstein b14 coilovers?
i already had the swift frs springs on stock struts. picked the b14 cause of ride adjustment and i think its coated better and it was only about $200-300 more than the b6/b8 struts
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mush For This Useful Post:
Bimble Bamble (09-04-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 03:22 AM   #18
NLSP

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm curious how these compare to the silver STI/Showa units...and why it coexists with the STI/Bilstein combo in the first place. Anybody know why and what the differences are? Is one more performance-oriented and the other more comfort-oriented?

NLSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #19
cslntuee

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLSP View Post
I'm curious how these compare to the silver STI/Showa units...and why it coexists with the STI/Bilstein combo in the first place. Anybody know why and what the differences are? Is one more performance-oriented and the other more comfort-oriented?

I found this.

http://autoc-one.jp/subaru/brz/newmodel-2081535/

Google Translate:

" To want to attention then, and the adoption of Bilstein damper is. It was previously also have dampers made ​​SHOWA for suppressing the price at tS, and by a more cost took inverted type made ​​Bilstein, the rigidity is increased, large difference in the smoothness of start moving in a minute rudder area comes out it is the story.

Again it was stuck the response and texture in the "micro-rudder" . The way out of the roll in the corners more obediently, controllability and comfort by allowing more slowly rolled, and is that the increase in the sense of quality of the car.

On poor response of the small rudder so start moving the damper resulting in a fast and Ston and roll, it will also impaired sense of quality of the car. To achieve a smooth movement be to firmly control the speed of the roll, and I are tailored to mature sports car."
cslntuee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cslntuee For This Useful Post:
NLSP (07-09-2015), SPCorBUST (07-09-2015)
Old 07-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #20
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,241 Times in 2,962 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslntuee View Post
I found this.

http://autoc-one.jp/subaru/brz/newmodel-2081535/

Google Translate:

" To want to attention then, and the adoption of Bilstein damper is. It was previously also have dampers made ​​SHOWA for suppressing the price at tS, and by a more cost took inverted type made ​​Bilstein, the rigidity is increased, large difference in the smoothness of start moving in a minute rudder area comes out it is the story.

Again it was stuck the response and texture in the "micro-rudder" . The way out of the roll in the corners more obediently, controllability and comfort by allowing more slowly rolled, and is that the increase in the sense of quality of the car.

On poor response of the small rudder so start moving the damper resulting in a fast and Ston and roll, it will also impaired sense of quality of the car. To achieve a smooth movement be to firmly control the speed of the roll, and I are tailored to mature sports car."

AKA..."we wanted to recreate the Euro feel in our Japanese Sports Car !"

STI and FUJI engineers have been quoted early on saying they went for the "Euro"feeling in their cars and referred to that as..."Mature" !

( which made me feel kinda good at 47yrs of age )

Myles
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
Hyper4mance2k (07-13-2015), StanBo (03-30-2018), turbocat (02-22-2017)
Old 07-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #21
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mush View Post
why did u choose bilstein b6+swift springs over bilstein b14 coilovers?
i already had the swift frs springs on stock struts. picked the b14 cause of ride adjustment and i think its coated better and it was only about $200-300 more than the b6/b8 struts
I had the springs installed first and planned on running them for a while and getting coils later. Installer messed up and one of my rear shocks blew so i replaced both rears with the B6's. I still have to do the fronts next week.

You don't happen to still have the Swift FRS springs do you?
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:30 AM   #22
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoxer View Post
I had the springs installed first and planned on running them for a while and getting coils later. Installer messed up and one of my rear shocks blew so i replaced both rears with the B6's. I still have to do the fronts next week.

You don't happen to still have the Swift FRS springs do you?
i do, but my buddy is buying them from me
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #23
Hyper4mance2k
Shadetree Project Ratchet

Drives: series.Blue
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Front Left: 35-231332
Front Right: 35-231349
Rear: 24-231350

I tried looking them up on the Bilstein online parts catalog but nothing comes up.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
Ro_Ja

Drives: TOYOTA
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
http://www.sti.jp/product/brzts2015/mechanism_p3.html

Google Translate:

Quote:
Even if increased steering response is, is the unstable car of behavior, it is not possible to run while at ease interacting with the road surface.
The new SUBARU BRZ tS, the new adopted the STI made Bilstein damper on the underbody.
Especially in that it has a front damper and an inverted type, it is realized approximately + 35% camber stiffness.
By further 65mm extension of the tube length, and achieve low friction of stretched the distance between the bearings.
The increase in the oil capacity in conjunction, it is possible to suppress a decrease in the oil viscosity during sporty driving,
We have to stabilize the damping force. These achievements are also reflected in the experimental data of 100km / h roll rate,
Although roll speed go growing in accordance cut the steering, the transient characteristics has become very smooth.
In particular, the convergence time of the roll has become than 0.4 seconds faster conventional, extremely stable damping force damper in all areas
Is a testament to that is generated. The driver, sporty driving in the winding course,
And such as to reduce the wiggle fix steering in such large loop of curvature at the interchange,
You can feel its effects on the stage of every run.
In addition, by increasing the damping force for the small input from the rough road surface, such as a highway, to improve the flat ride of.
To refine the comfort during long cruising, thereby achieving a perfect balance with excellent maneuverability.
Ro_Ja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ro_Ja For This Useful Post:
Hyper4mance2k (07-13-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #25
Hyper4mance2k

Quote:
Even if increased steering response is, is the unstable car of behavior, it is not possible to run while at ease interacting with the road surface.
The new SUBARU BRZ tS, the new adopted the STI made Bilstein damper on the underbody.
Especially in that it has a front damper and an inverted type, it is realized approximately + 35% camber stiffness.
By further 65mm extension of the tube length, and achieve low friction of stretched the distance between the bearings.
The increase in the oil capacity in conjunction, it is possible to suppress a decrease in the oil viscosity during sporty driving, We have to stabilize the damping force.
These achievements are also reflected in the experimental data of 100km / h roll rate,
Although roll speed go growing in accordance cut the steering, the transient characteristics has become very smooth.
In particular, the convergence time of the roll has become than 0.4 seconds faster conventional, extremely stable damping force damper in all areas
Is a testament to that is generated. The driver, sporty driving in the winding course,
And such as to reduce the wiggle fix steering in such large loop of curvature at the interchange,
You can feel its effects on the stage of every run.
In addition, by increasing the damping force for the small input from the rough road surface, such as a highway, to improve the flat ride of.
To refine the comfort during long cruising, thereby achieving a perfect balance with excellent maneuverability.
I knew I wasn't crazy; they are longer. Now to figure out how to get just the front two.
JDM4E (05-11-2017)
Old 07-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #26
Createddeleted

Drives: 2014 BRZ - 2004 GLI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper4mance2k View Post
I knew I wasn't crazy; they are longer. Now to figure out how to get just the front two.

How far do b6/b8's extend?
Createddeleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #27
Hyper4mance2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Createddeleted View Post
How far do b6/b8's extend?
B6's are built to the same as stock dims, the b8's are shorter to keep really low springs captured, but my Swift SpecR's do not need a shorter shock, nor do 99% of other springs on the market for this car. You can find them actual bump and stroke measurements already posted on the site, somewhere... in a thread about B6s & B8s...
Old 07-13-2015, 04:30 PM   #28
Createddeleted

Drives: 2014 BRZ - 2004 GLI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper4mance2k View Post
B6's are built to the same as stock dims, the b8's are shorter to keep really low springs captured, but my Swift SpecR's do not need a shorter shock, nor do 99% of other springs on the market for this car. You can find them actual bump and stroke measurements already posted on the site, somewhere... in a thread about B6s & B8s...
Umm no. Because there is an extension.

B6/B8 stroke is different for sure. We know that. But regardless the B6/B8's have an extension that go beyond the bottom mount as seen from the pictures below. BUT, is the extension the same size between B6/B8 and the TS Bilstein. I don't believe they are, but can someone just measure their Bilstein struts?

Createddeleted is offline   Reply With Quote