follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #15
wulfstan

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Red Side Emblems

Continuing with the White on Red and Black theme...

No car status as of yet.

Supposedly, will know more on Monday.

Johnny
Attached Images

wulfstan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wulfstan For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 02-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
wulfstan

Thumbs up

Status Updated in First Post...

Build Date: 12/26/2013 (Fuji Heavy Duty Industries, Gunma, Japan
Ship Date: 01/09/2014 (From Japan)
Port Arrival: 02/06/2014 (ESTIMATED DATE)

Which means it might be sitting in New York as we speak...
Still needs to go through Customs and Port Inspection...

Possibly within a week, the car will arrive!!!

Yehey...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulfstan For This Useful Post:
Turkish (02-06-2014), ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 02-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #17
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats! What's the plan for the car?

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turkish For This Useful Post:
wulfstan (02-06-2014), ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #18
wulfstan

Purchased "OLAF"
02/26/2014

Pics to follow, but I wanted a placeholder...

Johnny
Attached Images

Last edited by wulfstan; 02-28-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added pic
ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #19
wulfstan

Initial mods...

License plate relocation: GRIMMSPEED
(at least until TRD kit comes in)

Rear License plate frame: TRD
Attached Images

ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 02:02 AM   #20
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
I gotcha. You also might want to check whether the Scion spoiler is drilled in (I believe it is). If you do decide to get a TRD spoiler later on down the line, you may have holes to cover up (though the TRD spoiler should cover it). If you don't opt for a Scion spoiler, your trunk lid will not have any holes to worry about covering up. Though the TRD spoiler has studs that would require drilling holes into your trunk, those studs can be shaved off so the spoiler can be held by double-sided tape alone. Maybe you can ask if the dealership can give you the spoiler but not install it. Then you can decide whether you want to shave off its studs and attach it via 3M tape, sell it, or drill it in anyway. I'm telling you all this because my BRZ came with the OEM Toyota/Subaru spoiler installed, and sometimes I wish it didn't so I can swap in a variety of the lip spoilers available out there without worrying about holes to cover. But I'm pretty much stuck with this spoiler or the TRD spoiler. An undrilled trunk lid opens you up to many options and is much easier than swapping to an undrilled trunk lid. Just giving you things to consider while it's still not too late to cancel on the spoiler.

I also forgot to add, there are no factory side skirts that you will need to take off and sell to install the TRD side skirts.
I have ordered a whiteout monogram as well. I have been contemplating what to do about the not so stylish scion spoiler and the holes situation. Can I just get the dealer to not install or is this spoiler factory installed? Im thinking I want the stillen spoiler and dont want to hace holes in the trunk

Last edited by Chad86; 03-12-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad86 For This Useful Post:
wulfstan (03-28-2017), ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 02:07 AM   #21
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsWrath For This Useful Post:
wulfstan (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #22
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
I have ordered a whiteout monogram as well. I have been contemplating what to do about the not so stylish scion spoiler and the holes situation. Can I just get the dealer to not install or is this spoiler factory installed? Im thinking I want the stillen spoiler and dont want to hace holes in the trtrunk
Because that spoiler seems localized for the North American market, it might be port installed at a delivery port after it has left the factory and before it gets transported to your dealership. Your dealer should be able to take on your request. If one salesman denies your request, keep asking other employees until you can escalate it. I believe there's also a Toyota Customer Care hotline you can leverage. It is a matter of communicating along the appropriate channel and shouldn't be difficult. Typically, dealers are able to propagate requests like this to the port on up to the manufacturing plant.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:25 AM   #23
Chad86

Garage
Arrow

Quote:
Because that spoiler seems localized for the North American market, it might be port installed at a delivery port after it has left the factory and before it gets transported to your dealership. Your dealer should be able to take on your request. If one salesman denies your request, keep asking other employees until you can escalate it. I believe there's also a Toyota Customer Care hotline you can leverage. It is a matter of communicating along the appropriate channel and shouldn't be difficult. Typically, dealers are able to propagate requests like this to the port on up to the manufacturing plant.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will contact them tomorrow. Do you think they can discount or just let me keep the spoiler as it is part of the monogram package. Would it be the same route for them not to drill the front bumper as I will be either not installing a plate on the front or using Hide The Plate system???

Last edited by Chad86; 03-12-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 AM   #24
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I will contact them tomorrow. Do you think they can discount or just let me keep the spoiler as it is part of the monogram package. Would it be the same route for them not to drill the front bumper as I will be either not installing a plate on the front or using Hide The Plate sytem???
Yes, also ask them not to drill the front bumper. Not sure if they can discount the spoiler from the total price (doesn't hurt to ask), but if they don't, they should provide the non-installed spoiler separately since you'd be paying for it.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #25
Chad86

Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Yes, also ask them not to drill the front bumper. Not sure if they can discount the spoiler from the total price (doesn't hurt to ask), but if they don't, they should provide the non-installed spoiler separately since you'd be paying for it.
Just got a response back from Toyota and they said:

'My Sales Manager has confirmed that the spoiler is part of the factory build'

So therefore I assume this is installed in the production process for the Monogram at the factory. Does this mean I am out of luck for having the Scion spoiler 'un-installed and un-drilled'?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:39 AM   #26
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Quote:
Just got a response back from Toyota and they said:

'My Sales Manager has confirmed that the spoiler is part of the factory build'

So therefore I assume this is installed in the production process for the Monogram at the factory. Does this mean I am out of luck for having the Scion spoiler 'un-installed and un-drilled'?
That doesn't mean they can't do it (they didn't explicitly deny you/say it can't be done based on the wording they used). They might be trying to avoid the question with this ambiguous statement/be giving you the run around. If it were me I would keep trying/asking other people til I've exhaust all possible avenues (but I'm stubborn like that). The Sales Manager has people above him in the hierarchy, just need to find ways to reach them. Also the customer hotline. When buying a new car that hasn't already been assembled to your name, it's always possible to specify things like no spoiler all the way to the factory. It's just a matter of hitting up the right people who hold a degree in G.I.D. (get it done).
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #27
Chad86

Garage
Arrow

Quote:
That doesn't mean they can't do it (they didn't explicitly deny you/say it can't be done based on the wording they used). They might be trying to avoid the question with this ambiguous statement/be giving you the run around. If it were me I would keep trying/asking other people til I've exhaust all possible avenues (but I'm stubborn like that). The Sales Manager has people above him in the hierarchy, just need to find ways to reach them. Also the customer hotline. When buying a new car that hasn't already been assembled to your name, it's always possible to specify things like no spoiler all the way to the factory. It's just a matter of hitting up the right people who hold a degree in G.I.D. (get it done).
Do you have a number, toll free to call?
I need to get on this and push further.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #28
Chad86

Garage
I just spoke with a rep on Scion.ca
I will have to push further with my local dealer to see what they can do.
See my chat below:

'You are talking to Chris.
Welcome to Scion Canada, please standby as we find an agent to assist you.
Chris has joined the session.
Chris: Welcome to Scion Chat. how can I help you today?
ChadU: Hello, I recently ordered a Monogram edition FR-S and am inquiring as to having the spoiler not installed at the factory
Chris: If the vehicle does not come with a spoiler as order than there is not a custom option; however we suggest to discuss with your sales person or parts department to determine if a spoiler accessory is available.
Chris: Additionally, vehicle ordered as per packages from the factory cannot be changed.
ChadU: The dealer told me that because it is installed at factory there is no way to edit to have it NOT installed...
ChadU: Friends have told me to get them to elevate this as I do not want holes put in the trunk
Chris: if there is any such modification to be done it will have to be done after delivery.
ChadU: Can they just specify to not install at the factory as the car is not completed being built
Chris: no. there is no such thing as custom coach work with Toyota Scion since all vehicles are built off an assembly line.
ChadU: Oh. Are they able to put a plain trunk without spoiler on after delivery as a modified order without spoiler at no extra cost
ChadU: ?
Chris: If that is an available option, you would have to discuss with the dealership.
ChadU: Okay. Thank you. I will push further with the dealership. Thank you.
Chris: Did you have any other questions?
ChadU: That is all thanks!
Chris: Thank you for chatting with Scion Canada. A copy of your complete chat session will be e-mailed to the address provided. Scionnation.ca is updated frequently with new information on our exciting products and services. We invite you to stay connected by clicking on the following link to register for updates. http://www.scion.ca/scion'