follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #1821
secho
Member
 
secho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: GT86, forged and supercharged
Location: Prague
Posts: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Hi, Can someone look at my logs also please. I think my AFR is not good and should scale my MAF. Also, I'm seeing negative FLKC.

Mods: Perrin CAI, OFH UEL with Perrin OP, Berk FP and Invidia CB.

3rd Gear Pull:
https://datazap.me/u/sideways/oft-te...data=1-8-10-11
You should definitely scale maf properly. Seems like you are 6% rich although ltft is already removing another 2.35%. Rich condition in wot might (or not) cause a knock events. Check IAM if it is decreasing or stays 1.

Odesláno z mého SM-G973F pomocí Tapatalk
secho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secho For This Useful Post:
Sideways (06-18-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 11:34 PM   #1822
kev0
AUTOMATIC TRANNY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2014 FRS AT
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 374
Thanks: 169
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://datazap.me/u/kev0/p0304?log=0&data=21

My idle is extremely rough. Moto East tune. Fresh Sprintex SC install. Sometimes the car hesitates to even turn on. When it does successfully start, it sometimes idles so low, the car stalls out. I have an automatic transmission. P0300 and P0304 code. The P0300 eventually cleared after fixing leaks, but P0304 remains.

Please take a look at my logs if you can @steve99. I am very desperate to figuring out what the issue is :/

Thanks

Last edited by kev0; 07-01-2019 at 11:54 PM.
kev0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:07 AM   #1823
secho
Member
 
secho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: GT86, forged and supercharged
Location: Prague
Posts: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
https://datazap.me/u/kev0/p0304?log=0&data=21

My idle is extremely rough. Moto East tune. Fresh Sprintex SC install. Sometimes the car hesitates to even turn on. When it does successfully start, it sometimes idles so low, the car stalls out. I have an automatic transmission. P0300 and P0304 code. The P0300 eventually cleared after fixing leaks, but P0304 remains.

Please take a look at my logs if you can @steve99. I am very desperate to figuring out what the issue is :/

Thanks
Look for the leeks or calibrate a MAF. You have huge positive fueltrims = unmeasured air = lean mixture.

Odesláno z mého SM-G973F pomocí Tapatalk
secho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:30 AM   #1824
kev0
AUTOMATIC TRANNY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2014 FRS AT
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 374
Thanks: 169
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by secho View Post
Look for the leeks or calibrate a MAF. You have huge positive fueltrims = unmeasured air = lean mixture.

Odesláno z mého SM-G973F pomocí Tapatalk
So does that rule out a bad coil pack/spark plug? :o
kev0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:54 AM   #1825
secho
Member
 
secho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: GT86, forged and supercharged
Location: Prague
Posts: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
So does that rule out a bad coil pack/spark plug? :o
If you take a look at your actual afr it measures like 16, 17 and your fueltrims are topped at +35% = you are very lean and ecu is not able to add another fuel to compensate. Lean mixture is probably causing the misfires. I would suspect big air leak somewhere. If your plugs/sparks were ok before it did not break after sc install (I believe). Check if you have correcly installed all vacuum hoses of PCV etc.

Odesláno z mého SM-G973F pomocí Tapatalk
secho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 01:07 AM   #1826
kev0
AUTOMATIC TRANNY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2014 FRS AT
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 374
Thanks: 169
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by secho View Post
If you take a look at your actual afr it measures like 16, 17 and your fueltrims are topped at +35% = you are very lean and ecu is not able to add another fuel to compensate. Lean mixture is probably causing the misfires. I would suspect big air leak somewhere. If your plugs/sparks were ok before it did not break after sc install (I believe). Check if you have correcly installed all vacuum hoses of PCV etc.

Odesláno z mého SM-G973F pomocí Tapatalk
Thank you. I'm sure it is a leak somewhere too. I just have to look very hard for it. My spark plugs were definitely not bad before the install, but I should have replaced them a while ago. I'm at 75k and the manual calls for replacement at 60k.
kev0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 AM   #1827
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,538
Thanks: 973
Thanked 4,668 Times in 2,792 Posts
Mentioned: 518 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
https://datazap.me/u/kev0/p0304?log=0&data=21

My idle is extremely rough. Moto East tune. Fresh Sprintex SC install. Sometimes the car hesitates to even turn on. When it does successfully start, it sometimes idles so low, the car stalls out. I have an automatic transmission. P0300 and P0304 code. The P0300 eventually cleared after fixing leaks, but P0304 remains.

Please take a look at my logs if you can @steve99. I am very desperate to figuring out what the issue is :/

Thanks

Answered you in other thread
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #1828
kev0
AUTOMATIC TRANNY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2014 FRS AT
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 374
Thanks: 169
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@steve99

Fixed my leaking intake manifold gasket. Misfire code went away but now I have this code instead: P0171

https://datazap.me/u/kev0/cel-p0171?log=0&data=21-29-31

Any idea why my fuel trims can fluctuate so much? I'm on the same Moto East basetune with their 3" intake. Maybe it's a tuning issue?
kev0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:17 AM   #1829
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,002
Thanks: 73
Thanked 421 Times in 305 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
@steve99

Fixed my leaking intake manifold gasket. Misfire code went away but now I have this code instead: P0171

https://datazap.me/u/kev0/cel-p0171?log=0&data=21-29-31

Any idea why my fuel trims can fluctuate so much? I'm on the same Moto East basetune with their 3" intake. Maybe it's a tuning issue?
Try cleaning your maf sensor and double checking the maf sensor o-ring didn’t get pinched.

Also did you reflash the tune after fixing the manifold gasket? Best to get a fresh tune flashed in when fixing issues effecting fuel trims as it can take a lot of miles before it will sort itself out if you don’t (assuming the issue is fixed)
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 02:19 AM   #1830
kev0
AUTOMATIC TRANNY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2014 FRS AT
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 374
Thanks: 169
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Try cleaning your maf sensor and double checking the maf sensor o-ring didn’t get pinched.

Also did you reflash the tune after fixing the manifold gasket? Best to get a fresh tune flashed in when fixing issues effecting fuel trims as it can take a lot of miles before it will sort itself out if you don’t (assuming the issue is fixed)
Thanks boss. I did reflash the tune after fixing manifold gasket issue. It's been about 27 miles total ever since I drove off my buddy's house. I'll be cleaning the MAF sensor tomorrow but I'm afraid that doesn't fix it, my car would blow up from being too lean on the way to a reputable shop to get it taken care of.
kev0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #1831
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 2,871
Thanks: 177
Thanked 1,481 Times in 1,026 Posts
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
STFTs fluctuate, it's the nature of fuel trims and changing airflow. If you're cruising you're not going to be able to do any damage from being "too lean" as you're not making enough power.

The whole running lean and causing damage is a bit of old engine issue, where the combustion chamber gets too hot and primarily causes a lot of detonation. Our ECU should protect you from that. Other components could be affected, granted, but if you're not WOT then you're not really at risk.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Litchfield Springs / Abbey MS Geo
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #1832
tomm.brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: brz 2017
Location: italy
Posts: 1,083
Thanks: 242
Thanked 344 Times in 286 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
also in the log you are not really lean, ltft is compensating... just fix it but is not dangerous if you drive it normally as it is now
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-08-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #1833
kev0
AUTOMATIC TRANNY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2014 FRS AT
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 374
Thanks: 169
Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://datazap.me/u/kev0/un22?log=0&data=21-29-31

Can someone tell me what these fuel trims mean? I was pretty negative and positive throughout my data log. I was very negative in STFT when I first started my car. Does this mean I'm running lean, rich, or my car was simply adjusting/compensating itself? Thanks
kev0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #1834
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,002
Thanks: 73
Thanked 421 Times in 305 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
https://datazap.me/u/kev0/un22?log=0&data=21-29-31

Can someone tell me what these fuel trims mean? I was pretty negative and positive throughout my data log. I was very negative in STFT when I first started my car. Does this mean I'm running lean, rich, or my car was simply adjusting/compensating itself? Thanks
High positive LTFT typically means you have a leak. Especially if LTFT decrease as RPM increases. Meaning worse at idle and less noticeable at higher throttle/rpm. Also positive Fuel trim also means your running lean (from unmetered air entering in) aka you got a vacuum leak someplace. Best to not drive the car until resolved or you will continue to do damage to the engine especially if the leak is bad enough that even LTFT can’t compensate enough.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-13-2019)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RGM Supercharged 86 performance data TheGooseman AFRICA 14 12-13-2014 02:15 AM
Interpreting Ecutek Data Logs? cuddefred Software Tuning 3 09-02-2013 12:55 PM
VIR - Impressions/Pics/Logs/Video (Track Daze) swift996 Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 39 08-30-2013 09:21 AM
Noise tube delete air/fuel logs? jm1681 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 13 10-17-2012 04:57 PM
ECU Data Logger Motordyne Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 07-18-2012 09:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.