follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #155
Kinickie
R.I.P Firestorm

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I bought the Emissions Rage Exhaust package from FT-86 SpeedFactory and I have to say I'm not happy about the experience thus far.

The first issue was that my parts took 3 months to arrive even though I was assured when ordered that it would be 8-10 weeks, but ok, stuff happens, I can deal.

What's really bothering me is that my parts were just delivered yesterday (Friday), and when unboxing them for install I found that they didn't send me the right front pipe. I got a Motiv pipe instead of the Invidia listed in the package description.

The Invidia pipe costs almost $170 more than what I received. When I went to check their website to make sure I wasn't crazy, I noticed that the photos now show a Motiv pipe but the descriptions for the package and the videos all list the Invidia pipe, so now I don't even know what I was supposed to receive.

I'm upset because I don't feel like I'm getting the same value as advertised in the package, and right now it's feeling a little like a bait and switch.

It's also frustrating that I've spent my morning getting the car up on stands and unboxing everything and now my plans for a relaxed install over my long weekend are shot. They don't have a phone number to call for assistance, and now I have to wait until Monday for someone to get back to me via email.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #156
DGM-BRZ

Drives: 2017 CWP STi
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just placed an order from FT86-Motorsports, which gets their products from FT86-Speed Factory.

I was reading the terms and conditions of shipping and I find it ridiculous that they do not replace/exchange/refund items that are broken when you receive it. They tell us to contact our delivery service company and make a claim there. Could easily just send a broken/dysfunctional product and blame the delivery company and we're stuck dealing with all the hassle.

I hope my parts come in perfect condition or I'll be very unimpressed to say the least.
DGM-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #157
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM-BRZ View Post
I just placed an order from FT86-Motorsports, which gets their products from FT86-Speed Factory.

I was reading the terms and conditions of shipping and I find it ridiculous that they do not replace/exchange/refund items that are broken when you receive it. They tell us to contact our delivery service company and make a claim there. Could easily just send a broken/dysfunctional product and blame the delivery company and we're stuck dealing with all the hassle.

I hope my parts come in perfect condition or I'll be very unimpressed to say the least.
FT-86 Motosports has their own policy's which may reflect Canadian delivery policy's.

I know in the USA we handle the claims and replacements on items that arrive damaged. But I know internationally sometimes it is handled by the consumer and shipping service. Since we are not from Canada I do not know for sure. Best bet is to speak with them and ask.

I can tell you for a fact we don't send known broken or dysfunctional items out to any of our clients or to FT-86 Motorsports for distribution in Canada. That just makes no logical sense, we're not ebay sellers from a basement. We're an established company with a large facility and 20+ employees. Holler if you have any questions.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #158
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinickie View Post
I bought the Emissions Rage Exhaust package from FT-86 SpeedFactory and I have to say I'm not happy about the experience thus far.

The first issue was that my parts took 3 months to arrive even though I was assured when ordered that it would be 8-10 weeks, but ok, stuff happens, I can deal.

What's really bothering me is that my parts were just delivered yesterday (Friday), and when unboxing them for install I found that they didn't send me the right front pipe. I got a Motiv pipe instead of the Invidia listed in the package description.

The Invidia pipe costs almost $170 more than what I received. When I went to check their website to make sure I wasn't crazy, I noticed that the photos now show a Motiv pipe but the descriptions for the package and the videos all list the Invidia pipe, so now I don't even know what I was supposed to receive.

I'm upset because I don't feel like I'm getting the same value as advertised in the package, and right now it's feeling a little like a bait and switch.

It's also frustrating that I've spent my morning getting the car up on stands and unboxing everything and now my plans for a relaxed install over my long weekend are shot. They don't have a phone number to call for assistance, and now I have to wait until Monday for someone to get back to me via email.
It's a just a miss pull in the warehouse. It's not intentional and that kit does come with the Invidia catted front pipe as described. Please send us an email. sales@ft86speedfactory.com . Sorry for the mix up and customer service will send you the correct pipe + a return label for the other unit.

We're closed on the weekends as nothing ships so we'll get it all rolling on Monday.

That kit includes:
Motiv Overpipe
Invidia Catted Front Pipe
FT86 Catted Header
V1 Exhaust Resonated

Edit - replied to your email, offered refund in difference so you can still install this weekend or of course the correct pipe being sent on Monday.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #159
Kinickie
R.I.P Firestorm

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
It's a just a miss pull in the warehouse. It's not intentional and that kit does come with the Invidia catted front pipe as described. Please send us an email. sales@ft86speedfactory.com . Sorry for the mix up and customer service will send you the correct pipe + a return label for the other unit.

We're closed on the weekends as nothing ships so we'll get it all rolling on Monday.

That kit includes:
Motiv Overpipe
Invidia Catted Front Pipe
FT86 Catted Header
V1 Exhaust Resonated

Edit - replied to your email, offered refund in difference so you can still install this weekend or of course the correct pipe being sent on Monday.

Thanks for taking the time to respond on a Saturday, I really appreciate it.

I got your email and I think the best resolution for me would be to keep the Motiv and just get the difference refunded. That way I can do the install without having to take additional time off work.

Again, thanks for responding so quickly and also for offering multiple options to get things resolved!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #160
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinickie View Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond on a Saturday, I really appreciate it.

I got your email and I think the best resolution for me would be to keep the Motiv and just get the difference refunded. That way I can do the install without having to take additional time off work.

Again, thanks for responding so quickly and also for offering multiple options to get things resolved!
No problem. Sorry about the mix up.

Glad I could help and get you still wrenching this weekend.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 PM   #161
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:

This is most likely because you bought a special order item and that it was shipped to you directly from the manufacturer. I've dealt with them multiple times and had no issues with any damaged item. If you do get an issue at some point, Sylvain or Kenny will be more than happy to assist you in getting your issue resolved.
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #162
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Placed an order including a diffusor which "ships from factory"

My card is charged and only one item from my order ships. I email asking if the other item is backordered, and it turns out it won't ship until late July (backorder).

If I cancel the pending item from my order I have to pay a 6 percent fee on a 500+ dollar item. Not very happy with that, but probably my fault for not verifying in stock status. I have learned I should probably call and verify everything, as this is not the first time this has happened with other companies as well.

I have bad luck every time I order something for this car lol
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #163
DGM-BRZ

Just received my shipment...the clip needed to attach it onto my bumper was broken..

Messaged ft86speedfactory, I hope this gets resent... I even got hit with that $38 customs fee to Canada qq
Old 06-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #164
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
Placed an order including a diffusor which "ships from factory"

My card is charged and only one item from my order ships. I email asking if the other item is backordered, and it turns out it won't ship until late July (backorder).

If I cancel the pending item from my order I have to pay a 6 percent fee on a 500+ dollar item. Not very happy with that, but probably my fault for not verifying in stock status. I have learned I should probably call and verify everything, as this is not the first time this has happened with other companies as well.

I have bad luck every time I order something for this car lol
Yea Same thing happened to me with their driveshaft. Emailed and they said it was on back order but i know for a fact it wasnt posted when I ordered it. Cost me about 40$ in motul trans fluid because i refused to reuse it (long Story). I aint mad though because it came in last week but they gave me an ETA of August LOL

Quote:
Just received my shipment...the clip needed to attach it onto my bumper was broken..

Messaged ft86speedfactory, I hope this gets resent... I even got hit with that $38 customs fee to Canada qq
Took them about 48 hours to get back to me but once they did they kept responding super fast to the original email chain.
tofurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:40 PM   #165
DGM-BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurun View Post
Yea Same thing happened to me with their driveshaft. Emailed and they said it was on back order but i know for a fact it wasnt posted when I ordered it. Cost me about 40$ in motul trans fluid because i refused to reuse it (long Story). I aint mad though because it came in last week but they gave me an ETA of August LOL

Took them about 48 hours to get back to me but once they did they kept responding super fast to the original email chain.
They replied within 24 hours and they didn't screw around. First reply said they'd replace it right away.

The only thing that's bugging me is that I might have to pay the customs again...which I feel like should be covered by them.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:04 AM   #166
kbishop

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fast shipping no problem at all with the exhaust I ordered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
kbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kbishop For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (07-07-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 10:09 PM   #167
DIM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Is anyone else having problems going to their website?
Old 07-06-2016, 11:13 PM   #168
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Their site doesn't load correctly on my browser, but on my friend's it looks fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIM View Post
Is anyone else having problems going to their website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy

Last edited by Clipdat; 07-07-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote