follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
SmartedPanda

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited Manual. 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Intec High Mount Brake + Rear Dash Cam

Anyone have this setup? I was curious where you put your rear camera.
Parallel and slightly off center to the Intec high mount? Or below and get alot of trunk in the view?

Thanks,

(Honestly don't know where to post this)
[| Blox 490 Knob | Mishimoto Silicon Intake | K&N Filter | DD Always-On DRL | Tomei 60S | Weather Tech | RED USDM TOM's Tail Lights | OEM Underbody Panels | Intec High Mount Brake | RexSpeed Heated Wide Mirrors | TC105N 17x9 | Super Sport 245/40R17 |TRD Quickshifter | Porsche Brake Air Duct | TRD Sliding Armrest| OEM Knee Pads | MTEC Shifter Springs| WRX OEM Oil Cooler| Generic PVC Catch Can|]
SmartedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
Brayden_23

Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
What if you were to wire it so the camera looks out from your trunk?? You could also try mounting it up top offset from the brake light (the OCD part of me would die with that setup, but it might work for some)
Brayden_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
SmartedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayden_23 View Post
What if you were to wire it so the camera looks out from your trunk?? You could also try mounting it up top offset from the brake light (the OCD part of me would die with that setup, but it might work for some)
Same about the OCD Comment.

Just wanted to see those who have High Mount 3rd + Rear dashcam, looks like I am the only one or I'm on the wrong section.
[| Blox 490 Knob | Mishimoto Silicon Intake | K&N Filter | DD Always-On DRL | Tomei 60S | Weather Tech | RED USDM TOM's Tail Lights | OEM Underbody Panels | Intec High Mount Brake | RexSpeed Heated Wide Mirrors | TC105N 17x9 | Super Sport 245/40R17 |TRD Quickshifter | Porsche Brake Air Duct | TRD Sliding Armrest| OEM Knee Pads | MTEC Shifter Springs| WRX OEM Oil Cooler| Generic PVC Catch Can|]
Old 06-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #4
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
if I ever did a rear view camera, I would ideally place it as close to the roof as possible. however, since you have a high mount brake light, it would be in the way. in that regard, placing it next to the brake light would be my next option. it does not matter if the camera is not centered since most dashcams have wide FOV's so slightly off center will not affect your picture that much.

my current front dash cam is slightly off center and you can barely tell in the videos.

this video for example: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEBJT2WFP4"]spin out - YouTube[/ame]

my dash cam is mounted about 2 inches to the right of my rear view mirror stalk. you can barely tell it is off center.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:21 PM   #5
xxatsayxx

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartedPanda View Post
Anyone have this setup? I was curious where you put your rear camera.
Parallel and slightly off center to the Intec high mount? Or below and get alot of trunk in the view?

Thanks,

(Honestly don't know where to post this)
where did you end up mounting the rear cam? also how did you wire up your power magic pro? did you use the guide that uses the fuse box?
xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
SmartedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
where did you end up mounting the rear cam? also how did you wire up your power magic pro? did you use the guide that uses the fuse box?
Hey, I just attached it below the Intec light, it only slightly blocked my view. After I tinted my car I just mounted it on the Intec itself, it's fine now. It still slightly blocks my view...

So I got rid of my 3rd brake light to get more visibility , but Intec + rear view camera is almost as bad now.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
xxatsayxx

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartedPanda View Post
Hey, I just attached it below the Intec light, it only slightly blocked my view. After I tinted my car I just mounted it on the Intec itself, it's fine now. It still slightly blocks my view...

So I got rid of my 3rd brake light to get more visibility , but Intec + rear view camera is almost as bad now.

I see. Debating on where to put mine. How'd you wire up the power magic pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
SmartedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
I see. Debating on where to put mine. How'd you wire up the power magic pro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Read this 3 times, and note the fuses. That's key part. Only problem now is Blackvue software is annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to SmartedPanda For This Useful Post:
xxatsayxx (02-12-2017)