follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

View Poll Results: Location Vote
Lake Del Valle - Mines Road 23 63.89%
Joseph D Grand - Mt. Hamilton 4 11.11%
Dublin Toyota 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #71
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRx View Post
+2, great. I'll pay the cust rep a visit ASAP. What I plan to propose to her is some dedicated space in around the dealership for us to congregate and to BBQ.
If we do this you should make sure that she understands there will be cars from other makes too (i.e., Subaru). Haha Or I could slap a post-it on top of my emblems that say 86 LOL.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #72
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
+2, great. I'll pay the cust rep a visit ASAP. What I plan to propose to her is some dedicated space in around the dealership for us to congregate and to BBQ.
That would be sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
If we do this you should make sure that she understands there will be cars from other makes too (i.e., Subaru). Haha Or I could slap a post-it on top of my emblems that say 86 LOL.
Yeah, I had to ensure SF Scion that there were more FR-S's than BRZ's when they sponsored the first meet (Breaktfast at Alice's)
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #73
MyRx

Drives: Flight 86 is now boarding.
Thanked 1,502 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
haha yes BFF & PMok, not denying it there are more FRS than BRZs. That was already disclosed in the first communication.

finch, Del Valle is a great place. Great place to include family and kids.
MyRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #74
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
It would be cool if Dublin would sponsor, but just know they are one of the dealerships adding on things like leather at a premium, plus my deal with them was nothing short of a headache (my salesman got fired and then they threatened that my car could get sold to someone even though they didn't call to tell me it was in)

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #75
MyRx

There's a lake in Livermore and here are its information: (I can't publish its name in fear of an open invitation and expectants exceed the allowance, per their policy). They prefer an email listing rather than a forum. Somewhat a closed invitation, I guess. I mentioned 50 cars and 100 ppl.

Available: ALL Saturdays in April, the 11th & 18th of May, and first 2 Saturdays in June.
Place: xxx xxx picnic area - 150 ppl occupancy, ~120 ppl seating. 10' ft picnic tables & charcoal grills on site. Paved parking.
Cost: $248 for the date scheduled that will include a 7-day hold. $150 deposit for breakage, repairs. $6 per car entry fee.

Some will need to arrive at 9am or earlier to go over the rules and meet n' greet the park personal. Somewhere in the conversation, there are beer and wine in the picnic area only. 100' from the parking lot if not closer. Walking distance to the swimming area.

ft86club.com (NorCal) has been recorded as a potential customer so if anyone wants to pursue this, be my guest. PM me for phone number and who I spoke with.

If you want to pursue this, I think creating a managing body of owners be at hand. Someone to 'quietly' PR it. Someone to collect $ for the $248 + $150 + foods/drinks/etc (you pay the $6 when you get to the gate). Someone to be POC for this event.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyRx For This Useful Post:
crouchingpinoy (03-01-2013), omegared19 (03-07-2013)
Old 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #76
MyRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
It would be cool if Dublin would sponsor, but just know they are one of the dealerships adding on things like leather at a premium, plus my deal with them was nothing short of a headache (my salesman got fired and then they threatened that my car could get sold to someone even though they didn't call to tell me it was in)
I hear ya' finch. Unfair for me to try to understand your frustration. I wouldn't want to go back to the scene of the crime, either. I brought up Dublin as a mere a idea, just an idea. I hope you can join us, wherever it may happen, to just remember that all the fun things demands a frustrating start.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #77
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
There's a lake in Livermore and here are its information: (I can't publish its name in fear of an open invitation and expectants exceed the allowance, per their policy). They prefer an email listing rather than a forum. Somewhat a closed invitation, I guess. I mentioned 50 cars and 100 ppl.

Available: ALL Saturdays in April, the 11th & 18th of May, and first 2 Saturdays in June.
Place: xxx xxx picnic area - 150 ppl occupancy, ~120 ppl seating. 10' ft picnic tables & charcoal grills on site. Paved parking.
Cost: $248 for the date scheduled that will include a 7-day hold. $150 deposit for breakage, repairs. $6 per car entry fee.

Some will need to arrive at 9am or earlier to go over the rules and meet n' greet the park personal. Somewhere in the conversation, there are beer and wine in the picnic area only. 100' from the parking lot if not closer. Walking distance to the swimming area.

ft86club.com (NorCal) has been recorded as a potential customer so if anyone wants to pursue this, be my guest. PM me for phone number and who I spoke with.

If you want to pursue this, I think creating a managing body of owners be at hand. Someone to 'quietly' PR it. Someone to collect $ for the $248 + $150 + foods/drinks/etc (you pay the $6 when you get to the gate). Someone to be POC for this event.
PM me info. I drive through Livermore everyday and can check the place out and be a contact. Maybe a small committee could visit or view pics of the place and decide.

And btw, I am going to attend anywhere the meet is. Notta gonna let a bad experiance ruin a meet with friends. Just more of a heads up for when you deal with them.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
Old 03-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #78
crouchingpinoy

Drives: Firestorm 6MT
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:

If this is the park/lake that I'm thinking about, I heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the research!

I really like Lake Del Valle though for the location (right off Mines Rd) and scenery. I think @finch1750 is right, maybe a small committee or so should visit/research the area and make the decision for the group
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #79
MyRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
PM me info. I drive through Livermore everyday and can check the place out and be a contact. Maybe a small committee could visit or view pics of the place and decide.

And btw, I am going to attend anywhere the meet is. Notta gonna let a bad experiance ruin a meet with friends. Just more of a heads up for when you deal with them.
You have a PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #80
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
@MyRx closed invitation will not work for these meets.
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #81
MyRx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86_ZN6 View Post
Let me know what they can do. Let me know asap
Regards to Dublin Toyota playing host, they said YES! Next, what Saturday works best for most ppl? Then, I really suggest a committee to make this happen as DT (Dublin Toyota) is allowing more than just cars on the lot, hence others can take charge of what could happen. The location they are willing to donate is very very cool - I wouldn't have imagine that space. Location!

Sorry I got few more PMs to reply to and I will. Give me this evening as I have my kids to worry about now, for a lil' while. I'll be in Concord, Pleasanton, then CV for some errands with the kids. No FR-S, SUV instead - bigger gas tank haha
The Following User Says Thank You to MyRx For This Useful Post:
crouchingpinoy (03-02-2013)
Old 03-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #82
86_ZN6

Drives: 86 ZN6
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,222 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Regards to Dublin Toyota playing host, they said YES! Next, what Saturday works best for most ppl? Then, I really suggest a committee to make this happen as DT (Dublin Toyota) is allowing more than just cars on the lot, hence others can take charge of what could happen. The location they are willing to donate is very very cool - I wouldn't have imagine that space. Location!

Sorry I got few more PMs to reply to and I will. Give me this evening as I have my kids to worry about now, for a lil' while. I'll be in Concord, Pleasanton, then CV for some errands with the kids. No FR-S, SUV instead - bigger gas tank haha

Only problem in see here is food. Pretty sure there are no bbq pits there right?

How are we going to do the cooking?
86_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #83
MyRx

We bring grills and everything else necessary. There's a gazebo for anything needing shade otherwise, EZ Ups can be justified. These are details we all can discuss or point someone to take charge.

Keep in mind, DT is still just an option and not in stone. Other options are still present and alive. I can't decide for everyone or majority. Let a committee be present and decide.

680N traffic is slow btw

Just came to mind, a caterer does our big RC events. Great simple foods, burgers, dogs, steak sandwiches, simple stuff. I'll see what he costs to get to a place or just charges people to eat.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #84
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
We bring grills and everything else necessary. There's a gazebo for anything needing shade otherwise, EZ Ups can be justified. These are details we all can discuss or point someone to take charge.

Keep in mind, DT is still just an option and not in stone. Other options are still present and alive. I can't decide for everyone or majority. Let a committee be present and decide.

680N traffic is slow btw

Just came to mind, a caterer does our big RC events. Great simple foods, burgers, dogs, steak sandwiches, simple stuff. I'll see what he costs to get to a place or just charges people to eat.
CAtered would prob be the best option at Dublin Toyota (maybe a food truck?)

Bbqs would pose 2 issues I see: no BBQ is fitting in an FRS so some people will have to bring trucks and not go on the drive. Also, it will be a much smaller grill than a BBQ pit so the food will come out in smaller waves instead possibly causing serving/cooking time issues.

I'll swing by when I get off Bart to look at the area though.