follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #197
innocentxsin

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey, I'm having problems with the Techstream software. I installed everything, connected it to my car and got into Techstream just fine. But then half of the connections (or w/e they're called) stayed yellow. Also, when I went into the customize section and clicked on one of the options, the pop-up screen stays blank. And when I disconnect the cable, my check engine light comes on. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

BTW, I'm using the newest version, 10.x and have a 2015 BRZ Limited.

**Edit: Figured out the problem. Java wasn't updating correctly, I think. I uninstalled techstream and reinstalled it, then installed the latest version of java again, and it seemed like everything connected. Kinda disappointed with the lack of some options with techstream. I was hoping to be able to make the doors auto-lock when the key fob was out of range, or have it automatically unlock the doors when the engine was stopped. Oh well. At least I disabled the passenger side seatbelt alarm.

Last edited by innocentxsin; 05-17-2015 at 05:56 PM.
innocentxsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #198
HyperTech

Drives: Mazda3 2013 / Scion FR-S 2015
can we program ourself a set of tpms with this tool and cable?
HyperTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:39 AM   #199
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Does anyone know if the techstream allows you to reset/recalibrate the vsc? Are these screens it? My car has after market suspension and wheels and vsc seems to turn on very easily.

swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:06 PM   #200
BabaYaga

Drives: FRawSome Hot Lava
Garage
Does anyone in Sacramento North CA area or Bay Aria have TechStream? I just need to silence the passenger seat belt buzzer. Can anyone help? Let me know, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 09:11 PM   #201
babybreath

Drives: toyota 2014 rav4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaYaga View Post
Does anyone in Sacramento North CA area or Bay Aria have TechStream? I just need to silence the passenger seat belt buzzer. Can anyone help? Let me know, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
most cables from the site come with FREE shipping

you can try techstream mangoose cable for $19 or mini vci oem cable for $40
babybreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #202
BabaYaga

Drives: FRawSome Hot Lava
Garage
Successful customization of GT-86 functions

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybreath View Post
most cables from the site come with FREE shipping

you can try techstream mangoose cable for $19 or mini vci oem cable for $40
I end up buying the cable from aliexpress - installed the app on my comp - did couple of twiks in the the process and successfully updated all Customizable settings in both my toyotas: Camry Hybrid and FR-S.
Made the sound of locking car more loud (with 3 pushed on remote lock button car makes 2 loud buzzes and one horn beep).
Changed to open trunk with 2 quick clicks on remote.
Silenced the front occupant seat alarm (decided not to silence driver side).
DRL decided not to turn off - but turned it off on Camry.
On Camry change the settings of open/close doors - now with long push on open button - window is rolling down.
Also, when driver door get unlock via remote access - all doors got unlocked.

Anyway, I like it and if anyone needs help in Sacramento area - shoot me PM, we might meet and I can customize your GT-86.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:50 AM   #203
babybreath

Drives: toyota 2014 rav4
Techstream cable can and cannot do

i used Mini VCI cable with TechStream - a $19 Toyota interface cable that comes with version 7 Techstream software and drivers that let me check/change a number of variables in my LX. I’m not a vendor, nor affiliated in any way – just purchased it off the web
http://www.obdtool.co.uk/wholesale/c...ota-26480.html

after reading several references to it while researching AHC threads here in forum.ih8mud.com/

This weekend I used it to:
1.read AHC pressures to correctly crank TBs (4 turns, both sides on original set up @ 116k did the trick) – front pressures now at nominal spec and confirmed rear springs are a little tired as rear AHC pressure just outside range. A valid pressure test removes a lot of speculation and blind cranking of TB’s on AHC vehicles. And yes, based on hitting my local calibrated speed hump at 30 mph it does dampen better with the correct TB/front pressure loading.

2.reset steering angle sensor to get rid of annoying 10 degree off centered wheel. Not sure how many alignment places reset the SAS as a matter of course, or if you don’t ask for it specifically. I know my local Firestone does a reasonable alignment in that the truck drives straight, equal turning effort and no uneven tire wear – but the wheel was never centered properly. Only time I had it aligned at the stealer they charged an extra $10, on top of the $129, to reset the SAS.

3.verified yaw and zero yaw sensor values were set to “0”

4.turn off the 3s delayed wipe after using windshield washer.

5.turn on “unlock all doors” with one push on remote (already had manually set lock/unlock on shifting from “P”).

6.adjusted headlight off and interior light delays.

7.ran “vehicle health check” and OBDII live tests to monitor O2 sensor voltages among other things, and won’t be buying replacement sensors (still original) now. No DTC or MIL, its just that some say 02s need to be replaced as a PM item, and others don’t feel the same way. So until I get a DTC I’ll leave them alone.

I haven’t used TechStream from the TIS site so can’t compare or comment on features and functions of the “official” software to what comes on the mini CD, but I’m happy. Just changing the remote unlock and centering the wheel was worth $35 to me! Still learning what can and can’t be done, what utility/test features are enabled and what’s not, and what all the data means.

Some technicians who I know are using Mangoose Toyota Techstream, also from this site, they say it can do as the vendor claimed, haven’t use it, wish have chance to have one.
babybreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #204
Gerry709

Drives: 16 Scion FRS
Hello everyone,
I have a question for you guys, I got a 2016 FRS and I sent it out to do an alarm and do a window module so the windows close when the alarm is on..... well now the driver side goes down but not up and the passenger side one won't do anything from the driver side and switch blinks but works normal from the passenger side.....Someone told me that they may need to be reset? Any techs on here that can help? that would be great and much appreciated.
Gerry709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #205
73TORANA!

Drives: Orange GTS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
G'Day Gerry, I had a very similar issue when i was playing with mine; I had to cycle the passenger window fully up and fully down about 5 times from the switch in the passenger door and then do the same for the drivers window and then try the passenger window from the drivers side. I think the computer gets confused if you disconnect the window switches with the window half down and the turn ignition on as I did. hope this helps.
73TORANA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:49 AM   #206
FT86Z
Drift noob

Drives: 2015 BRZ Sport-Tech CWP 6MT
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpicer View Post
How long did it take to get here?? I'm tired of slow Chinesse mail service
Then pony up and get it in your country. People want a cheap alternative with free shipping and then complain if takes long to ship rofl.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:01 PM   #207
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT86Z View Post
Then pony up and get it in your country. People want a cheap alternative with free shipping and then complain if takes long to ship rofl.

Seriously dude, it took you 11 fucking years to reply to that comment? SMFH
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote