follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Led Daytime Running Lights to Fog Lights conversion?

Searched and really couldn't find anything definitive.

I will be picking up my FR-S this weekend but really don't care for the LED Daytime Running Light "strips" that the car is coming with from the factory.

They look like this:

It's a factory option not aftermarket, but again, don't particularly care for them. I prefer the car without them as I prefer the simple look and probably will end up putting fogs on the car eventually.

My question is this, will the harness that powers the LED DRL strips be able to work with the fog setup i.e. has anyone done that swap before (led drls to fogs)?

I'm probably going to have to end up picking out another FR-S, aren't I?
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Xanzent

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That's not a factory option. I'm surprised you're getting an FR-S that comes that way.

With that said, you should have no problem converting to fogs, and you can sell the lights when you replace the surround to boot. You'll likely find these LED lights are connected via an extra set of wires than can be completely removed. From there, you're working with a stock FR-S, which as we know from numerous examples can be easily converted to use fogs.
Xanzent is offline   Reply With Quote