follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Xbox One vs PS4
Xbox One 138 30.13%
PS4 283 61.79%
Undecided 56 12.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 458. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #99
Ryeong86

Drives: 2015 Sti Launch Edition
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
I didn't even know such thing existed.

Should I just keep on grinding to get a higher level? lol I also need help with crafting something since I screwed myself over by accidentally killing a blacksmith. Which in turn... bugged my entire game.
lol.... in the nexus, there is the storage guy and the othe older guy who is grumpy when you don't buy stuff. Here is the video on how to do it. I eventually did this when I wanted to make pvp characters. i would kill bosses for their souls and make 99 of their souls to get unlimited souls. I would also get infinite shards to upgrade etc etc. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9PazksTQBY"]Demon's Souls: Infinite Souls/Items Glitch in seconds - YouTube[/ame]

My ps3 gamer tag is Karas1723, if you want to add me.
\/Invidia N1 Titanium Tip Catback\/Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Front Lip\/Koni Sport Yellows\/Stivo Ducktail Lip Spoiler\/Porterfield Carbon Kevlar Front Pads\/TSW Nurburgrings 17x8 wrapped in 235/40/17 Nitto NT-05\/[/I]
Ryeong86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryeong86 For This Useful Post:
Giccin (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #100
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryeong86 View Post
lol.... in the nexus, there is the storage guy and the othe older guy who is grumpy when you don't buy stuff. Here is the video on how to do it. I eventually did this when I wanted to make pvp characters. i would kill bosses for their souls and make 99 of their souls to get unlimited souls. I would also get infinite shards to upgrade etc etc.

My ps3 gamer tag is Karas1723, if you want to add me.
That's called cheating! LOL I want to finish the game in a noncheap-o way! haha

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #101
Ryeong86

Garage
I have beaten the game multiple times with out using that. I use it when I make pvp characters and don't feel spending 50+ hours grinding for upgrades and soul levels.
\/Invidia N1 Titanium Tip Catback\/Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Front Lip\/Koni Sport Yellows\/Stivo Ducktail Lip Spoiler\/Porterfield Carbon Kevlar Front Pads\/TSW Nurburgrings 17x8 wrapped in 235/40/17 Nitto NT-05\/[/I]
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryeong86 For This Useful Post:
Giccin (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #102
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
This poll needs to have an option for PC. IMO next gen consoles just don't look impressive at all. Outdated tech, overpriced, and it seems they're focusing more on making it an infotainment system.

But idk I've always been a PC guy.

I'll probably pick up one of the consoles when the prices drop after a few years (used) but until then I'll be happy with my ps3 and soon to be his and her's gaming computers
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #103
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Garage
Here's my list of reasons why I hated the PS3. Some of them may be small, most are pretty petty, but all of them added up to an infuriating experience pretty much every time I played the console.

First, it cost a RIDICULOUS amount of money, then it didn't come with any HD cables out of the box. The system, the store, and pretty much every game seem to require a new update EVERY time I turn the turn it on and try to do anything. The built-in wireless card is beyond useless, because without running a hard line into the back, it takes 15-30 minutes to download (and install, mind you) every update. Even with a hard line it was still several minutes VS 360 updates that, other than massive system updates, will download and complete in a matter of seconds. Even the big ones were done in about 5 minutes. Not 35.

The controller is an uncomfortable, archaic design from nearly 20 years ago that has shown absolutely no leap in innovation or design. In traditional Japanese fashion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Except that games have long since moved away from D-pads to defaultly use analog sticks. The awkward positioning not only means you aren't pushing from a natural position, but up and down are no longer fluid motions (more like up/left to down/right). On top of that the stupid sticks are ROUNDED on the top. Meaning during any prolonged holding in a given direction (like say... movement?) your thumb will slip off and you will have to move it to get a better grip (or push from the side). The triggers are placed in horrible fashion (again, retrofitting a 20-year-old design), making games that emphasis triggers (racing/shooting) difficult to play comfortably without completely changing how you hold the controller (for me, extremely uncomfortably).

Then you have the way it connects to the PS3: Bluetooth. Which seems like a good idea, except that the system has absolutely no pickup for IR or RF. Meaning my $150 Logictech Harmony remote is absolutely worthless for use with the PS3, and to use anything other than a controller that turns itself off every 20 minutes and has obscure, limited commands, I had to buy the PS3 bluetooth dvd/bluray remote. So there goes my one-remote idea. Additionally, and maybe this might be in my head, maybe it's the games' programming, but it feels like the controller's input is somewhat laggy compared to traditional RF. Playing the same game back to back on my PS3 and 360, there's latency in the response, especially with quick movements. It may only be something small (20-60ms), but its enough to be bothersome with accuracy in many platform and shooting games (even worse when combined with dome-top analog sticks, which are in the wrong place). Finally on the controller, there is no replaceable battery and the only charging cable you get is an extremely short USB cable that only charges when the system is on. I can't even sit on the couch when charging the controller, I have to sit closer on the floor.

As for the system itself, aside from the fact that PS Store and various other things require their own individual updates that take forever, it's an interesting setup that has some good ideas. I'm not against the XMB design, but I was definitely miffed when they stole Achievements from XBOX. Not so much that they stole them, but they stole them like 2 years after launch. Most of the games I already owned were not supported by trophies. One that was (Uncharted 1) required I start a new game from a new save file to unlock any of them (was updated midway through playing the game).

Their store has absolutely no way to try any of their Arcade games without buying them. EVERY SINGLE 360 Live Arcade title may be downloaded and played for free (to some degree) before committing to buy.

At least at the time, downloading files in background was impossible, and then when that "feature" was added, files would not download while watching movie. As I found out two hours after trying to download a 1GB demo file and watching a movie to kill time (since PS3's download speed would give 1990's AOL a run for its money).

This is all coming from someone who grew up on original PlayStation. Then bought a PS2, then a Japanese PS2, and never owned an XBOX or Game Cube or Saturn (though do own a Dreamcast.... ). I have dozens and dozens of PS games and it was XBOX 360 that opened my eyes to what an amazing, comfortable, ergonomic controller could be. What a robust, reliable online service could be. What included features and hardware could be (HD cables, headset, etc).

Even just the other day, I wanted some radio streaming app for my Memorial Day BBQ party. Went to PS3 first (since it was hooked up) and my system was up to date, but I needed to download an update for the PS Store. 20 minutes later, I search for radio apps, find one, and start downloading. ETA went from 3 minutes, to 12 minutes, to 16 minutes, to "I'm canceling this and plugging in my 360." Downloaded and activated BOTH iHeartRatio and Slaker Radio within about 5 or 6 minutes, and that includes using one while the other was still downloading. Ran iHeartRadio for the rest of the day.

Sorry for the text wall!!

TL;DR version: PS3 had/has some great exclusives, but playing them is like pulling teeth to me. I hate the controller, the updates are wonky, wireless is useless, lots of little pet peevs. Sorry for the text wall. Been gaming nearly two decades and definitely have some opinions...

And I didn't even start to list the things I really love about 360.

I'm sure many things will be addressed, but in typical Japanese Corporation way, they will stick to what they know instead of trying to branch into something new. They even make fun of XBOX ONE (unofficially) for doing "too much" when I could turn around and say "what, and your system only plays games?" I'm not a teenager anymore. I love gaming, but I'm also a home owner, coming up on my 30s, and a living room full entertainment device is really enticing.

Cheers to all who love to game. :happy0180:

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfusionpm For This Useful Post:
M-17 (05-31-2013), Sonolin (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #104
Chimpo

Drives: '15 STi Ltd
All I know is I saw someone type "XBone" and now I can't see anything but "X-Bone"
Chimpo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chimpo For This Useful Post:
Ryeong86 (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #105
Sonolin
Banned

@cfusionpm I absolutely hate waiting an hour for an update every damn time I play a game. Without fail, seriously.

And then there's PSN updates, netflix updates, etc. It gets really annoying, especially when I have >10mbps internet and for some reason the PS3 seems to think I'm on dial up.

That's my main complaint about the ps3. If I buy a console in the future, it will for sure be one that updates very quickly and has decent wifi capabilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonolin For This Useful Post:
cfusionpm (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #106
Ryeong86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
Here's my list of reasons why I hated the PS3. Some of them may be small, most are pretty petty, but all of them added up to an infuriating experience pretty much every time I played the console.

First, it cost a RIDICULOUS amount of money, then it didn't come with any HD cables out of the box. The system, the store, and pretty much every game seem to require a new update EVERY time I turn the turn it on and try to do anything. The built-in wireless card is beyond useless, because without running a hard line into the back, it takes 15-30 minutes to download (and install, mind you) every update. Even with a hard line it was still several minutes VS 360 updates that, other than massive system updates, will download and complete in a matter of seconds. Even the big ones were done in about 5 minutes. Not 35.

The controller is an uncomfortable, archaic design from nearly 20 years ago that has shown absolutely no leap in innovation or design. In traditional Japanese fashion, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Except that games have long since moved away from D-pads to defaultly use analog sticks. The awkward positioning not only means you aren't pushing from a natural position, but up and down are no longer fluid motions (more like up/left to down/right). On top of that the stupid sticks are ROUNDED on the top. Meaning during any prolonged holding in a given direction (like say... movement?) your thumb will slip off and you will have to move it to get a better grip (or push from the side). The triggers are placed in horrible fashion (again, retrofitting a 20-year-old design), making games that emphasis triggers (racing/shooting) difficult to play comfortably without completely changing how you hold the controller (for me, extremely uncomfortably).

Then you have the way it connects to the PS3: Bluetooth. Which seems like a good idea, except that the system has absolutely no pickup for IR or RF. Meaning my $150 Logictech Harmony remote is absolutely worthless for use with the PS3, and to use anything other than a controller that turns itself off every 20 minutes and has obscure, limited commands, I had to buy the PS3 bluetooth dvd/bluray remote. So there goes my one-remote idea. Additionally, and maybe this might be in my head, maybe it's the games' programming, but it feels like the controller's input is somewhat laggy compared to traditional RF. Playing the same game back to back on my PS3 and 360, there's latency in the response, especially with quick movements. It may only be something small (20-60ms), but its enough to be bothersome with accuracy in many platform and shooting games (even worse when combined with dome-top analog sticks, which are in the wrong place). Finally on the controller, there is no replaceable battery and the only charging cable you get is an extremely short USB cable that only charges when the system is on. I can't even sit on the couch when charging the controller, I have to sit closer on the floor.

As for the system itself, aside from the fact that PS Store and various other things require their own individual updates that take forever, it's an interesting setup that has some good ideas. I'm not against the XMB design, but I was definitely miffed when they stole Achievements from XBOX. Not so much that they stole them, but they stole them like 2 years after launch. Most of the games I already owned were not supported by trophies. One that was (Uncharted 1) required I start a new game from a new save file to unlock any of them (was updated midway through playing the game).

Their store has absolutely no way to try any of their Arcade games without buying them. EVERY SINGLE 360 Live Arcade title may be downloaded and played for free (to some degree) before committing to buy.

At least at the time, downloading files in background was impossible, and then when that "feature" was added, files would not download while watching movie. As I found out two hours after trying to download a 1GB demo file and watching a movie to kill time (since PS3's download speed would give 1990's AOL a run for its money).

This is all coming from someone who grew up on original PlayStation. Then bought a PS2, then a Japanese PS2, and never owned an XBOX or Game Cube or Saturn (though do own a Dreamcast.... ). I have dozens and dozens of PS games and it was XBOX 360 that opened my eyes to what an amazing, comfortable, ergonomic controller could be. What a robust, reliable online service could be. What included features and hardware could be (HD cables, headset, etc).

Even just the other day, I wanted some radio streaming app for my Memorial Day BBQ party. Went to PS3 first (since it was hooked up) and my system was up to date, but I needed to download an update for the PS Store. 20 minutes later, I search for radio apps, find one, and start downloading. ETA went from 3 minutes, to 12 minutes, to 16 minutes, to "I'm canceling this and plugging in my 360." Downloaded and activated BOTH iHeartRatio and Slaker Radio within about 5 or 6 minutes, and that includes using one while the other was still downloading. Ran iHeartRadio for the rest of the day.

Sorry for the text wall!!

TL;DR version: PS3 had/has some great exclusives, but playing them is like pulling teeth to me. I hate the controller, the updates are wonky, wireless is useless, lots of little pet peevs. Sorry for the text wall. Been gaming nearly two decades and definitely have some opinions...

And I didn't even start to list the things I really love about 360.

I'm sure many things will be addressed, but in typical Japanese Corporation way, they will stick to what they know instead of trying to branch into something new. They even make fun of XBOX ONE (unofficially) for doing "too much" when I could turn around and say "what, and your system only plays games?" I'm not a teenager anymore. I love gaming, but I'm also a home owner, coming up on my 30s, and a living room full entertainment device is really enticing.

Cheers to all who love to game. :happy0180:
The controller charging cable was an easy fix for me... I just used that useless usb extender you get with the usb mouse. Since i can plug my mouse into my logitech g15 keyboard, there was no use for a long ass cable, so I used it for my PS3.

Every system has it's perks and faults... I can't argue with that. I have no problems with my PS3.. it downloads updates fast on my wireless network. If i wanted to stream music, I'd use my iphone and connect via bluetooth or plug it into some speakers... no biggie....

I don't think the Xbox 360 came with HD cables as well....Shouldn't be that Big of an issue since you can go to Five and Below and get a HDMI cable for $5...

The PS3 remote is $20 bucks or free if you have enough Game stop points.. but why waste the money when the controller works just fine with DVD's.... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use it with movies...

I am 31 years old and I find the PS3 just as entertaining and easy to use as the Xbox 360 but you don't have to pay to play online... I think I did that enough when I played World of Warcraft for 5 years.

It seems like the simple things piss you off... I was more upset when PS3 network got hacked and was down and couldn't play online for over a month and also the fact your information may have been compromised.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #107
Ryeong86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin View Post
@cfusionpm I absolutely hate waiting an hour for an update every damn time I play a game. Without fail, seriously.

And then there's PSN updates, netflix updates, etc. It gets really annoying, especially when I have >10mbps internet and for some reason the PS3 seems to think I'm on dial up.

That's my main complaint about the ps3. If I buy a console in the future, it will for sure be one that updates very quickly and has decent wifi capabilities.
hmmm.. I had no problem... I updated my Dark souls from the first patch since I had to delete everything because of corrupted game saves..... probably over 50mb of dling in 5 minutes >_>
Old 05-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #108
Sonolin
Banned

Quote:
hmmm.. I had no problem... I updated my Dark souls from the first patch since I had to delete everything because of corrupted game saves..... probably over 50mb of dling in 5 minutes >_>
Yea that's the problem I have... 50mb of download in 5 minutes seems about right. But when I have a 10mbps download I expect that 50mb to download in less than a minute.

It just sucks every time I start up gran turismo, I have to wait 10-30 minutes to play a game. I don't play the ps3 a lot and my time is pretty limited but when I do I just want to *play*.

Only real problem I have with the system though
cfusionpm (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #109
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
*puts on flame-retardant suit*

I think I'll go with the Wii-U

-Free Online
-No extra "Fees" for updates
-no creepy camera watching me constantly/microphone on when I am in the room.
HunterGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #110
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Xbox one, bottom line Forza 5 requires a new system but GT6 will be on PS3, so yeah, why bother with a PS4 when GT6 would be the only game I play on it?
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #111
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
The controller charging cable was an easy fix for me... I just used that useless usb extender you get with the usb mouse. Since i can plug my mouse into my logitech g15 keyboard, there was no use for a long ass cable, so I used it for my PS3.

Every system has it's perks and faults... I can't argue with that. I have no problems with my PS3.. it downloads updates fast on my wireless network. If i wanted to stream music, I'd use my iphone and connect via bluetooth or plug it into some speakers... no biggie....

I don't think the Xbox 360 came with HD cables as well....Shouldn't be that Big of an issue since you can go to Five and Below and get a HDMI cable for $5...

The PS3 remote is $20 bucks or free if you have enough Game stop points.. but why waste the money when the controller works just fine with DVD's.... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to use it with movies...

I am 31 years old and I find the PS3 just as entertaining and easy to use as the Xbox 360 but you don't have to pay to play online... I think I did that enough when I played World of Warcraft for 5 years.

It seems like the simple things piss you off... I was more upset when PS3 network got hacked and was down and couldn't play online for over a month and also the fact your information may have been compromised.
The Core 360s (base models, $199) did not come with hard drives or HD cables. All others came with hard drive and component cables. After the switch to the second gen 360, I believe all came bundled with HDMI. My PS3 came bundled with good ol RCA red white and yellow. Kinda sucked considering the system cost upwards of $150 more than comparable 360 and didn't come with HD cables or headset mic.

Little fees here there, have to buy this buy that. I shouldn't have to buy things to make up for a company's shortcomings in design.

I have 30mbps internet and everything is lightning fast on either my 360 or my PC in terms of download speeds. I'll chalk that one up to PS3's unbelievably awful wireless card. Maybe its better in later iterations? It's better with a hard line plugged into the back, but its hardly an ideal solution. And a hard line is still slower than 360's wireless.

Owning both, of course the little things piss me off. Why put up with annoyance after annoyance when I get just get everything I need elsewhere? The only thing I've even really used my PS3 for is a blueray player. That and a few exclusive titles (Uncharted is amazing, despite laggy controls and stealing gameplay from Tomb Raider). Plus, more than half the games I own don't even support trophies. Been a PS fanboy since the late 90s. Defended them through and through. But they dropped the ball BIG on PS3, in so many ways. They have a very different philosophy of doing things that leaves me scratching my head more often than not. I'm really excited for the full entertainment experience XBO should provide. Whereas PS4 seems like (as the name suggests) another mindless iteration of hardware without really bringing anything to the table.

Also Gran Turismo used to be Sony's bread and butter. The pinnacle of racing games. GT5 was a horrendous disappointment; a game that feels like it should have been released 10 years ago. A game that suffers from the same flaws and criticisms that GT3 and GT4 faced over a decade ago (and even some new ones like the premium vs standard cars). Forza has been a fantastic title that I've put countless hours into, perhaps even more than I put into GT4 (which my save file is sitting at 97.1%). Plus all the cross platform games, especially the masterful titles from Codemasters all play significantly better on 360.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #112
Sonolin
Banned

Just a little advice @cfusionpm - next time you need an hdmi cable (or any cable really) try newegg.com last time I had to buy some they cost me ~$3 each.

Just letting you know since you seem to be getting your hdmi cables with gold plated from best buy or something, I know they charge upwards of $20 for a stupid cable...
Ryeong86 (06-03-2013)