follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #1415
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brybot View Post
Hey guys, wanted to throw my situation out there and see if anyone knows any local options that can help me.

I installed the Sprintex 210 SC on my car last week, along with the Moto East Flex Fuel kit and 3" Perrin Big MAF CAI. The car was tuned with Moto East and I installed the ECUTek tune before starting it the 4 or 5 times last week. I also did a Perrin lightweight crank pulley, which I had problems with aligning correctly. Each time I started the car with the perrin pulley on, it had a decent wobble to it, even though I did align the pin. The car was extremely close to empty at that point. I left town for Christmas and there the car sat.

Got back last night, installed the stock crank pulley, and everything seemed to align properly, but the car wouldn't start. It cranks but does not turn over. I thought this was because it was out of fuel, so I put some E85 in it. I made sure the fuel pump primed a few times, power to the fuel pump was reconnected, and the fuel gauge was showing half a tank or so. Car still won't start. Disconnected the fuel lines right behind the injectors, both had some E85 in it. Still no start. Moto East saying it can't be the tune. I tend to agree with them.

Sent to a local shop hoping for them to check the fuel filter and injectors; they won't work on it. Said to send it to Jotech in Garland. Jotech (even though they're listed as an 86 ECUTek tuner on ECUTek's site) won't work on it, so it's being sent to PRT Performance in Lewisville right now.

If PRT can't help me, I truly don't know what to do aside from removing the flex fuel kit, trying again, then removing the blower, and trying again. After that it'd go to the dealer (Sewell).

Anyone have any ideas?
No code or anything? Have you messed with the MAP sensor at all?
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
brybot (12-27-2016)
Old 12-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #1416
brybot

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
No code or anything? Have you messed with the MAP sensor at all?
No codes aside from the ghost A/C code since the car wasn't running. I moved the MAP sensor to the blower and tightened it down a bit, but that's it.
brybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #1417
Bramick

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited M/T
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone have local source for a passenger side white BRZ fender?
@Guff did you get your stuff straightened out?
Old 01-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #1418
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is there any heavy snow in North Dallas?

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #1419
86TX

Drives: 2016 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonBLUE View Post

not that i can see no, its just cold, its not even wet here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #1420
86TX

Drives: 2016 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonBLUE View Post

i stand corrected, it is now snowing.

86TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #1421
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TX View Post
i stand corrected, it is now snowing.

I'm off work early, been out drifting since 1

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:10 PM   #1422
brybot

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brybot View Post
Hey guys, wanted to throw my situation out there and see if anyone knows any local options that can help me.

I installed the Sprintex 210 SC on my car last week, along with the Moto East Flex Fuel kit and 3" Perrin Big MAF CAI. The car was tuned with Moto East and I installed the ECUTek tune before starting it the 4 or 5 times last week. I also did a Perrin lightweight crank pulley, which I had problems with aligning correctly. Each time I started the car with the perrin pulley on, it had a decent wobble to it, even though I did align the pin. The car was extremely close to empty at that point. I left town for Christmas and there the car sat.

Got back last night, installed the stock crank pulley, and everything seemed to align properly, but the car wouldn't start. It cranks but does not turn over. I thought this was because it was out of fuel, so I put some E85 in it. I made sure the fuel pump primed a few times, power to the fuel pump was reconnected, and the fuel gauge was showing half a tank or so. Car still won't start. Disconnected the fuel lines right behind the injectors, both had some E85 in it. Still no start. Moto East saying it can't be the tune. I tend to agree with them.

Sent to a local shop hoping for them to check the fuel filter and injectors; they won't work on it. Said to send it to Jotech in Garland. Jotech (even though they're listed as an 86 ECUTek tuner on ECUTek's site) won't work on it, so it's being sent to PRT Performance in Lewisville right now.

If PRT can't help me, I truly don't know what to do aside from removing the flex fuel kit, trying again, then removing the blower, and trying again. After that it'd go to the dealer (Sewell).

Anyone have any ideas?
Update: As humiliating as it is to explain what's happened, I figure everyone else can benefit from this. This is rough but I'll try to be brief.

Pretty much, when I installed the crank pulley, the balancer piece the pulley rides on came out a little, so when I torqued it all back down (the second time), it broke a tooth off of the RHS drive chain sprocket. Wellp, timings off now, so when I tried to start it, pistons hit valves hit everything else on the "top" ends. 6 of 8 valves bent, rocker arms shifted and broke, head damaged, pistons were okay but at that point it doesn't matter, obviously. Steve at PRT (who has been fantastic and patient and busy throughout all this) talked me through what it would take to rebuild that engine, so I decided to replace it. Should be approximately the same cost in far less time. I'm not at a point where I can spend the extra on top of that to properly build the engine (read: married and back in school).

Should be able to get the car back later this week. This has put an enormous damper on it but it will be nice to have it back.

PSA: aftermarket pulleys are fine I guess, but y'all know what risk you run if you make a mistake. I have trouble believing anything they actually do is anywhere near worth that risk. I've been without the car for ~6 weeks and it should be somewhere north of $5k once it's all said and done.

brybot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brybot For This Useful Post:
zeal86 (02-05-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 06:20 AM   #1423
malubawla
poor man's evora

Drives: Turbod BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
anybody in the dfw area boosted and placed clamps on the evap lines under the intake manifold? could use their personal opinion on the easiest way to do it
Old 03-02-2017, 06:41 AM   #1424
Joeprelude

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2002 WRX Wagon
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by malubawla View Post
anybody in the dfw area boosted and placed clamps on the evap lines under the intake manifold? could use their personal opinion on the easiest way to do it
There isnt....it is a pain in the ass

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joeprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #1425
c4lvinnn

Drives: Toyobaruion
Anyone have a Firestorm (C7P) rear bumper (diffuser/valance not needed) for sale in DFW area?
c4lvinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:10 PM   #1426
rokius

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S
Anyone in DFW willing to help me install Series 10 headlights into my base FRS? I'll be getting the headlights soon and I'm not too comfortable with electrical wiring (8pin vs 6pin). Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
rokius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #1427
malubawla
poor man's evora

Drives: Turbod BRZ
Free for a frs/brz: Located in Carrollton 75010
half quart redline mt90
half quart redline 75w-90

Just used yesterday when switching fluids. Saves you from having to buy 2 extra quarts in order to change your tranny and diff fluid. Diff would take one more quart of 75w-90, tranny would take 2x quarts of mt-90
Old 06-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #1428
Wankel Rex

Drives: Silver Premium Edition BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Anyone want to buy a set of 2013 OEM wheels with almost new tires? I sold my BRZ back in October and these are just taking up space.

I'm just north of downtown Fort Worth.
Wankel Rex is offline   Reply With Quote