follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 05-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #1121
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiakai View Post
Not blaming Rich or anything, he's been great so far. A bit difficult to get in touch with but he's great. It just REALLY sucks what happened.
yeah i understand again sorry to hear that man...playing the waiting game isn't fun...
Old 05-19-2012, 03:12 AM   #1122
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
i haven't gotten a call from him since they released the price.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #1123
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
i haven't gotten a call from him since they released the price.
Have you tried calling him? Because the only time I really got a call from him out of the blue was when he asked me what options I wanted on the car - other times were just call backs after I called him.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #1124
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Have you tried calling him? Because the only time I really got a call from him out of the blue was when he asked me what options I wanted on the car - other times were just call backs after I called him.
Well he was the one who called me when he had something new on the car. But ill call him soon.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #1125
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Guess that gives me plenty of time to save

Just washed my dinosaur today, and it looks awesome. But now I'm double-thinking of my choice for SWP cuz overtime, the speckles turn orange, or dirt gets ingrained, etc.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #1126
jai

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Rich just gave me a call to give me an update. It turns out I was bumped way down to #15 (WTF???). And since they're building the cars batch by batch, and I apparently ordered one of the rarer orders (red), I'm still wait listed. He said I might get the car sometime June, but he can't say for sure yet. Said he'd give me a call in about 2 weeks when he hopefully will know more.

Wow, sorry to hear that as well. That pretty much goes against how they said they were going to fill orders, but I guess that makes more sense from a manufacturing standpoint? That preorder database topic did show red being the least common color.
I'm not sure what's involved in changing the colors that they're using at the factory when they build them, I just assumed they had paint nozzles that spray on the colors, so they could just swap the tanks or whatever they're using as they go along. Does that mean there are no red BRZ's out right now?

Did he seem sure that 15 of the orders will be fulfilled in June? If they're getting 35 between May and November, getting 15 by the end of June seems a bit optimistic.
Hope you get yours sooner rather than later though
jai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1127
Gaiakai

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jai View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that as well. That pretty much goes against how they said they were going to fill orders, but I guess that makes more sense from a manufacturing standpoint? That preorder database topic did show red being the least common color.
I'm not sure what's involved in changing the colors that they're using at the factory when they build them, I just assumed they had paint nozzles that spray on the colors, so they could just swap the tanks or whatever they're using as they go along. Does that mean there are no red BRZ's out right now?

Did he seem sure that 15 of the orders will be fulfilled in June? If they're getting 35 between May and November, getting 15 by the end of June seems a bit optimistic.
He actually did not sound like he was sure of much, other than them were getting 5 BRZs by the end of this month (all sold to our GB of course).

From what I understand, they're going off of SOA's list where I'm at #15. He said I was ahead of the other Lightning Red Limited orders, and it sounded like Subaru is producing a crapload of Limited trims first.

So it's probably something like first batch of most popular colors first in Limited trim, then least popular colors in Limited, then most popular colors in Premium, then least popular colors in Premium.

Also, he said I was #15 INCLUDING the 5 that they were getting by the end of May, so technically when June rolls around I should be at #10. But that would also mean they would have to get 9 cars before I get mine, so unless they have a huge batch coming in June I doubt I'll get it next month.

If they really are getting 35 until November though, sounds like they'll be getting 5 per month. All this is just speculation from what I could understand though, so I'm still waiting to hear from Rich in 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai View Post
Hope you get yours sooner rather than later though
Thanks, I hope everything works out better for you and everyone else too.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #1128
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
He actually did not sound like he was sure of much, other than them were getting 5 BRZs by the end of this month (all sold to our GB of course).

From what I understand, they're going off of SOA's list where I'm at #15. He said I was ahead of the other Lightning Red Limited orders, and it sounded like Subaru is producing a crapload of Limited trims first.

So it's probably something like first batch of most popular colors first in Limited trim, then least popular colors in Limited, then most popular colors in Premium, then least popular colors in Premium.

Also, he said I was #15 INCLUDING the 5 that they were getting by the end of May, so technically when June rolls around I should be at #10. But that would also mean they would have to get 9 cars before I get mine, so unless they have a huge batch coming in June I doubt I'll get it next month.

If they really are getting 35 until November though, sounds like they'll be getting 5 per month. All this is just speculation from what I could understand though, so I'm still waiting to hear from Rich in 2 weeks.

Thanks, I hope everything works out better for you and everyone else too.
LOL. Reading this is confusing. Hope yours comes soon though
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1129
Gaiakai

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie11 View Post
LOL. Reading this is confusing. Hope yours comes soon though
LOL ikr. Shows you how confused I am
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaiakai For This Useful Post:
dookie11 (05-19-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #1130
illmatic

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT, 02 AW, 03PSM WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Any updates, especially on the quote below? Desi isn't responding to my emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86design View Post
okay guys so I didn't get to see dustin or Rich today...I think they just barely left...got there pretty late due to my work called me in :/ anyways..

I talked to this nice young girl there that runs the sales floor and she told me there getting 3 BRZ that same day on 05/29! she said "shhh just between you and I, they might be in next week" soooo of course I laughed like a little girl cause I was excited to hear that hehe lol

so for sure Mine and illmatic car's are coming in the same time...but also a SWP Limited M/T so I don't know who's that is...but a few of you on there list has that same model...

so there you go guys...hope I helped out a little...also for that person getting SWP Limited M/T you should be getting a call tomorrow with a VIN
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #1131
wu_dot_com

Drives: accord
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
OMG OMG OMG...

just called Rich from Irvine. he said my car is due on June 4.... so the white one limted is mine.....

SOA didnt have my vin number though weird.
wu_dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #1132
Sev
Desert Nomad

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just called Rich. He said they were expecting 3 at the beginning of June but just today more were put into the system and now he's expecting to have 11 come in in the beginning of June. Unfortunately, mine wasn't among them =/

Said they had a premium (didn't ask what color) that someone backed out of but I'm holding out for a limited.

He said he was told that he'd get 35 by November but that they are building them faster than he expected and going by how many he's got / getting next month, he doesn't think it will be as long as November before he gets them all. He didn't know anything definitive on that though and only knows when more are coming when they show up in his system (until today he thought he was getting 3 in a few weeks and now it's 11).

Fortunately, I'm patient but hearing celebrations of other people getting their BRZ is starting to wear on my patience. =/
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #1133
r4m3n

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Got a call from Rich that my car will be here on the 29th...on my birthday!
r4m3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 AM   #1134
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
called Rich but got to talk to Dustin due to Rich just left the building...He was saying if there is any update on the trucks delivery that he would contact us asap!! so still no early delivery I want my BRZ already lol

Tags
brz, california, group buy, socal, southern