follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #183
TRD_07

Drives: Firestorm 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Congrats Cwik! Would you happen to know how your mpgs are? I think someone said Peckingducks FRS was getting something like 39 @ 70 and 28.5 @ 80-90. Not sure if this is accurate.
TRD_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #184
cwik

Drives: 1st NA BRZ, 2007 GSX-R 600
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_07 View Post
Congrats Cwik! Would you happen to know how your mpgs are? I think someone said Peckingducks FRS was getting something like 39 @ 70 and 28.5 @ 80-90. Not sure if this is accurate.
I actually haven't been paying any attention to MPG even though the in-dash menu shows it. I've heard it can take a while for the MPG to really settle (I think the dealership said up to 1000 miles if I recall correctly). I haven't had to fill up the gas tank yet, but each time I do, I plan to write down how many miles I went and how many gallons it took to fill up to see how my mileage stacks up.

One of the main reasons I'm not paying attention to MPG at the moment is the way I'm driving it. To break the engine in, my driving style is all over the place (some spirited driving, some slow and long accelerations through the first 5 gears, random gearing on the short highway trips I have to do, etc.). I feel like focusing on MPG during break in may not be the best idea, but I don't want to take this thread down a spiral of how to break an engine in :P.
cwik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwik For This Useful Post:
TRD_07 (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #185
Subie
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Can you confirm that the rear seat folds as one piece in a production BRZ? The Subaru website still says it's a 65/35 split, which seems unlikely.
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #186
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
Can you confirm that the rear seat folds as one piece in a production BRZ? The Subaru website still says it's a 65/35 split, which seems unlikely.

Yes, this^^

I've heard them mention this..but i've never seen a picture of it being 2 sections.

Past to Present
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #187
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwik View Post
The passenger side's visibility is wonderful, but I'm having a bit of issues on the driver's side. The way I have my seat set up, I really have no view of the back side window with the B pillar in the way. I'm still waffling between leaning forward a lot and looking behind, or moving my head to get more visibility with the mirror. It's not as bad as my brother's S2000 (from what I recall), but it's not very natural for me... at least not yet.
Yup. I felt that same way when I was fondling the BRZ that one time. Might as well remove the back windows altogether if the B and C pillars are going to be that large. Or, Toyota and Subaru should just give me a permit to run over old grammas and kids.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #188
cwik

Drives: 1st NA BRZ, 2007 GSX-R 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyankeefan View Post
Very well-written English and great review. The 1-2 upshift of 370Z is terrible. I must agree with you that it's among the worst. I'm very interested in test-driving this car whenever my local dealer actually get one. Anyway, congrats!!
Although the rev-matching is a lot of fun to play with! Not as rewarding as proper heel and toe, but amazing none the less.
cwik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwik For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #189
crazyyankeefan

Drives: 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwik View Post
Although the rev-matching is a lot of fun to play with! Not as rewarding as proper heel and toe, but amazing none the less.
Haha...I'm kinda OK at heel-and-toe, but just my personal opinion and experience, I can never match the rev as precisely as the computer.
crazyyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #190
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Quote:
Haha...I'm kinda OK at heel-and-toe, but just my personal opinion and experience, I can never match the rev as precisely as the computer.
Pedal spacing is everything. In my sti i was speed racer. In my wrx the gas is too deep to the brake, so i cant heel toe unless in very Hard into the brakes. You sort of have to modify your technique to each vehicle. Some you just cant do it on

Past to Present
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #191
crazyyankeefan

Drives: 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
Pedal spacing is everything. In my sti i was speed racer. In my wrx the gas is too deep to the brake, so i cant heel toe unless in very Hard into the brakes. You sort of have to modify your technique to each vehicle. Some you just cant do it on
Technology is bliss. I think it's wonderful to have the computer do it for you!
crazyyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #192
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Quote:
Technology is bliss. I think it's wonderful to have the computer do it for you!
The auto blipping manual in the Z is sick tech, i wont deny: p

But its gratifying in its own right to be one with the car ,pulling off perfect heel toe shifts, and knowing its ALL you ;D

Past to Present

Tags
brz forum, brz forums, subaru brz forum, subaru brz forums