follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #1317
Eski

Drives: '15 Brz Series Blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
whats the point of iron banner? i could google it but this seems more fun.
Eski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #1318
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
More than half the time I end up with a group of stoners who, for some reason, need to announce every few minutes that they are either high, going to get high, how they can't wait to get high, or bubbly noises in the mic.

I've ran with a few good teams for sure but it's just a pain in the ass process to get one in my experience.
The good teams were usually Brits or Aussies.
Any American playing at the time I do probably doesn't have a job.
I have been lurking on this thread for a while thinking there was no point joining in, as an Aussie we would be on at different times. But hey if you are playing with other Aussies why not.

PS4
lvl 30 Titan
turdinator22

I am recently single so I am online a fair bit. I have only done VoG once but am keen to do it more and i haven't tried the new raid yet but keen to as well.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:01 AM   #1319
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdinator View Post
I have been lurking on this thread for a while thinking there was no point joining in, as an Aussie we would be on at different times. But hey if you are playing with other Aussies why not.

PS4
lvl 30 Titan
turdinator22

I am recently single so I am online a fair bit. I have only done VoG once but am keen to do it more and i haven't tried the new raid yet but keen to as well.
Cool, I'll add you when I get home.
Not sure what your schedule is like, but I'm on literally all night on Tuesdays, which is your Wednesday evening/late night I think.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #1320
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
much hate This game hates me lol. Did all the nightfalls yesterday and got pure junk(strange coins, then a legendary engram that turned into energy, and then you won't believe it, MORE strange coins). I really don't want to take my ps4 with me on vacation but damn does this game keep making me want to at least check something every week, even though it continuously gives me the middle finger. I can do VOG friday if you'd like, you should add orpheus as a friend he plays a lot and seems like good peoples.
Man, you're an anomaly... is this happening with all your characters? I was gonna say if you have any open slots, level up an alt and switch over your gear. A lot of people get paranoid that one character might have corrupt data on the server or somethign that prevents them from getting good drops. I think it's pure paranoia and hearsay, but who knows.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #1321
wheelhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski View Post
whats the point of iron banner? i could google it but this seems more fun.
Well, its a way to earn some good gear from PvP, and levels matter to a degree. Standard Crucible levels everything out, so it doesn't matter what gear you use. But IB usually ends up being high level players that are all relatively close anyways.

If IB had more gear and weapons variety, or other cool trinkets, it would be worth it. Otherwise the gear is roughly the same as what you can buy from the store. If it was raid level gear, then it might make sense to grind to the really high levels. The problem is that IB stuff is REALLY glimmer-expensive, so combined with Xur's new exotic upgrades at 7k+ glimmer each, it's hard to justify grinding for IB gear unless there's one item you need to hit 31, or you really want one of the guns.
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
f0rge (12-18-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #1322
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Man, you're an anomaly... is this happening with all your characters? I was gonna say if you have any open slots, level up an alt and switch over your gear. A lot of people get paranoid that one character might have corrupt data on the server or somethign that prevents them from getting good drops. I think it's pure paranoia and hearsay, but who knows.
I'm in the same boat. I have never got an Icebreaker or just about about any other Exoitic for that matter. In fact, the Exotics I have were either purchased through Xur or Bounties I completed. I pretty much don't even care anymore about Exotics. What I do care about is the Raid armor, but once again I only got the boots from doing VoG multiple times (though I only technically did it from start to finish twice). Hopefully, the new Raid will be more generous. I got boots on my first try so it's looking promising so far.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #1323
Eski

Drives: '15 Brz Series Blue
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Well, its a way to earn some good gear from PvP, and levels matter to a degree. Standard Crucible levels everything out, so it doesn't matter what gear you use. But IB usually ends up being high level players that are all relatively close anyways.

If IB had more gear and weapons variety, or other cool trinkets, it would be worth it. Otherwise the gear is roughly the same as what you can buy from the store. If it was raid level gear, then it might make sense to grind to the really high levels. The problem is that IB stuff is REALLY glimmer-expensive, so combined with Xur's new exotic upgrades at 7k+ glimmer each, it's hard to justify grinding for IB gear unless there's one item you need to hit 31, or you really want one of the guns.

thanks lol no sooner had i posted this did i log in game and find the IB npc up past the bounties. seems IB isnt very important...i will probably stay focussed on my crucible and vanguard ranks first.
Eski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #1324
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have never got an Icebreaker or just about about any other Exoitic for that matter. In fact, the Exotics I have were either purchased through Xur or Bounties I completed. I pretty much don't even care anymore about Exotics. What I do care about is the Raid armor, but once again I only got the boots from doing VoG multiple times (though I only technically did it from start to finish twice). Hopefully, the new Raid will be more generous. I got boots on my first try so it's looking promising so far.
The last 5 nightfalls I've done I've gotten 3 exotics and 2 legendary guns. I've never gotten just coins of shards for doing a nightfall. Always at least a legendary gun.

That being said, I've just jinxed myself forever.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #1325
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Does Saladin ever offer more than 2 guns at higher rep? I know there's several including a hand cannon I really want but last IB we had to rely on a random drop. I was rank 4 last time and I don't remember him selling more guns.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #1326
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I had the worst IB game ever last night.. I just could not get into the groove at all.. Ended up with 1 kill and a 0.07 KD lol

Oh yeah.. that guy that duo'd Vault of Glass with a buddy? He just solo'd Crota's End too:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMUBPo8cwo4"]Casually One Manning Crota's End - YouTube[/ame]
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
wheelhaus (12-18-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #1327
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
The last 5 nightfalls I've done I've gotten 3 exotics and 2 legendary guns. I've never gotten just coins of shards for doing a nightfall. Always at least a legendary gun.

That being said, I've just jinxed myself forever.
I've gotten one, yes one, weapon drop from a Nightfall; a legendary fusion rifle I never used.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #1328
wheelhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
I had the worst IB game ever last night.. I just could not get into the groove at all.. Ended up with 1 kill and a 0.07 KD lol

Oh yeah.. that guy that duo'd Vault of Glass with a buddy? He just solo'd Crota's End too:

I just watched that video a bit ago and sweet jesus he makes it look so easy... Some of those enemies he takes down SO quickly. The fatebringer seems to be his key to success. Having a hand cannon that hits like a truck and can pop thralls in groups is a real boon. I'm especially impressed that he doesn't cheese anything, except the swordbearer/ogres a few times by using the entry hallway. At least with the ogres it makes sense, they can't fit through the door, but the swordbearer just rubberbands backward.

It's pretty well known that enemy strength scales with the size of your fireteam, and I bet the raid is the same... GOD that makes me want to try solo SO BAD. I love the punishment, it akes victory taste so, so sweet. Dark Souls has conditioned me to expect the impossible, lol.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #1329
wheelhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Does Saladin ever offer more than 2 guns at higher rep? I know there's several including a hand cannon I really want but last IB we had to rely on a random drop. I was rank 4 last time and I don't remember him selling more guns.
Of all the IB's I've seen, its always been boots, gloves, a couple guns, and of course shaders, emblems, and pretty things.

I didn't even think about IB specific drops... THAT Would make it worth playing.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #1330
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I just watched that video a bit ago and sweet jesus he makes it look so easy... Some of those enemies he takes down SO quickly. The fatebringer seems to be his key to success. Having a hand cannon that hits like a truck and can pop thralls in groups is a real boon. I'm especially impressed that he doesn't cheese anything, except the swordbearer/ogres a few times by using the entry hallway. At least with the ogres it makes sense, they can't fit through the door, but the swordbearer just rubberbands backward.

It's pretty well known that enemy strength scales with the size of your fireteam, and I bet the raid is the same... GOD that makes me want to try solo SO BAD. I love the punishment, it akes victory taste so, so sweet. Dark Souls has conditioned me to expect the impossible, lol.
I'm gonna have to try it.
I have a checkpoint after the bridge, just got to solo that first