follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
jtz54

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nav upgrade works except....

Bought a PT296-47140 Harmon upgrade unit from eBay. Everything works including Entune after I found out that the 3.0 app suite doesn't like this unit so I'm only using the original Entune app from the play store.

My problem is the USB and Aux port that worked fine before I added the unit is now grayed out and I can't access my USB stick.

After the upgrade I noticed there are a few menu changes which I'm assuming came from the Nav upgrade. I checked the cable and it is plugged into the unit. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jtz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #2
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtz54 View Post
Bought a PT296-47140 Harmon upgrade unit from eBay. Everything works including Entune after I found out that the 3.0 app suite doesn't like this unit so I'm only using the original Entune app from the play store.

My problem is the USB and Aux port that worked fine before I added the unit is now grayed out and I can't access my USB stick.

After the upgrade I noticed there are a few menu changes which I'm assuming came from the Nav upgrade. I checked the cable and it is plugged into the unit. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are you sure its plugged into the entune module? Common error is plugging it into the actual head unit...

Also there is an entune software update that can be flashed using the USB port once you get it working, which I highly recommend doing.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
jtz54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Are you sure its plugged into the entune module? Common error is plugging it into the actual head unit...

Also there is an entune software update that can be flashed using the USB port once you get it working, which I highly recommend doing.

Where can I download updates for this?

Duh! Guess I didn't notice the duplicate USB port on the NAV unit. Swapped the cable and now works fine. Attached the pic for others who may make the same mistake.

Thanks for the info!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtz54 View Post
Where can I download updates for this?

Thanks for the info!!!

You're going to have to do some google fu, because where I downloaded it from no longer has it:

https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/downloads

Fixes some freezing issues and overall performance.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
jtz54

Found a download site from Toyota but they don't list anything for a 2015 Scion or 86. There was an available Entune update for a 2018 Camry but don't want to try and do an upgrade and screw things up. Not sure if the unit will verify the file for compatibility before it tries.
Attached Images