follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2021, 05:55 PM   #1
Swolzee

Drives: Honda Insight
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LF: Interior Fabric Wrapping DIY

I'm looking for information on interior panel wrapping alcantara and such. I'm firmly committed to wrapping my entire interior myself and would love any information on the topics I could get beforehand.

I have several automotive suede swatches on the way and will be compiling colored wax thread for stitching.

I have a neighbor that does upholstery from her home for a living and if things go well I hope to be able to have multiple interior patterns which I will do a write-up on unless it's already been done and in that case I would love to contribute and gather their information.
Swolzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:10 PM   #2
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sound interesting. I plan to do a little alcantara wrapping of the hard plastic on my interior. My plan is to source the material from these folks. https://relicate.com/

I'm looking forward to following your project.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #3
Swolzee

Drives: Honda Insight
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here's a few images of my third brake light delete and rear window deck panel wrap with suede.

Once I got the brake light out and before I wrapped it I cut thin pieces of cardboard to size glued them in with gorilla glue and coated the front and back to work as an epoxy of sorts. Then I wrapped it in suede.

My next step maybe to fill in the child seat anchor image with body filler and paint over it. I'm not sure if it's going to bother me enough to go through that process or not we'll see.

Last edited by Swolzee; 05-28-2021 at 01:07 PM.
Swolzee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swolzee For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (05-28-2021)