follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
ogrowup

Drives: Asphalt build in progress
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TH Motorsports

Long story short- they cannot be trusted. They refuse to issue a credit due to me for $2798. Claim it was issued, never happened. Filed a dispute with CC company, and I filed a claim with Attorney general's office in IL.

There are a lot of people that sell parts, look elsewhere
ogrowup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Any chance you want to give us more details like what you ordered for $2,798 and what happened that resulting in you asking for a credit?
Old 01-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #3
Pickleahoy

Drives: 10 Series #1617
Or if parts were delivered to you and you shipped them back... or if it was a backordered item you waited on for a long time...

Years ago I bought the last Greddy Ti exhaust they had for an NA Miata and they gave me an awesome price and no issues so I'm surprised
Pickleahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
ogrowup

sure- didn't want a long harangue, but here is the condensed version.

Ptuning is building my car. I saw a special for a Wilwood big brake kit from TH Motorsports on Black friday. On a wild hair, I ordered them. On Monday I called Ptuning and they said i couldn't use those brakes unless I was willing to use a spacer on my front wheels, which is not desirable. TH Motorsports said it would take two weeks to ship, so three days after i ordered, i called to cancel the order, no harm, no foul. No one answered the cust svs line. Have you ever listened to a phone ring for 35 min?
I sent an email canceling the order. No response. I called again. 30 min on hold. Sent another email. Called again. Called the sales desk and they shunted me off to cust svs, and no one picked up again.

A week later I got an email saying wheels had shipped! Shit! I emailed and said WTF,I've been trying to cancel the order. They did return that email saying "since the order has been shipped it cannot be canceled", and they did not respond to further emails.

When they were delivered by UPS, I refused delivery. ( very important, if something is shipped to you and you don't want it , you can refuse delivery, and not have to pay the return shipping costs. Also, in a dispute you are in a stronger position if you do not have them in your possession)

I tracked the package and they took delivery Dec 12. On Dec 19 they said i would get a credit.

Never happened. My credit card company confirmed no credit occurred. I called and demanded to talk to a cust svs manager. He got on the phone, finally, and said, yeah you got your credit. I said no I didn't. He said " I don't know what to tell you."

" I don't know what to tell you." I said i believe in rewarding good behavior and punishing bad behavior. This was really bad behavior and he will be punished.

The credit card company is solidly backing me, I have proof of delivery at their end, and the numerous emails trying to cancel. Dead to rights.

Vendors like this need to lose their merchant accounts. This sort of thing happens a lot, albeit not with such large numbers. Many vendors do not issue credits and hope you forget. $27, I might forget. $2798, NFW.

I always give the benefit of the doubt. This many attempts to cancel and they ship anyway, and tell me it can't be canceled, that's a different story. I hope they lose their merchant account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ogrowup For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (01-13-2015), sato (01-14-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Wow, this sounds really bad. Would love to hear what the vendor has to say.

If you placed the order online, and all you said is true, you might want to file complaints here as well (the cc company should take care of it, but why not send a message):

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

http://www.bbb.org/
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
sato (01-14-2015)
Old 01-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
ogrowup

I have better things to do than make up this kind of story. I have more than three hours of time wasted dealing with this. I should send them a bill for my time.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:09 PM   #7
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrowup View Post
I have better things to do than make up this kind of story. I have more than three hours of time wasted dealing with this. I should send them a bill for my time.
Calm down. No one said you made up anything. It's just that there are three sides to every story, and some things get overblown, miscommunicated, etc.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #8
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Well that is much worse than I was expecting. I love that one of the links from their main page is "Easy Return Policy":

http://thmotorsports.com/faq#return

My guess is that they considered it a "special order" item.
@THMotorsports @THMotorsports.com
Old 01-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
ogrowup

Got an email from THmotorsports today saying I received the credit. Since I've heard this one before I need to verify. At least they appear to be taking this more seriously.
Will report back what I find.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #10
Marco_86

Drives: 14' Frs Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrowup View Post
Got an email from THmotorsports today saying I received the credit. Since I've heard this one before I need to verify. At least they appear to be taking this more seriously.
Will report back what I find.
Update?
Marco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #11
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
what a nailbiter ha