follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
dinoniel

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP: Bluetooth and voice recognition

Hey guys,

I'm having an odd problem. I was listening to bluetooth audio as I do every day and all of a sudden lost connection. Did not do anything out of the ordinary. Normally I thought I'd just reconnect but here is the issue:

-When I try to add any bluetooth device I immediately get the "connection failed" error. The car does not try to search for phone or anything like that. Does not matter iPhone or android tried both.

-At the same time the voice recognition no longer works. When I press the voice button I get the "Loading voice recognition" message and it will stay there for the duration of the ride and never load.

I have tried unplugging the headunit and replugging it but to no avail. Really at a loss, if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful!
dinoniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
piaoyi

Drives: Sakura Miku
1 solution

Set phone to forget connection and same with car, then connect phone as a media device only. Do not connect phone as phone because I had the same problem and I believe the lag from the device cant run both things at the same time. After running it as just media device it doesnt randomly disconnected anymore
piaoyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
dinoniel

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanks for the advice but my problem wasn't really connecting or disconnecting it was that the bluetooth immediately came up with connection failed without ever trying to connect.

For resolution: Took it to the dealer, they ran whatever diagnostics they had to run for a full day and then told me they would be ordering me a new headunit. Apparently comes from Japan takes about a week so I'm just waiting right now
dinoniel is offline   Reply With Quote