follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #239
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
we never did it inhouse because at that time we started having other members displaying their results
Old 07-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #240
BryanGT

Drives: WRD BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
we never did it inhouse because at that time we started having other members displaying their results
Can you link to one? I'm really having trouble finding any.

So wait, now I'm really thinking about this and the gears in my head are starting to grind.

You took a car and changed two things on it (E85 tune and your header), and then attributed all of the gains to your header? At best that's unscientific, at worst it's just plain disingenuous.

I am supposed to believe you developed this header without using a dynometer to measure your progress?

But now you hem and haw about how you don't really need to come up with a more controlled before-and-after comparison because someone else posted it somewhere. Except you don't advertise with those third party numbers:

"EL HEADER $850 DYNO PROVEN +29HP +35TQ"

Visconti gets a 20hp peak gain over his "stage 1" tune, which is a remarkably similar base number as your customer's tune:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21190

So that's what the E85 can do by itself. So maybe it would be more realistic to change the advertisement in your signature to say "EL Header $850 dyno extrapolated 9hp"
Old 07-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #241
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanGT View Post

So wait, now I'm really thinking about this and the gears in my head are starting to grind.

You took a car and changed two things on it (E85 tune and your header), and then attributed all of the gains to your header? At best that's unscientific, at worst it's just plain disingenuous.

I am supposed to believe you developed this header without using a dynometer to measure your progress?

But now you hem and haw about how you don't really need to come up with a more controlled before-and-after comparison because someone else posted it somewhere. Except you don't advertise with those third party numbers:

Visconti gets a 20hp peak gain over his "stage 1" tune, which is a remarkably similar base number as your customer's tune:

So that's what the E85 can do by itself. So maybe it would be more realistic to change the advertisement in your signature to say "EL Header $850 dyno extrapolated 9hp"
I'm not sure if @swift996 has a stock dyno, but FWIW we dyno'd the same day and put down almost identical numbers (peak). I was running E85 and stock header, he was running 93 Octane and the FA20Club header. His torque curve was much better than mine, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
swift996 (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #242
FA20Club.com
Banned

Quote:

first off you should read carefully before you before you make your comments. if you did you would realize the original tested showed up for a flex fuel kit install and header. but he filled up prior to getting to the shop so im not going to drain an entire tank of e85 at this point since he drove all the way down from Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale for this one day install and tune. and e85 can make as much as 20hp on stock cars add some mods and thats not what you gain down here in florida. id love to be in the NE or NW this time of year. 49% humidity raining all the time and then a sauna afterwards only thing worse is tuning in high elevation. i just posted our UEL header last week with stock, modded 93 octane & Modded e85 results so dont go accusing me of any wrong doing. its easy to ask us to test every variable possible when thats not always practical especially when it isnt our car. i test what i can when i can and provide the data. considering all the testing that i did last week for turbo kits of my competitors and my own uel header and that cost we an entire week of being outta the office and nobody getting tune updates the entire week. thankfully most of my customers gave me a pass because they knew what i was doing the entire week.you didnt search hard enough cause john and lane have both posted about this same session on the dyno multiply times and instead of actually waiting for me to respond you call BS.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #243
BryanGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
I'm not sure if @swift996 has a stock dyno, but FWIW we dyno'd the same day and put down almost identical numbers (peak). I was running E85 and stock header, he was running 93 Octane and the FA20Club header. His torque curve was much better than mine, though.

Are you talking about this?

First of all, there's no baseline there.

Secondly, it's a car with both a tune and the header. We don't know how good that tune was, but you simply cannot attribute all of the gain from the tune to the header (unless you also sell the tune with the header and call it a package gain). None of these graphs actually tells us anything about what the header does to the car, and therefore there is zero evidence for their advertised claim.

The fact that FA20Club is unwilling or unable to put a controlled comparison is truly damning.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #244
BryanGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
first off you should read carefully before you before you make your comments. if you did you would realize the original tested showed up for a flex fuel kit install and header. but he filled up prior to getting to the shop so im not going to drain an entire tank of e85 at this point since he drove all the way down from Atlanta to Ft Lauderdale for this one day install and tune. and e85 can make as much as 20hp on stock cars add some mods and thats not what you gain down here in florida. id love to be in the NE or NW this time of year. 49% humidity raining all the time and then a sauna afterwards only thing worse is tuning in high elevation. i just posted our UEL header last week with stock, modded 93 octane & Modded e85 results so dont go accusing me of any wrong doing. its easy to ask us to test every variable possible when thats not always practical especially when it isnt our car. i test what i can when i can and provide the data. considering all the testing that i did last week for turbo kits of my competitors and my own uel header and that cost we an entire week of being outta the office and nobody getting tune updates the entire week. thankfully most of my customers gave me a pass because they knew what i was doing the entire week.you didnt search hard enough cause john and lane have both posted about this same session on the dyno multiply times and instead of actually waiting for me to respond you call BS.

Holy excuses and blame-shifting, Batman.

You're selling a product, and you're making a very bold claim about that that product gets you. You switched a car from 93 octane to E85 and attributed all of those gains entirely to that header.

Did you not develop this header on a real car? Where are the dyno runs from that work?

You claimed that it takes you "15 minutes" to install the header because "you are ninjas." I'm sure you can squeeze out an hour and a half (including cool down and ninja swap between runs) to compare a stock header to this header and give us a real before and after. SAE J1349 JUN90 defines the correction factor for you shitty Florida weather.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #245
FA20Club.com
Banned

The Following User Says Thank You to FA20Club.com For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (07-18-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #246
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
another thread i must unsubscribe to
Tony, If I have questions I will call you
this stuff sounds like "girls club volleyball" WWMPH !
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonystewart For This Useful Post:
King Tut (07-18-2013), lbroskee (07-17-2013), Sportsguy83 (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #247
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
I think @lexusb3 has more then proved all of these products and numbers all over this forum
The Following User Says Thank You to lbroskee For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #248
BryanGT

Okay, so let's just right down to brass tacks.

Is this advertisement is the truth?

EL HEADER $850 DYNO PROVEN +29HP +35TQ

We are having some kick-ass weather up here in Seattle. Can I go to a dyno, get a baseline for my stock car, put your header on there, dyno it again, and expect to see an extra 35 foot-pounds of torque somewhere on the graph?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #249
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
^^ you must have not been on this thread / forum long enough lol the numbers have been proven ... Thanks @lbroskee yes fa20club has proven all these numbers on my car tune e85 and the turbo kit tunes lol
The Following User Says Thank You to lexusb3 For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #250
BryanGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusb3 View Post
^^ you must have not been on this thread / forum long enough lol the numbers have been proven ... Thanks @ibroakee yes fa20club has proven all these numbers on my car tune e85 and the turbo kit tunes lol

If there's proof then why isn't it posted here? He knows he can edit that first post and supplement it with this elusive proof you guys keep talking about.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #251
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
If there's proof then why isn't it posted here? He knows he can edit that first post and supplement it with this elusive proof you guys keep talking about.
There is dyno sheets all over this thread? What is it your looking for exactly. I mean these thread is headers dyno tested with the sheets posted also tells you that it works with his turbo kit ( which I currently own ) so I'm not just a random post I have 90 percent of his products on my car and works well and has the highest numbers so far I believe just saying... (PROVEN) lol
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #252
FA20Club.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
Nice results from that and the e85
Hmmm

Closed Thread