follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Subaru BRZ > Subaru BRZ General Forum

Subaru BRZ General Forum All discussions about the Subaru BRZ coupe


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #29
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 57,961
Thanks: 51,339
Thanked 82,312 Times in 36,898 Posts
Mentioned: 2113 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
To his defense, Subaru did release pictures of non-Series.Yellow PP cars with black wheels on them, and we did just put out a press release saying the new ones will be black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
This exactly^ @Tcoat While it was speculation, it was based on Subaru's own marketing materials, which I was just commenting on with regards to what trippin mentioned
Which just goes to show that even Subaru can't be trusted until the car is on the lot, in the flesh.
Well, in the steel.
Oh, and aluminum.
Better not forget plastic and glass as well.

Bet the marketing materials have fine print someplace that says "product may not be exactly as shown"
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
spike021 (12-01-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #30
Nakioki
Member
 
Nakioki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: 2017 BRZ WR Blue - Performance
Location: Torrance, ca
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I thought the MY17s are heated mirrors... I know mine is. I actually just found out last week. Leaving my apt in the morning for work. My windows were all fog'd up. So I turned on the defogger, then I tried wiping the driver side side mirror and it was very warm.

Although, I do like the welcoming light and one touch turn signal.. D'AH!
Nakioki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #31
tehShirt
Senior Member
 
tehShirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 339
Thanks: 387
Thanked 255 Times in 137 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakioki View Post
I thought the MY17s are heated mirrors... I know mine is. I actually just found out last week. Leaving my apt in the morning for work. My windows were all fog'd up. So I turned on the defogger, then I tried wiping the driver side side mirror and it was very warm.

Although, I do like the welcoming light and one touch turn signal.. D'AH!
The MY17 Limited has heated mirrors.

I agree about the one touch turn, maybe it will be a relay we can buy from Subaru.
tehShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 PM   #32
cjd
Senior Member
 
cjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2017 BRZ
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,491
Thanks: 865
Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,199 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakioki View Post

Although, I do like the welcoming light and one touch turn signal.. D'AH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehShirt View Post
I agree about the one touch turn, maybe it will be a relay we can buy from Subaru.
TapTurn gets you both features, and then some.
__________________
Second chance build... or whatever it is.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #33
Vides990
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ-L
Location: CT
Posts: 196
Thanks: 74
Thanked 113 Times in 58 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehShirt View Post
The MY17 Limited has heated mirrors.

I agree about the one touch turn, maybe it will be a relay we can buy from Subaru.
They probably mean on the premium model, my 13 limited (purchased in 12) has them too.
Vides990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:39 PM   #34
toyubie
Member
 
toyubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Location: Colorado
Posts: 41
Thanks: 4
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
TapTurn gets you both features, and then some.
SmartTap is $30-50 cheaper with the same features, but has a 3 year warranty vs. lifetime with TapTurn. Still haven't decided which to go with. Not sure they fail enough to spend the extra money.
toyubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #35
sfdai0
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: S2000
Location: Maryland
Posts: 63
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hmmm for someone that doesnt care about carplay or android auto, I think the '17 might save me a decent chunk. One touch turn and welcome lighting are also things I could live without.
sfdai0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #36
cjd
Senior Member
 
cjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2017 BRZ
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,491
Thanks: 865
Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,199 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyubie View Post
SmartTap is $30-50 cheaper with the same features, but has a 3 year warranty vs. lifetime with TapTurn. Still haven't decided which to go with. Not sure they fail enough to spend the extra money.
Yeah well, "big" corporate vs first to market feature innovator. I really hope it's licensed.
__________________
Second chance build... or whatever it is.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #37
Lebby83
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 2019 BRZ, 2016 Touareg
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 172
Thanks: 19
Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Has anyone heard of when dealers will be able to put tS orders into their system?
__________________
Rob
2019 BRZ Limited Sport
2016 VW Touareg TDI
Lebby83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #38
Nakioki
Member
 
Nakioki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: 2017 BRZ WR Blue - Performance
Location: Torrance, ca
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
TapTurn gets you both features, and then some.
i totally forgot about this. and i want one haha... doesn't it allow welcoming lights too? or was that another maker. I remember seeing it.

Cause I know when I get near my brz, my interior lights turns on. I swear all these MY18 features exists in the current models... just a simple relay can turn them all on. Cept heated mirror though, mine has it haha.
Nakioki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #39
cjd
Senior Member
 
cjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2017 BRZ
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,491
Thanks: 865
Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,199 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakioki View Post
i totally forgot about this. and i want one haha... doesn't it allow welcoming lights too? or was that another maker. I remember seeing it.

Cause I know when I get near my brz, my interior lights turns on. I swear all these MY18 features exists in the current models... just a simple relay can turn them all on. Cept heated mirror though, mine has it haha.
Interior lights are default on all m/y as far as I know. Certainly my 2014 had that feature. That's different than the approach lights, and yes - TapTurn will turn on the side markers and such on approach, and has one-touch-turn, which sounds like the added 2018 features.

Also lets you run all LED bulbs (possibly inherent in the 17+) and gives you wigwag, strobe, and other odd/interesting/useless/fun/showy light features. The afore-mentioned SmartTap seems to have all the same features, just a lot newer to the market (and unsure whether it's an illegitimate clone or not.)
__________________
Second chance build... or whatever it is.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #40
Geese1
Member
 
Geese1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Drives: 2018 BRZ w/ PP - WRB
Location: Northwest PA
Posts: 76
Thanks: 114
Thanked 39 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I remember before the 2018 STIs came out there was already a leaked document showing the invoice cost of not only all the trim levels, but also, I believe, the various accessories. This allowed people to make a more informed decision when buying the car. Does something like this typically get released for the BRZs as well?
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #41
Nakioki
Member
 
Nakioki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: 2017 BRZ WR Blue - Performance
Location: Torrance, ca
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Interior lights are default on all m/y as far as I know. Certainly my 2014 had that feature. That's different than the approach lights, and yes - TapTurn will turn on the side markers and such on approach, and has one-touch-turn, which sounds like the added 2018 features.

Also lets you run all LED bulbs (possibly inherent in the 17+) and gives you wigwag, strobe, and other odd/interesting/useless/fun/showy light features. The afore-mentioned SmartTap seems to have all the same features, just a lot newer to the market (and unsure whether it's an illegitimate clone or not.)
welp... searching for one now haha
Nakioki is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
That Big Announcement Is Here! ECUTEK Opens Up! Pure Automotive Mid-Atlantic 3 12-19-2013 05:42 AM
A Public Service Announcement. Guff Off-Topic Lounge 16 04-21-2012 02:26 AM
Scion FR-S pricing found in website HTML?! (Update: Same as 2011 xD Pricing) WhiteFang Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 146 03-17-2012 03:01 PM
First 86 Winners - Prize Announcement MrBRZ Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 52 03-04-2012 03:40 PM
Scion's big announcement!?! Coming on April 20. A-Spike Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 152 03-30-2011 07:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.