follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
So, one guy had a problem with a cat back......and that makes it suck.....

Too many posters just say "don't, it sux" with no data to back this claim, or links to show why....they do not even explain why. An I bet they never owned one either

Kind of reminds me of sheep following the first on in a herd over the cliff.

I am happy with my cat back and no problems......but I have no experience with the header and can not say. (if there was a cat'ed version I would get one)
The company I ordered the over/midpipe combo from actually warned me about the quality. Its a fairly well known vendor/distributor, I just wish I listened to them.

Fitment was also terrible, but with enough RTV orange silicone you can seal anything.
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
flippy (07-23-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,252 Posts
Mentioned: 339 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Stay away from AP parts. We warn every single person of this. Still not sure how they sell anything. Bad fitment, bad customer service, and horrible quality on pretty much everything they do.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FT-86 SpeedFactory For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-22-2013), dabocx (07-22-2013), Efferalgan (07-29-2013), flippy (07-23-2013), Hawaiian (07-27-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
qoncept

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
One guy that likes it and a dozen that say absolutely not. Good night.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
IceFyre13th

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
No, one guy who actually has the product and likes it......and had no problems installing it (no Copper RTV needed either).

And then I sit in amazement at a vendor who sells the product and talks bad about it, seems hypocritical to me........if you truly believe the company is that bad, then dont even offer their products on your web-site. Personally, that shows me a lack of professionalism on your part.........

All I can say is I am not having any issues with the product I have.

I have read the postings of the Porsche owner who ordered the wrong part in the first place, the one who did not install his header correctly and wonderd why the flanges warped (and the others who told him what he did wrong, buy a torque wrench). Not to mention the one who had the install done poorly and the tips ended up being misaligned (nice toes too). Almost everything I had read on the Agency Power product being "bad" is from the person not knowing what they were doing or ordering the wrong parts in the first place.

Maybe the person (s) who had no clue should take responsibility for there own mistakes.

Sure, there is always the possibly of getting a bad part. I have had it happen to me......the thing that bothers me is the amount of people who never owned the product flaming the company that made it for no other reason than being part of the flock.......

And that means the recall is someone else's problem.....
IceFyre13th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceFyre13th For This Useful Post:
clayrush (07-22-2013), Hempo (07-22-2013)
Old 07-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Why is it only the Arizona members that have good things to say about them?

They a series of unbelievable misrepresentations of facts to this forum when trying to sell their products here. They treated the whole forum like potential suckers. And when caught they attacked the truth and backpedaled on their statements.

That alone is a good enough reason to avoid them, regardless of product quality. Then we had a member document how they dealt with a component failure which just showed more of their attitude to customers.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
IceFyre13th

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Might want to look and see where Hempois is from............not just Arizona members, but other nations as well

And that means the recall is someone else's problem.....

Last edited by IceFyre13th; 07-22-2013 at 06:43 PM.
IceFyre13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
DoctorNick

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Not a fan of vivid racing and their company agency power after the drama they created on NASIOC (i-club at the time).

Although it is pretty impressive they were able to build this "empire" from selling blinking cellphone accessories back in 2001.
DoctorNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I like our agency power cat back, A lot. But even I say go with something that is a bit more proven. If saving a few bucks is a concern It would really be worth your while to shop around or wait fro a group buy. Hell I got my Borla uel headers for 600 shipped.
I don't know if I can or should say what vendor cuz they are banned :P
clayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #23
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,252 Posts
Mentioned: 339 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFyre13th View Post
No, one guy who actually has the product and likes it......and had no problems installing it (no Copper RTV needed either).

And then I sit in amazement at a vendor who sells the product and talks bad about it, seems hypocritical to me........if you truly believe the company is that bad, then dont even offer their products on your web-site. Personally, that shows me a lack of professionalism on your part.........

All I can say is I am not having any issues with the product I have.

I have read the postings of the Porsche owner who ordered the wrong part in the first place, the one who did not install his header correctly and wonderd why the flanges warped (and the others who told him what he did wrong, buy a torque wrench). Not to mention the one who had the install done poorly and the tips ended up being misaligned (nice toes too). Almost everything I had read on the Agency Power product being "bad" is from the person not knowing what they were doing or ordering the wrong parts in the first place.

Maybe the person (s) who had no clue should take responsibility for there own mistakes.

Sure, there is always the possibly of getting a bad part. I have had it happen to me......the thing that bothers me is the amount of people who never owned the product flaming the company that made it for no other reason than being part of the flock.......
Okay You got me hook line and sinker.

Why do we list their parts on our site?

Well, there is this great thing called the internet. Every day hundreds of thousands of people use it to search for things. This then leads them to a place in which they may purchase said things. Sometimes they have questions about the part(s) and want to compare them to others in which case they will e-mail or call the shop and ask their opinion comparing the two or three products. If one of those options on our site is a BAD option we will point that out and explain why as we have first hand experience with all options being discussed. Sometimes even after a person orders a "bad or low quality" product we will advise them of it before hand so they know and give them time to either change their mind or back out of a "bad or low quality item" purchase.

If you ask me that is 200% honesty and professionalism, at least by having those items on our site we're attempting to stop someone from possibly regretting their purchase.

I'm not saying everyone will hate the AP item they receive, but they do not have a high rate of success.

-Jeremy

Last edited by FT-86 SpeedFactory; 07-22-2013 at 10:08 PM.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FT-86 SpeedFactory For This Useful Post:
Enraged21 (07-27-2013), Fast_Freddy (07-27-2013), flippy (07-23-2013), Fluxx (07-27-2013), IceFyre13th (07-24-2013), JimmyMac (07-22-2013), XtremeMaC (04-28-2019)
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
jack43

Drives: Sterling Silver BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
From Az.. I say avoid vivid at all costs.

Overcharged my card and charged a restocking fee when I demanded a refund.
jack43 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack43 For This Useful Post:
Dimman (07-23-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #25
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Another Az guy here. I have the full exhaust. Had some minor issues with it, figment wasn't an issue, also pcasso admitted to installing his exhaust incorrectly then bashed on them for it. The guy who was representing agency power was a tool. Yruyur had an e85 tune and said my top end felt very comparable to his. My exhaust drones at certain rpms and it sounds awesome.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #26
youcantseeme24

Drives: 2013 subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
you get what you pay for
youcantseeme24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
FnFast
Doctor

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's just a great sounding exhaust... I loved the way it sounded and really wish they made it better. I would pay more for that great deep tone.

Jeremy Clarkson "If you go though the Pearly Gates, backwards, in a fireball, that's a cool way to die!"
2013 White Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT - 15% Tint, Debadged, HIDPowerhouse LED Interiors and Dome
FnFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #28
EZWood
BAMF

Drives: 13 fr-s, whiteout, MT. 94 ZJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FnFast View Post
It's just a great sounding exhaust... I loved the way it sounded and really wish they made it better. I would pay more for that great deep tone.
The way its installed is the biggest thing, but if you are worried you can weld it.
EZWood is offline   Reply With Quote