follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #85
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
No one ever said that having it slammed made it more functional or a better drift car, are you slow? What's the point? That the majority of drift cars are low becaust it looks cool? That's exactly my point.

You forget your own words?

Quote:
Let's be honest, this car is never going to see a track. It's too high to be a drift car, and if it were racing then it'd need bigger/better tires... Function wouldn't be an issue even if the wheels filled up the flares.

Quote:
No kid here... You don't put this much work into a drift car and then leave it at that height. In fact if it were a drift car, slamming it to the ground would be the first thing done to it. It's not like he's in Formula D and has an excuse for making his car too high.

But yet again, it's clearly not a drift car.

You act as if the fender clearance is "stock" or excessive even. When it looks acceptable really. Just because it's not slammed doesn't mean it can't be a drift car either.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #86
ebphoto

Drives: FR-S, NA8, S13
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
formula d has ALWAYS been about style.

OBVIOUSLY.
ebphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #87
ill roller

Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
You forget your own words?

You act as if the fender clearance is "stock" or excessive even. When it looks acceptable really. Just because it's not slammed doesn't mean it can't be a drift car either.
I like how you bold certain parts of my post, but ignore others just so you can twist my words into aiding your point. Good job.

The fender clearance and poor fitment are excessive for a show car... These sorts of things are important when the car exists only to draw attention and look good. I mean are you telling me that you can't tell a difference between the way the wheels fit on these two cars?

Because clearly one of them made full use of their fenders. Granted, the height on both of them is still higher than my taste, but the combination of being sunk and too high is no good.

And I didn't say it can't be a drift car because it's not slammed, what I said was that if it was a drift car it'd be lower. And you can tell me that if you had a drift car yours wouldn't be really low, but you don't have a drift car, so that's not really a valid argument. I do have drift cars, and they're lower than this. The end.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #88
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
I like how you bold certain parts of my post, but ignore others just so you can twist my words into aiding your point. Good job.

The fender clearance and poor fitment are excessive for a show car... These sorts of things are important when the car exists only to draw attention and look good. I mean are you telling me that you can't tell a difference between the way the wheels fit on these two cars?

Because clearly one of them made full use of their fenders. Granted, the height on both of them is still higher than my taste, but the combination of being sunk and too high is no good.

And I didn't say it can't be a drift car because it's not slammed, what I said was that if it was a drift car it'd be lower. And you can tell me that if you had a drift car yours wouldn't be really low, but you don't have a drift car, so that's not really a valid argument. I do have drift cars, and they're lower than this. The end.

What, did you not mean what you said? Perhaps you should better clarify things, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it that way. You talk as if your opinion is the only one that matters.

PS...who told you I didn't have a drift car...lol. Comical my friend. Love assumptions. For the record, I sold my old drift car. FR-S is going to be my new one.

Last edited by SnapOv3st3r; 11-26-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #89
lemonspeakers

Drives: blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Why is it that the bolt clips on these wide-body kits are not stream-lined/molded in with the rest of the body.
That "tacked-on" look is hideous! Might as well cover them up like what they did with wide-body on Civics.
lemonspeakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #90
ill roller

Quote:
What, did you not mean what you said? Perhaps you should better clarify things, because I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it that way. You talk as if your opinion is the only one that matters.

PS...who told you I didn't have a drift car...lol. Comical my friend. Love assumptions. For the record, I sold my old drift car. FR-S is going to be my new one.
I meant what I said, but I'm pretty sure you're reading into it and trying to make an argument out of it... I shared my view of things, if no one cared to comment on my posts, then it would have been left at that. But since this is a forum, difference of opinion leads to discussion. I'm well aware that other people have their opinions, but yes, my opinion is the only one that matters to me.

You don't have a drift car... You even just said that you sold your drift car... For the record, it's sounding like you're one of those people with an ugly drift car. You probably aspire to be in formula d, and only care about the performance of your car. You probably think you had a cool looking drift car, but realistically it probably would have been better off if you left it stock.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #91
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
I meant what I said, but I'm pretty sure you're reading into it and trying to make an argument out of it... I shared my view of things, if no one cared to comment on my posts, then it would have been left at that. But since this is a forum, difference of opinion leads to discussion. I'm well aware that other people have their opinions, but yes, my opinion is the only one that matters to me.

You don't have a drift car... You even just said that you sold your drift car... For the record, it's sounding like you're one of those people with an ugly drift car. You probably aspire to be in formula d, and only care about the performance of your car. You probably think you had a cool looking drift car, but realistically it probably would have been better off if you left it stock.
LOL...whatever floats your boat bro. I Like how you equated not having a current drift car as being some means to not being entitled to an opinion on the matter or lack of experience...you got me.. /sarcasm
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #92
ill roller

Quote:
LOL...whatever floats your boat bro. I Like how you equated not having a current drift car as being some means to not being entitled to an opinion on the matter or lack of experience...you got me.. /sarcasm
You're entitled to your opinion just like I am to mine. It seems to me that that's pretty obvious... All i'm saying is that you got all defensive about me saying you didn't have a drift car, but then you told me yourself that you don't have one... But sure, show me your drift car, and I'll gladly retract my statements about it being ugly.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #93
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion just like I am to mine. It seems to me that that's pretty obvious... All i'm saying is that you got all defensive about me saying you didn't have a drift car, but then you told me yourself that you don't have one... But sure, show me your drift car, and I'll gladly retract my statements about it being ugly.

LOL...defensive? This isn't my car, I don't need to get defensive. You can PM me if you want to continue on conversing about it.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #94
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonspeakers View Post
Why is it that the bolt clips on these wide-body kits are not stream-lined/molded in with the rest of the body.
That "tacked-on" look is hideous! Might as well cover them up like what they did with wide-body on Civics.
Rivets are awesome and functional. Image they molded that bodykit in and they hit something. Now they just drill out the rivets and they can replace the panel easily.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #95
RWDRIFT

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
New Engine, Interior and Stereo Shots

RWDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #96
Tsinoy
Dreaming Big~ Carlo Migue

Drives: Subaru BRZ *Soon*
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)