follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
dale.m
Captain Slow

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Connection Bespoke Problem.

Hey folks!

I got my FR-S with the bespoke unit, but the aux jacks were not plugged in on the back of the radio. I pulled the radio out and plugged them in. The pandora and ipod souces work fine now, but when I try to connect to the bespoke source, it tells me to check my video connections or see a service technician. I've updated the app on my phone and I have rebooted it, but it still gives me the same error. There was a short grey cable that was plugged into the slot where the accessory jacks plug into on the back of the radio, but it was not connected to anything and had a weird usb looking jack on the back of it. I simply connected the grey cable from the aux jacks to the back of the radio instead. Any insight on this problem? Thanks.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
greenguy101
VMFIC ORLANDO SCIKOTICS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Are you using the special Toyota IPhone cable that supports audio and video? You can't use the standard iPhone cable, it has to be the double headed one that plugs into the aux and USB at the same time.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
dale.m
Captain Slow

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy101 View Post
Are you using the special Toyota IPhone cable that supports audio and video? You can't use the standard iPhone cable, it has to be the double headed one that plugs into the aux and USB at the same time.
Yes that is the cable I am using.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
greenguy101
VMFIC ORLANDO SCIKOTICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale.m View Post
Yes that is the cable I am using.
Weird. I would take it back to the dealer and have them take a look at it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
lordtakuban

Drives: 2013 FRS - Whiteout
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
The cable that came with the car is only a 3-pole phone jack. Not sure where it would get the video from. I haven't tried playing video with my bespoke unit yet so I can't help out too much. I have another pioneer iPhone cable that is a 4-pole jack. I'll throw a video on my iPhone and see if I can play it next time I'm in the car with both cables. I'll let you know what I find out.

EDIT:
I didn't read your post correctly the first time. You mean with the bespoke app. I thought you were somehow able to play videos from your iPhone on the head unit. I just went to check and there is definitely no way to do that. BeSpoke *works* for me. That is, I see video and don't get that error. If your cable is not working, you should definitely take it in to have it looked at.

Last edited by lordtakuban; 10-18-2012 at 08:27 PM.
lordtakuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
rikdrt1
Hypnotic FRS Member

Drives: FR-S [Raven]
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I know this is old post - but did you ever figure it out. I plug only ipod in there - and I am getting - have been getting the same stupid thing. something about - no files available please contact ur support manual - then after that it works again for no reason. mine has been to dealer 4x but they wont replace yet because I or they can recreate the stupid problem.

MotegiRacing - TRD Racing -OemAudio++- Michellin Pilot SuperSports- Greddy -FiveAxis - SparksScion - BlueBat Overlays -Pioneer -SWIFT Engineering Sports- Evasive Motorsports-
SoCAL
rikdrt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
greenguy101
VMFIC ORLANDO SCIKOTICS

With the Bespoke you have to use the pioneer iPod/iPhone cable. It's the one that has the aux and USB on one side and the 30 pin connector on the other. If you are trying to use a regular iPod cord with just a USB connection than you will have issues. Most dealers should have given the cord to you but I have heard of some of them charging for it.