follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
Decimus
BAE

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Intermittent fuel pressure/signal drop (Fuel regulator prob?)

Ever since installing a DW300 fuel pump, DW 700cc injectors, Delicious Flexfuel kit w/ Mk1+ upgrade and my Greddy turbo kit ive been having random fuel pressure drops. Pressure will drop to 30+psi when im shifting low gears or slowing down to a light with foot off the gas. Tuner says the logs show a loss in signal/intermittent drop in pressure.

No problems with WOT logs, all values looking perfect. All with exception to this fuel pressure drop.

Ive read people say its the fuel regulator going out or dirty/kinked fuel sock stopping pressure. Anyone else have an idea what it may be?

The problem doesnt occur when im above 3k rpm or WOT. Only when im in low gears and in stop&go traffic. Problem exist when I’m using 91 or E85. The car also lurches back and fourth when this happens (kinda like if i was to step on the gas and let off repeatedly for one or two seconds). I also checked for vaccum leaks and all seems to be good.
Decimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
Decimus
BAE

BUMP
Old 04-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Just had a lean fuel code issue with mine with low fuel pressure indication. Started off minor then got so bad the car would not start with our holding down the accelerator. Mine was a indication issue caused by moisture in the D box. Check location of box and make sure the wires are pointing straight down. Relocated mine after to the front of the fuse box with the wires down. Delicious was spot on wth help on this issue. Email Zach and let him know.

Same injectors, pump, kit on mine. Only difference is AVO turbo.
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady For This Useful Post:
Decimus (04-21-2018)
Old 04-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
Decimus
BAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
Just had a lean fuel code issue with mine with low fuel pressure indication. Started off minor then got so bad the car would not start with our holding down the accelerator. Mine was a indication issue caused by moisture in the D box. Check location of box and make sure the wires are pointing straight down. Relocated mine after to the front of the fuse box with the wires down. Delicious was spot on wth help on this issue. Email Zach and let him know.

Same injectors, pump, kit on mine. Only difference is AVO turbo.
Thank you for suggestion!
Old 03-27-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
B.Pod

Drives: White Toyota GT86 '12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus View Post
Ever since installing a DW300 fuel pump, DW 700cc injectors, Delicious Flexfuel kit w/ Mk1+ upgrade and my Greddy turbo kit ive been having random fuel pressure drops. Pressure will drop to 30+psi when im shifting low gears or slowing down to a light with foot off the gas. Tuner says the logs show a loss in signal/intermittent drop in pressure.

No problems with WOT logs, all values looking perfect. All with exception to this fuel pressure drop.

Ive read people say its the fuel regulator going out or dirty/kinked fuel sock stopping pressure. Anyone else have an idea what it may be?

The problem doesnt occur when im above 3k rpm or WOT. Only when im in low gears and in stop&go traffic. Problem exist when I’m using 91 or E85. The car also lurches back and fourth when this happens (kinda like if i was to step on the gas and let off repeatedly for one or two seconds). I also checked for vaccum leaks and all seems to be good.
Hello Decimus,

Did you manage to solve your problem ? I think I have the same issue with exacly the same feeling but no modification installed on my car. I also incriminate my fuel pressure regulator but not sure because no low fuel pressure circuit log are available on this car.
B.Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Decimus
BAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pod View Post
Hello Decimus,

Did you manage to solve your problem ? I think I have the same issue with exacly the same feeling but no modification installed on my car. I also incriminate my fuel pressure regulator but not sure because no low fuel pressure circuit log are available on this car.
Yea the problem was fixed for me when i changed out my delicious tuning flex fuel kit. The dbox started malfunctioning i guess and every time at 2k rpm ill somehow lose fuel pressure.

Since replacing the flexfuel kit fixed my issue, i didnt look further into it.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #7
B.Pod

Drives: White Toyota GT86 '12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for your answer... I am still looking for a solution
B.Pod is offline   Reply With Quote