follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Site Announcements / Questions / Issues

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
nibor33

Drives: SSM BRZ-L 6MT (gone)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Moved thread

I had a thread in the general BRZ discussion about two dealer allocations becoming available. I don't really understand why it was moved to a regional forum.

First, if I found out that a car I wanted was coming available in a different part of the country, I would consider shipping it or driving it back. People do that all the time. Now that the thread has moved, it will not see the traffic that the general discussion forum sees. The great lakes forum is very slow.

Second, if the mod read the whole text, he'd see there was a lot of discussion on potentially shady dealings and if / why dealers may get demo cars. This is a very pertinent issue to those nationwide. I understand you don't want a million posts in the general forum about cars that are available, but I really did want feedback on the sketchy situation I was in.

Thanks. Done venting.
nibor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Thanks for the post. I'm the one moved it & there are 2 reasons for moving it.

1. First part is more regional thing. If you look other regions, they had huge post about group buys, blacklist dealers & which dealer to go. If they were moved to regional part & yours don't, doesn't seem fair... in my view
2. Last part should of been different posts. I didn't mind that topic/concern kept in general BRZ forums. I'm pretty sure you had a great experience at the Grand Subaru in Bensenville, IL, but that & which # you are in the list & first shipment might have extra BRZ for demo car is a bit off-topic.

BUT I'm not perfect, if my decision was a mistake, I'm sure our boss will move it back.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
nibor33

Drives: SSM BRZ-L 6MT (gone)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thanks for the explanation, ichi.

I have seen this on the general forum for quite a while, seems a little inconsistent with mine being moved.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5689
nibor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibor33 View Post
Thanks for the explanation, ichi.

I have seen this on the general forum for quite a while, seems a little inconsistent with mine being moved.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5689
Thanks for let me know. I can't check every threads, so if you see those kind of threads let me & other mod know, we'll fix it.