follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #603
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Just got mine yesterday. I took it to the gas station to top off the tank (Got it with a half a tank of gas) and a guy that was on his way in stopped walking when he saw my car. He had the biggest grin on his face and he stood there for a few seconds before going into the station.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #604
raul
Lap time enthusiast

Drives: Asphalt '13 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Jamaican couple pulled up next to me in a gold Cougar, opened the door and proceeded to tell me "Yo that shit is fresh man! I love it!"
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #605
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
I've said a number of times. Why mess around with the Toyota badge? If you're going to switch it out, put on the prancing horse.

I've tried, the horse, raging bull, and Maserati Crown all don't fit the slot
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jarviz For This Useful Post:
einzlr (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #606
BK025

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Probably my favorite so far was from my "senior capstone" professor (bit of an odd ball) but we were walking out to the parking lot after visiting a design firm and he looked and goes is that yours? I say yea, he just stares and says wow that's really nice...that's a beautiful car and stares a little longer. He was starring much longer than I expected just chalked it up to him being a bit weird, but I watch him get in his car and leave and check his licence plate "24VDOHC" it all clicked and he immediately became a hell of a lot cooler.
racecaresuaceb (12-03-2012), SPEEDGOD (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #607
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I had a kid ask me how I liked my Supra. I have been asked more times than I can remember "what kind of car is that".

Yesterday some kids in an SUV flagged me down in traffic and the driver went on to tell me how awesome my car is and it must be "sick fast". Then he told me about his GTI he built that he plans to "race for a few pinks" and then sell cause it "scared him". I just nodded and said, thanks.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #608
mbh1101

Drives: Raven 6mt FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I've had a couple thumbs up. Also, had one guy run across a parking lot when he saw me go buy to see the car. Also came out of stores and had people looking inside my car. That was a bit sketchy
mbh1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #609
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh1101 View Post
I've had a couple thumbs up. Also, had one guy run across a parking lot when he saw me go buy to see the car. Also came out of stores and had people looking inside my car. That was a bit sketchy
When I had my Mroadster back in the day I was at a Mc Donalds eating. I had my top down and was sitting in a booth with a window right in front of my car.

I see this guy and a 6 year old come up to the car. The guy tries to open the door from the outside then tried to reach in and open the door from the inside.

I immediately went out to the car and said, "excuse me that is my car, what the hell do you think you are doing?".

The guy responded with "Oh my kid likes your car and he wanted a picture in it".

I responded with "and what made you think that it was ok to do that with someone else car?"

He said "Oh, is it ok...."

I kindly told him no and to leave my car alone.

Some people.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #610
Xerail

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Had a guy stop his car and ask if it was a Ferrari haha. Every time I go to the grocery store I find someone looking at my car. I've had several guys with there wives take pics. Had kids stop what there doing and just stare as I drive through there neighborhood. Gota love it!!!
Xerail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #611
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewbj View Post
When I had my Mroadster back in the day I was at a Mc Donalds eating. I had my top down and was sitting in a booth with a window right in front of my car.

I see this guy and a 6 year old come up to the car. The guy tries to open the door from the outside then tried to reach in and open the door from the inside.

I immediately went out to the car and said, "excuse me that is my car, what the hell do you think you are doing?".

The guy responded with "Oh my kid likes your car and he wanted a picture in it".

I responded with "and what made you think that it was ok to do that with someone else car?"

Some people.
Wow, that is pretty pathetic. I don't know how I would have handled that situation, but it would not have been good. There is no hope for civilization with people like that breeding...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #612
UAE

Drives: Lightening Red 86 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i just got mine 2 days ago. i did order it from Oman's dealer - he offered it with better extras, compared to alfuttaim the local dealer in my country - via an office in Abu Dhabi.
so when i went first to see it before taking papers to complete the registration, the guy from office showing me the car, told me he already took photos of the car
and when i came again to pick it up after i got the plates, he told me everyone in their office took photos of the car, so i told him its your last chance before i take it now

at home, they all liked it, those aint into sport car, didn't like the rear spoiler, while others who really know about sport cars look and stuff, did like the car and gave extra credit for the rear spoiler, i.e. wing.

today, where i had my car tinted, the philipino guy when i was asking him about possible wraps they've, he told me , don't do anything ur car is nice, and back in his country, ppl like president will have it only! i was like woow, thanks for the compliment!
another guy came to tint his car, came to me, and he was soooo impressed with my car, and he used to have corvette and Z, and kept asking me Qs about the car.

thats it, so far for almost 3 days
UAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #613
Freeman

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Most people that see it really like it. People keep guessing what it is, so far I've gotten "love your lotus" "nice porche!" And "is that the new Nissan Z?".

I guess the Scion badge isn't a dead give away?
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #614
travace

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
i let a random guy that worked at a gas station sit in it once. he was really interested and said his son wanted one. which i have heard a few times. the younger peoples really drool over this car but there is so much media hype that if you are into cars in the slightest bit that the older peoples know about it.

the guy was super stoked to just sit in it. took a min out of my day to make someones elses
travace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to travace For This Useful Post:
Rossman (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #615
White Shadow
Banned

Drives: 12,000 miles per year
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
There are a lot of folks that don't give it a second glance, but that's normal. Not everybody cares about cars.
That's pretty much what I'd expect. Something exotic like the latest Lamborghini (or maybe even Ferrari) might get a lot of attention on the streets, but I wouldn't expect very much attention for a BRZ or FR-S from the average motorist. I think it's safe to say that people who do give that attention are most likely auto enthusiasts and already know about the car.

Personally, the first time I saw one, I was surprised just how small it was. It looked even smaller than the concept version that I first saw at the NYC Auto Show a few years ago.
White Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Shadow For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #616
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewbj View Post

Some people.
If something like that happened to my M Roadster, if he seemed like a nice guy but just clueless then knowing me I would have let him take the pictures and then offered to take his son for a quick spin. After politely advising him to be careful with going around trying to open peoples' car doors

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote