follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #99
MsMoniKat
Deadpool

Drives: 2013 DeadPool
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabie View Post
I swear if I had to get an FRS, I would get it in RED
Pffftttt and to think I didn't want red, argued with the dealer, they had to fight me to take the red - I made them comp me the spoiler to take the red Now, I am happy with my lil devil - it's my Deadpool FRS! (I wanted blue or silver)
Old 09-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #100
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMoniKat View Post
Pffftttt and to think I didn't want red, argued with the dealer, they had to fight me to take the red - I made them comp me the spoiler to take the red Now, I am happy with my lil devil - it's my Deadpool FRS! (I wanted blue or silver)
I'm glad u got neither.
hanabie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hanabie For This Useful Post:
MsMoniKat (09-14-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #101
Junebug

Drives: 2013 scion frs firestorm m/t
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Joey at Endless Auto Salon who wrapped my FRS he knows the guy who owns this particular FRS and helped him with some of those Mods - that TOW strap and TOW badge, Joey did that - he even used to have an Endless sticker on his back window, but him and Joey had a little falling out so he took it off (they are cool now though I think). Joey might be able to give information on it, but I'm not 100% sure.

P/S those light might be wrapped??? Do NOT quote me though - Joey wraps lights and wants to use my car as a template - but pffffttt I can't get in touch with him to set up a time to do this ah well XD

Hey guys I'm the owner of that red FRS, Joey from endless did hook me up with the "falken" windshield banner and he did make the "tow" stickers for me but that was all he helped with everything else was done by me, the tow straps I got on my own from the U.K. And yes we did have a small misunderstanding due to some miscommunication but we are cool now and in all honesty I recommend Joey from endless auto salon to anyone looking to have vinyls work done, not only is he a cool guy his wrapping skills are the best I've seen and his dedication to his work and customers is second to none.

Glad you guys like the splitter, it was a pain in the ass but looks great, I made it myself out of aluminum and fabbed up my own custom brackets to not just make it look nice but actually make it fully functional.

My neither my headlights nor tail lights are vinyl wrapped, I painted them myself at one of my friends body shop. Glad you guys liked my build and if any of you guys have questions or need help doing similar mods, hit me up ill be glad to help you guys out!
Junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Junebug For This Useful Post:
bear89103 (09-17-2013), MsMoniKat (09-17-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #102
Junebug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabie View Post
check DIY.
I painted them using a mix of clear coat and a bit of black paint at my buddy's shop, really easy to do but it's not like vinyl you can remove, once it's on there it's a done deal, I love the look tho and love how bright they are when I wax them! @Neekowahhhh
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #103
MsMoniKat
Deadpool

Drives: 2013 DeadPool
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
Hey guys I'm the owner of that red FRS, Joey from endless did hook me up with the "falken" windshield banner and he did make the "tow" stickers for me but that was all he helped with everything else was done by me, the tow straps I got on my own from the U.K. And yes we did have a small misunderstanding due to some miscommunication but we are cool now and in all honesty I recommend Joey from endless auto salon to anyone looking to have vinyls work done, not only is he a cool guy his wrapping skills are the best I've seen and his dedication to his work and customers is second to none.

Glad you guys like the splitter, it was a pain in the ass but looks great, I made it myself out of aluminum and fabbed up my own custom brackets to not just make it look nice but actually make it fully functional.

My neither my headlights nor tail lights are vinyl wrapped, I painted them myself at one of my friends body shop. Glad you guys liked my build and if any of you guys have questions or need help doing similar mods, hit me up ill be glad to help you guys out!
I'm really glad you guys got the misunderstanding cleared up. Joey is a really cool guy and you seem like a really cool guy too and your car is beautiful. I wasn't clear if he helped do the stuff on your car or if it was you, tis why I stated "Don't quote me" Joey wrapped my hood and the bottom front lip (inside) and hopefully one day the roof, once I can save up again. Joey was talking about wrapping lights so wasn't sure on that either, may just be simple things though not full wraps or anything - he asked if he could use mine as a template, but I can't get in touch with him to get this going as I don't mind at all on that.

It's so nice to see other "Reds" , though much respect to you guys all lowered like that pfffttt MoMo would destroy her FRS big time - what's that a curb -crunch- um....was that my fender back there?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #104
bear89103
Old Fart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug View Post

Hey @Junebug, both @DNAPoPo and I have been looking for you! LOL. We want to find out more about the possibliity of making that splitter. If you can, let me know how I can get a hold of you.

bear89103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #105
Junebug

Quote:
I'm really glad you guys got the misunderstanding cleared up. Joey is a really cool guy and you seem like a really cool guy too and your car is beautiful. I wasn't clear if he helped do the stuff on your car or if it was you, tis why I stated "Don't quote me" Joey wrapped my hood and the bottom front lip (inside) and hopefully one day the roof, once I can save up again. Joey was talking about wrapping lights so wasn't sure on that either, may just be simple things though not full wraps or anything - he asked if he could use mine as a template, but I can't get in touch with him to get this going as I don't mind at all on that.

It's so nice to see other "Reds" , though much respect to you guys all lowered like that pfffttt MoMo would destroy her FRS big time - what's that a curb -crunch- um....was that my fender back there?

Yea tht would be great, only reason i dont like vinyl on headlights or taillights is because over time it fades and gets bubbles so i preffer to use paint...

I feel you on the being low part, it get pretty annoying, i always say im going to raise the car till i get out and look back at it and say "nahhhh nevermind" lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Junebug For This Useful Post:
bear89103 (09-17-2013), MsMoniKat (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #106
Junebug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
Hey @Junebug, both @DNAPoPo and I have been looking for you! LOL. We want to find out more about the possibliity of making that splitter. If you can, let me know how I can get a hold of you.
Sorry guys like i told you guys at the meet im not on here as much as i should be im thinking of starting a build journal but havent had time. I can help you guys out with the splitters but heres the deal, i can make it to where it looks cool and bolts onto your bumper, or i can make it fully functional, on mine i fabbed up some brackets and welded them to my frame and crash beam for support, once the brackets are in place i then made it to where the splitter its self bolts on and off from the bottom. Like i said its up to you guys, i know alot of people dont like making "permanent" mods to their cars but the way i see it is, if i ever get rid of the splitters i cut the brackets off and its back to normal ill post some pics later of how i did it and where the mounting points are..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Junebug For This Useful Post:
bear89103 (09-17-2013), DNAPoPo (09-17-2013), MsMoniKat (09-17-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #107
Evasive Motorsports

Drives: 2012 FR-S and BR-Z
Thanked 1,892 Times in 638 Posts
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Evasive Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
hey @bear89103 Ill try and make it to the next one!
Evasive Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Evasive Motorsports For This Useful Post:
bear89103 (09-20-2013)
Old 09-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #108
NSX2NV

Drives: 2013 Pearl White FRS, 2004 LBBP NSX
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Mr. Bear, when will the next meet be
Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #109
bear89103
Old Fart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Ok ladies and gents.. The Buffalo Wild Wings thing was great. And I'm planning the next FOOD, FUN & FA20's.

I have a perfect parking lot to be in. Good lighting, PLENTY of parking spaces on weeknights. And I already spoke to the security over there.

There's a couple of food places in that parking lot. Which restaurant should this next meet be for our foodplace of choice?

1) BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
2) Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ
3) Corner Bakery Cafe
4) Wahoo's Fish Taco Place.

@Amir Ghadiri , @ironsurfer129 , @MsMoniKat , @ShoGun , @TJ3000 , @davidshu0327 , @EricBRZ , @jflogerzi , @NSX2NV , @Re_Invention , @aced86 , @ft86me , @IShouldStudy , @JohnnyP , @PT-BRZ , @KVDB31 , @Symbiont , @JFK0424 , @robispec , @alex88 , @Jeong , @eindio @that_one_guy , @MikesFRS , @juliog , @oso_25 , @DAMotorsports , @eklectic8 , @Mr.Corvus, @Shutter , @agonzales03 , @evilconcarne999 , @HotLeopardMama , @IShouldStudy , @BOYCE , @SmsAlSuwaidi , @ft86me , @JohnnyP , @aced86 @JUNO , @PT-BRZ , @NSX2NV , @Sc0ob_do0D , @EricBRZ , @jflogerzi , @Re_Invention , @Sithspawn , @BRZ , @y2janz2 , @ImperiousRex , @TJ3000 , @Inersha , @Frnch , @TJ3000 , @david_gom3z , @nocurfew , @Neekowahhhh , @Evasive Motorsports , @ZetaPerformance , @DNAPoPo , @Junebug , @GreddyFRS

Last edited by bear89103; 09-27-2013 at 04:02 PM.
bear89103 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bear89103 For This Useful Post:
DNAPoPo (10-01-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #110
Amir Ghadiri

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Garage
@bear89103 BJ's sounds good to me!
Amir Ghadiri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amir Ghadiri For This Useful Post: