follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Moto-East
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
colHolm
Default User Title
 
colHolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Drives: FR-S
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 673
Thanks: 176
Thanked 340 Times in 116 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sounds great!
__________________
Never argue with an idiot; onlookers will have trouble telling you apart.
colHolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
Future
Senior Member
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Drives: BRZ!
Location: Earth
Posts: 354
Thanks: 79
Thanked 60 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any gain, even without a tune?
__________________
Quote:
Many will likely say the FR-S/BRZ needs more power and while more wouldn’t hurt, those folks (the same ones who have probably never driven on a track) are missing the point.
Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
Don@Accelerated
 
Don@Accelerated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 880
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1,162 Times in 316 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yes we have some pretty substantial gains for just an intake. We have done testing both hot and cold. These cars will pick up 3-4hp just from being cold to hot.

I will post intake dyno graphs maybe later this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future View Post
Any gain, even without a tune?
Don@Accelerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
Subaruwrxfan
Senior Member
 
Subaruwrxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 796
Thanks: 274
Thanked 195 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow, that sounds amazing!!!! Really hope these will be available soon!
__________________
Check out my BRZ videos on my YouTube page: youtube.com/subaruwrxfan
Subaruwrxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody
 
Exhaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,353
Thanks: 657
Thanked 380 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
Keep a lookout for info. As soon as I am ready, I will take orders.
If your gain's are as impressive and legitimate as you claim them to be then you will definitely see my money. However your big competitor when it comes to performance right now(for me anyway) is perrin

Goodluck:happy0180:
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
Subaruwrxfan
Senior Member
 
Subaruwrxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 796
Thanks: 274
Thanked 195 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
If your gain's are as impressive and legitimate as you claim them to be then you will definitely see my money. However your big competitor when it comes to performance right now(for me anyway) is perrin

Goodluck:happy0180:
Lol yeah Perrin said they are gonna post up about their intake soon too, and according to his description, it sounds like it's also fantastic.
__________________
Check out my BRZ videos on my YouTube page: youtube.com/subaruwrxfan
Subaruwrxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Subaruwrxfan For This Useful Post:
Exhaust (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody
 
Exhaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,353
Thanks: 657
Thanked 380 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaruwrxfan View Post
Lol yeah Perrin said they are gonna post up about their intake soon too, and according to his description, it sounds like it's also fantastic.
Yes im really excited for perrin! Competition between companies brings better product for consumers like me and you so im just gonna sit back and relax... for now
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #22
bimmerboy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2009 135i
Location: Midwest
Posts: 283
Thanks: 126
Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
Yes im really excited for perrin! Competition between companies brings better product for consumers like me and you so im just gonna sit back and relax... for now

Competition really is a win-win for the customers. Look how companies are scrambling to produce intakes/exhaust!
bimmerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger
 
YukiHachiRoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2004 GS430
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 929
Thanks: 2,040
Thanked 752 Times in 314 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oh sex!
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #24
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku
 
Dimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Location: Greater Vancouver (New West)
Posts: 6,853
Thanks: 2,376
Thanked 2,261 Times in 1,233 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
In for dyno graphs.
__________________


Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
Don@Accelerated
 
Don@Accelerated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 880
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1,162 Times in 316 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Although Perrin is a great company, they are not a direct competitor of mine. They'll make an intake, i'll make an intake, the difference however is that I will make integrated systems. My typical background is 1000+ hp turbo cars both import and domestic. At the end of the day I will be able to do the outrageous stuff with this car, that they will not as a company.

I can assure you that I approach all interests with integrity. You will never get some undocumented claims from me that do not have my word backing them. Ask any customer i've had over the years. If I say the car will do this, it will.

My goal as of now is to build into the staged packages just like we have with other vehicles. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't have turbo variations in the short future. Obviously then, we will be going inside these engines. I've been building engines for the past 12 years. I've done many 600hp boxer engines and don't see any reason why this boxer will differ.

-Don


Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
If your gain's are as impressive and legitimate as you claim them to be then you will definitely see my money. However your big competitor when it comes to performance right now(for me anyway) is perrin

Goodluck:happy0180:
Don@Accelerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #26
Don@Accelerated
 
Don@Accelerated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 880
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1,162 Times in 316 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don@Accelerated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don@Accelerated For This Useful Post:
Dimman (06-05-2012), ESBjiujitsu (06-08-2012), WRB-DZA-BRZ (06-06-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #27
WingsofWar
NINJA MODERATOR #2
 
WingsofWar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: 87 FC3S TII
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,683
Thanks: 345
Thanked 1,548 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
Although Perrin is a great company, they are not a direct competitor of mine. They'll make an intake, i'll make an intake, the difference however is that I will make integrated systems. My typical background is 1000+ hp turbo cars both import and domestic. At the end of the day I will be able to do the outrageous stuff with this car, that they will not as a company.

I can assure you that I approach all interests with integrity. You will never get some undocumented claims from me that do not have my word backing them. Ask any customer i've had over the years. If I say the car will do this, it will.

My goal as of now is to build into the staged packages just like we have with other vehicles. I don't see any reason why I wouldn't have turbo variations in the short future. Obviously then, we will be going inside these engines. I've been building engines for the past 12 years. I've done many 600hp boxer engines and don't see any reason why this boxer will differ.

-Don
hmmmm them fightin words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
What was your baseline? 161.50/136.53?
__________________
WingsofWar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsofWar For This Useful Post:
SkullWorks (05-17-2013)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
Don@Accelerated
 
Don@Accelerated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 880
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1,162 Times in 316 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Graphs are in numerical order. I will try to post a passing by video so that you can hear the intake at a distance. I will be posting exhaust data when I have enough information compiled.

Run's 5 and 6 Differ only in engine operating temperature. It has been clear to us during the testing that these engines lose 3-4hp when not completely up to operating temperature. This engine has about 350 miles on it now.

I'm using line item 1 because it was the highest numbers we ever got without the intake. We also had as low as 157hp and 131ftlbs. I left those graphs out. To much to look at at once.

Coming from a driveability standpoint, you wouldn't think 6hp and up to 6ftlbs would be that noticeable. Partial throttle has the most noticeable difference. The vehicle clearly requires less throttle and is more eager to be pushed.

More to follow as I complete the analysis of the long tube cold air!
Don@Accelerated is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Don@Accelerated For This Useful Post:
jet86 (07-09-2012)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FR-S Dyno testing at DD Performance Research inc. 2ZZ comparison Boosted2.0 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 120 04-07-2013 10:46 PM
2013 Scion FRS AEM Cold Air Intake KenAEM Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 2 07-12-2012 07:30 PM
Hello from Accelerated Performance! Don@Accelerated Announcements, Contests, Giveaways 5 07-04-2012 08:14 PM
When will magazines start testing the performance? swift996 Subaru BRZ General Forum 10 03-23-2012 02:10 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.