follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 08-31-2015, 04:05 PM   #85
Crazypinoy9

Drives: FR-S TRD RS1#1488
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
delicious
I was planning to buy their kit plus injectors and pump but they're pissing me off now. They were great at the beginning. but now they won't even reply to any of my messages or emails. Another forum member messaged them this morning and got a reply back in around 20 mins which means they're obviously checking their inbox. So messaged them right after and it's been a couple hrs with no response. Mind you, the last message i sent them was almost a month ago and still hasn't been responded to. And that message was only to ask how to switch maps with the traction control. If i don't hear back from them by end of day i'm buying the moto east kit with injectors/pump.
Crazypinoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #86
dj2020

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
i didnt come, my car didnt want to start. i just installed and tuned for flexfuel. so im sort of pissed off it was driving good for a couple days but im stumped.. LOL..

boosted problems -.-
Hope you figure out the issue. Do you think it's tune related or something mechanical? I'm seriously looking at the FnG Tune with Flex Fuel upgrade. Thanks.
dj2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:32 PM   #87
Crazypinoy9

Drives: FR-S TRD RS1#1488
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2020 View Post
Hope you figure out the issue. Do you think it's tune related or something mechanical? I'm seriously looking at the FnG Tune with Flex Fuel upgrade. Thanks.
be careful with investing money on the Flash and Go. Just look at my graphs that i posted. curve is pretty choppy. I personally think it's a great map to start with. But just from the results alone along with seeing the results of the others that day...you might wanna reconsider. Not one single person that had the Flash and Go tune was very happy at all and that's coming from two people with turbos (different brands) and one with a supercharger.
Crazypinoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazypinoy9 For This Useful Post:
FRS Johnny (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #88
Jackson Racing

Drives: JR FR-S,
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thanks everyone for coming out!

21 cars on the dyno plus spectators.
No Krispy Kreme left.

Jackson Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jackson Racing For This Useful Post:
aegisdrgn (08-31-2015), Crazypinoy9 (08-31-2015), DAEMANO (08-31-2015), danthedirt (09-01-2015), jc0522 (08-31-2015), JDMChris (08-31-2015), juliog (08-31-2015), MJones_RB (09-01-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #89
FRS Johnny

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

So this is my dyno chart. Mods are:
injen intake (probably robbing power)
tomei uel headers
stock front pipe with aftermarket/custom catback
open flash tablet running e85

Hopefully I can get a new intake? Or just wait and get forced induction probably.

From this dyno, to me, it shows that off the shelf tunes or 'canned tunes' are pretty conservative and don't necessarily get all the potential out of the car. I'm sure they have to take into consideration of different fuel, mods, sea level, air, location, and temp. But overall any tune is better than stock. A custom tune is probably the best if you want to squeeze the most power out of your car.

Thanks for putting on the dyno day! It was great experience and info.
aaguirre123 (08-31-2015), DAEMANO (08-31-2015), JS + BRZ (09-01-2015), juliog (08-31-2015), tracerit (09-01-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 10:21 PM   #90
aaguirre123

Drives: sti 2012 sedan
Great results. I can't believe an NA can go over 210 whp. Which mods do you think made it possible to go over 210 whp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthedirt View Post
Powermods
OFT: Stage 2 E85 Tune (OTS)
Tomei 60S Catback
AFE Power EL Twisted Steel Headers w/Cat
Perrin LW Crank Pulley
Exedy LW Flywheel
WORKS High-Flow Drop-In Air Filter
HKS Iridium Spark Plugs

Goal has always been at least 200whp NA, this was my frist dyno so I was thrilled to see 217.9 whp
Attachment 119187

I think I might of gotten highest NA for the day, and def loudest overall for the day. #becauseracecar

I'll post a video later.

Yoshi and I wanna thank Jackson Racing, Church Automotive Testing, AutoTuned, and everyone who attended for making it a great event!

aaguirre123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:59 PM   #91
Jackson Racing

Drives: JR FR-S,
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisdrgn View Post
Good question. I'm not sure why there is a difference between the groups, but the runs were done as a group of 3, then a second group of 2 runs were done. Maybe @Jackson Racing knows? I was run #2.
If I remember correctly, you were one of the first cars on the "NA" dyno.

Your car showed the first two runs low compared to the 3 normal runs. Daniel at Church Auto said he turned the heater on to help cool the car down, then did the 3 normal level runs. He said it is pretty common for stock FR-S/BRZ to read low when hot. This makes sense, as the timing will be adjusted by the ECU for higher engine temps.

My guess is you still had some heat soak from the drive down and then jumped straight on the dyno with a little too much engine temp. He did three pulls at the normal number back to back to back to make sure the car did reach a consistent number.

-Oscar Jr.
Jackson Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson Racing For This Useful Post:
Crazypinoy9 (09-01-2015), DAEMANO (08-31-2015)
Old 08-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #92
aaguirre123

Drives: sti 2012 sedan
another amazing result from a NA. can you tell us the E85 percentage? E70? E75? E60?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Johnny View Post

tomei uel headers

Hopefully I can get a new intake? Or just wait and get forced induction probably.

From this dyno, to me, it shows that off the shelf tunes or 'canned tunes' are pretty conservative and don't necessarily get all the potential out of the car. I'm sure they have to take into consideration of different fuel, mods, sea level, air, location, and temp. But overall any tune is better than stock. A custom tune is probably the best if you want to squeeze the most power out of your car.

aaguirre123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:14 PM   #93
aegisdrgn

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series #2263
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Racing View Post
If I remember correctly, you were one of the first cars on the "NA" dyno.

Your car showed the first two runs low compared to the 3 normal runs. Daniel at Church Auto said he turned the heater on to help cool the car down, then did the 3 normal level runs. He said it is pretty common for stock FR-S/BRZ to read low when hot. This makes sense, as the timing will be adjusted by the ECU for higher engine temps.

My guess is you still had some heat soak from the drive down and then jumped straight on the dyno with a little too much engine temp. He did three pulls at the high number back to back to back to make sure the car did reach a consistent number.

-Oscar Jr.
Thanks Oscar Jr!!! You just made me a very very happy dude! I dunno how much (if any) gain over stock numbers was due to the catback, but I'll definitely be saving up for a supercharger instead of more NA mods. Well, maybe just one or two more mods.

Maybe three.

aegisdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aegisdrgn For This Useful Post:
Jackson Racing (08-31-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #94
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaguirre123 View Post
Great results. I can't believe an NA can go over 210 whp. Which mods do you think made it possible to go over 210 whp?
Depending on the dyno 210+ is completely rational. Ive done 220 SAE corrected on a mustang dyno in a friends car. Doing a custom tune vs a canned tune can help get those last few ponies =)
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-02-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #95
FRS Johnny

Quote:
another amazing result from a NA. can you tell us the E85 percentage? E70? E75? E60?
I don't know since I don't have a reader for it. But the pump I go to is propel in Huntington Beach. I was running e85 for about 3 tanks so I'm sure there was no gasoline in the system. If anyone has any experience from this pump or stations similar to this one, please chime in!

Quote:
I have about the same mods. Just no crank pulley, flywheel, spark plugs if that makes a power difference I'm not sure. I know my injen intake isnt the best and is probably losing power.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:31 AM   #96
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:

tomei uel headers

John your car is fast! damn! haha
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:57 AM   #97
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't know since I don't have a reader for it. But the pump I go to is propel in Huntington Beach. I was running e85 for about 3 tanks so I'm sure there was no gasoline in the system. If anyone has any experience from this pump or stations similar to this one, please chime in!

I have about the same mods. Just no crank pulley, flywheel, spark plugs if that makes a power difference I'm not sure. I know my injen intake isnt the best and is probably losing power.
The Propel pumps in HB (on Beach Blvd and the one next to Goldenwest College) have consistently been putting out 85% ethanol according to my tester.

Are you using an off the shelf OFT E85 map or one that's been tuned for E85? Because when I ran the Stage2 EL E85 map, my fuel trims were +20% on straight E85. After mixing my E85 into E70-E75, it finally came down to 5% and under. Things would be so much easier if I scaled to 85% though instead of mixing.
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:05 AM   #98
FRS Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
The Propel pumps in HB (on Beach Blvd and the one next to Goldenwest College) have consistently been putting out 85% ethanol according to my tester.

Are you using an off the shelf OFT E85 map or one that's been tuned for E85? Because when I ran the Stage2 EL E85 map, my fuel trims were +20% on straight E85. After mixing my E85 into E70-E75, it finally came down to 5% and under. Things would be so much easier if I scaled to 85% though instead of mixing.

I actually go to the one on beach and warner. But I mean they are close to each other, so I would assume they came from the same tanker?
I was running the oft stage 2 e85 map supplied by oft.

Tags
church, dyno day, e85, jackson racing, supercharger