follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #15
CSG David

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churg View Post
Unfortunately, the bits of the manual that Alan gave me didn't have pictures. So I just kinda went with it, hahaha.

And I assumed the SRC's came with a bolt, because Alan left one on with the washer bit attached to the strut. So David, you have any idea where I can get my hands on some of those pictures?
It's literally an exploded view of the components that go on the shock. Basically if you follow that, you know where each component should be. Also, you can look at the simple recommended measurements to ensure the recommended preload and height are dialed in.

Quote:
I'm low. A lot lower than I thought I'd be. 1.4-1.6" from stock, give or take.
It's about 1.4" drop for recommended (although Alan is into dat look doe), but it doesn't ride or feel like it is lowered by 1.4", which is actually the biggest difference compared to everything else out there.
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG David For This Useful Post:
Churg (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #16
Churg

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
It's literally an exploded view of the components that go on the shock. Basically if you follow that, you know where each component should be. Also, you can look at the simple recommended measurements to ensure the recommended preload and height are dialed in.

It's about 1.4" drop for recommended (although Alan is into dat look doe), but it doesn't ride or feel like it is lowered by 1.4", which is actually the biggest difference compared to everything else out there.
I'll let you guys know how this weekend goes with digging through manuals and such, see if I can get my camber to what it should be.

I believe Alan said it was about a 1.5-.6" off from stock. I scrape on everything right now, it's pretty bad
Churg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Churg For This Useful Post:
kster1 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 01:47 AM   #17
CSG David

Quote:
I'll let you guys know how this weekend goes with digging through manuals and such, see if I can get my camber to what it should be.

I believe Alan said it was about a 1.5-.6" off from stock. I scrape on everything right now, it's pretty bad
Alan has a tendency to make the car look good. Keep in mind with that specific setting and a couple tweaks to the settings, Alan's car did a 1:24.x at Streets of Willow driven by Mike 2 years ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG David For This Useful Post:
Churg (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #18
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Unless there is supposed to be washers spacing the upper mount apart from itself to allow the raised area to fit under the green part of the mount, there's no way you're getting more negative at the top based on this picture. If others are getting more and the top holes are slotted then that's where you should be looking. Max out the negative at the knuckle then even it out using the upper mounts.

The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Churg (03-05-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #19
Churg

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
Alan has a tendency to make the car look good. Keep in mind with that specific setting and a couple tweaks to the settings, Alan's car did a 1:24.x at Streets of Willow driven by Mike 2 years ago.
I found the measurements for the car in stock form here on the forums, so I'll see what the gap is between the two. If I can find a jack that is low profile enough to fit under my car tonight, I'll have those bolts checked and my car realigned tomorrow.

And that's impressive. To my knowledge, there hasn't been much done power-wise to Alan's car, from the looks of his build and what he was parting out on the car.
Churg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #20
CSG David

Quote:
I found the measurements for the car in stock form here on the forums, so I'll see what the gap is between the two. If I can find a jack that is low profile enough to fit under my car tonight, I'll have those bolts checked and my car realigned tomorrow.

And that's impressive. To my knowledge, there hasn't been much done power-wise to Alan's car, from the looks of his build and what he was parting out on the car.
He added a few more items after that time was performed.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #21
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Loosen the lower strut bolts and have someone pull out the bottom of your rotor or push in the top of your rotor while you tighten the bolts. The should ensure you get max camber from the lower strut bolts.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:44 AM   #22
OmarYasin

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:

Get a 2x4 drive up it, should clear then for a jack
OmarYasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #23
CSG Mike

Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
I just saw this thread...

I'm gonna guess something funky is going on at the knuckle end. Even with your OEM bolts, with the recommend drop, you should have way more camber than that.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Churg (03-08-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #24
Jetbill

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2014 BMW 335 M-Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Although I'm only running 3.2 degrees, I was able to get almost 4 degrees up front with spc camber bolts up top. One thing I noticed was the camber bolts only went in one direction in the tein coilovers, one hole size is larger allowing it to be inserted in in position.

Quote:
Hey guys,

I bought some Tein SRC's, installed them, and went to a local alignment shop to get my car taken care of. However, the shop had some serious issues working on getting my camber to -3 like I wanted. Now, I don't know much about setting camber. I know that moving around the little bolts in the camber plate adjusts the camber, but that's about it.

Here's before their adjustment, at -1.7 camber:

And here's after their adjustment at -2.0:

I am 99% sure that I've installed the coilovers correctly, and I'm guessing that the guy aligning my car doesn't know how to adjust this properly, and because of my lack of knowledge on adjusting camber, I had to basically stick with -2.0, and for a competitive car in STX, I'd like to be sitting at -3.2 or so.

I also wanted to give a shout out to @CSG David for being so helpful and responding to my emails so fast while I was at the shop, I was really impressed.
Jetbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #25
kster1

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
@Churg

Ever get this resolved? What was the issue?
kster1 is offline   Reply With Quote