follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
RMA with Diode Dynamics

I had purchased some LEDs and HIDs from Diode Dynamics back in December. Noticed this morning that one of the DRL LEDs was dead this morning. Took it out and the unit was dead/burnt.

Submitted my RMA on their site and not even 20 minutes later they had already approved and are sending out the replacement along with a box to send the bad one back. I have spoken/emailed with Diode dynamics 3 or 4 times from general production questions to this RMA and they have always been very helpful and easy to deal with.

Quick 6/30/16 Update: Received replacement part in less than 48 hours!! Defective part has been sent back. New one works and everything is good. Thank you again @Diode Dynamics

Last edited by Tectoniic; 06-30-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tectoniic For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
jchudson13

Drives: 13' Scion FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectoniic View Post
I had purchased some LEDs and HIDs from Diode Dynamics back in December. Noticed this morning that one of the DRL LEDs was dead this morning. Took it out and the unit was dead/burnt.

Submitted my RMA on their site and not even 20 minutes later they had already approved and are sending out the replacement along with a box to send the bad one back. I have spoken/emailed with Diode dynamics 3 or 4 times from general production questions to this RMA and they have always been very helpful and easy to deal with.
Do you know the cause of why it burnt? I've been looking at getting some lighting from them, I want high quality.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
jchudson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchudson13 View Post
Do you know the cause of why it burnt? I've been looking at getting some lighting from them, I want high quality.

In my limited experience/knowledge with lighting: I'm guessing it was just a bad/fried component somewhere within the unit itself. None of my other parts from them have had any problems from the other DRL LED to the HIDs to the interior/trunk LEDs (They all survived a chicago winter too lol). I just noticed it this morning so I haven't sent it back to them yet, not sure if they do an inspection or what upon receipt.

I wouldn't be worried at all about their quality. From everything I could find online they have a good reputation and my buddy with a genesis was who originally pointed me to them as he has been running their lights for a long time with absolutely no issues.

Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tectoniic For This Useful Post:
jchudson13 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
jchudson13

Drives: 13' Scion FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectoniic View Post
In my limited experience/knowledge with lighting: I'm guessing it was just a bad/fried component somewhere within the unit itself. None of my other parts from them have had any problems from the other DRL LED to the HIDs to the interior/trunk LEDs (They all survived a chicago winter too lol). I just noticed it this morning so I haven't sent it back to them yet, not sure if they do an inspection or what upon receipt.

I wouldn't be worried at all about their quality. From everything I could find online they have a good reputation and my buddy with a genesis was who originally pointed me to them as he has been running their lights for a long time with absolutely no issues.
Ok thank you. I've heard good things about them. This is really the first bad thing I've seen lol

jchudson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
XanRules
A Very Powerful Wizard

Drives: 2014 BRZ LTD WRB (RIP), 2017 FiST
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, I've had their LEDs in my last two cars with no issues. Good folks.
XanRules is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XanRules For This Useful Post:
Diode Dynamics (07-01-2016)