follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2016, 10:48 AM   #43
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
It's partially because e-cigs are dumb as balls and some moron/genius/a$$hole decided that it'd be more marketable being flavored and have the e-cigs shaped like bongs, which also helps get around the loophole of marketing to kids like flavored cigarillos. The added bonus being able to be where tobacco products aren't allowed to be.
But what's dumb? Everyone smokes for the nicotine right? So what makes a different delivery system any worse? At least they aren't dirty and smelly. How is it different than liquor vs beer?
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
rosol16 (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 10:49 AM   #44
brz11b

Drives: United States
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm scratching my head that this is real.
brz11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:58 AM   #45
carma143

Drives: Toyota Highlander; Subaru BRZ (SWP)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Whenever I converse with someone who is vaping they end up acting really high, almost like they are on weed.
Maybe the "Vape n' Drive" is why the FRS gets in so many accidents.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #46
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
But what's dumb? Everyone smokes for the nicotine right? So what makes a different delivery system any worse? At least they aren't dirty and smelly. How is it different than liquor vs beer?
To go back to one of your original arguments, it's no more civilized than lighting up a cigarette when someone is sending out a cloud of vapor into your face. With all the ordinances against indoor smoking, anyone that does it in those settings is just being a douche, intentional or not. As for not being dirty and smelly? Not everyone likes the same smells either and I happen to hate a vast majority of air freshener scents. Saying that it's more civilized doesn't make it so. I certainly wouldn't want to be smelling like an air freshener after walking through a cloud of someone's vapor.

Smoking isn't cool anymore, so why should vaping be? Oh right, it smells like roses, looks like a bong pipe/portable hookah, and you can do it everywhere you can't smoke anymore(except you can't)! It's just a fad like Appletini's and Japanese whisky.

If people want to spend their health and money on vaping? More power to'em and I couldn't care less, but I'm not going to stop thinking it's dumb. I feel the same way about razor scooters eventhough they're fun as hell. Now I know how skateboarders feel about rollerbladers.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AznBRZer For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #47
rosol16
Not A Member

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
To answer the OP I as stated by some one else I just put the cupholds in the center all the way to the front and put the box(pen whatever you are vaping with) over the outlet. I put a microfiber cloth in there underneath so that if it leaks I don't get stick juice in my car. It also stops it from moving around as much
rosol16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #48
ThornhillSubaruOwner

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
To go back to one of your original arguments, it's no more civilized than lighting up a cigarette when someone is sending out a cloud of vapor into your face. With all the ordinances against indoor smoking, anyone that does it in those settings is just being a douche, intentional or not. As for not being dirty and smelly? Not everyone likes the same smells either and I happen to hate a vast majority of air freshener scents. Saying that it's more civilized doesn't make it so. I certainly wouldn't want to be smelling like an air freshener after walking through a cloud of someone's vapor.

Smoking isn't cool anymore, so why should vaping be? Oh right, it smells like roses, looks like a bong pipe/portable hookah, and you can do it everywhere you can't smoke anymore(except you can't)! It's just a fad like Appletini's and Japanese whisky.

If people want to spend their health and money on vaping? More power to'em and I couldn't care less, but I'm not going to stop thinking it's dumb. I feel the same way about razor scooters eventhough they're fun as hell. Now I know how skateboarders feel about rollerbladers.

Would you rather smell a cloud of smoke, or a cloud of fruit?

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority prefer the cloud of fruit. Plus you're exaggerating. You don't catch the smell of the vapour by just walking through it.
ThornhillSubaruOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #49
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Drives: '13 FR-S/'96 240SX
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
It's partially because e-cigs are dumb as balls and some moron/genius/a$$hole decided that it'd be more marketable being flavored and have the e-cigs shaped like bongs, which also helps get around the loophole of marketing to kids like flavored cigarillos..
This...this just doesn't make any sense....
murdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdoc For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #50
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornhillSubaruOwner View Post

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority prefer the cloud of fruit. Plus you're exaggerating. You don't catch the smell of the vapour by just walking through it.
Personally, I'd rather smell a cloud of nothing. Like when no one is vaping or smoking around me at all. Vapor doesn't smell bad per se, but it's not totally necessary to vape either. And yes, people do catch the smell of vape just by walking by it. Does it ruin my day? Not even close, but much the same as someone who is bumping the shit out of their stereo, or revving their motorcycle, or wearing tons of crazy perfume/cologne... it's kind of obnoxious. At the same time, we don't live in a bubble and have to contend with other people's habits. Still, I totally understand what @AznBRZer is getting at.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #51
AznBRZer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornhillSubaruOwner View Post

Your question regarding my preference is as absurd as asking me if I would rather have my penis cut off with a dull rusty saw or have a 9lb bowling ball dropped on my left testicle.

Atomized propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin laced with nicotine and food flavoring isn't a "cloud of fruit." It's a pretty disingenuous way of describing it and one could even go as far to say that it's an exaggeration. It's also a lot safer to say that one would prefer neither.

Try again.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #52
AznBRZer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
This...this just doesn't make any sense....
That's because you don't know the history of marketing tobacco products to kids.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #53
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Quote:
That's because you don't know the history of marketing tobacco products to kids.
I'm not sure if you're saying that only children like flavored things or that kids like bongs.

I've also never seen one of these bong shaped vaporizers. The ones that are popular are either shaped like a box or a pen.

What does a bong look like to you, and which e-cigs are shaped like that?
Old 02-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #54
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Here's a few gems...

DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (02-04-2016), go_a_way1 (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #55
murdoc
Sometimes I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Here's a few gems...

Yeah those are pretty nasty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdoc For This Useful Post:
AznBRZer (02-04-2016), DAEMANO (02-04-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #56
AznBRZer

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're saying that only children like flavored things or that kids like bongs.
A simple, "Correct, AznBRZer. I do not know the history of the marketing of tobacco products to kids." would've sufficed.

Quote:
I've also never seen one of these bong shaped vaporizers. The ones that are popular are either shaped like a box or a pen.

What does a bong look like to you, and which e-cigs are shaped like that?
Sorry, I guess I'm not hip to the lingo of illegal activities and various associated paraphernalia. If I called it a hash pipe, would that make you feel better? Or if instead of "e-cig," I called them "battery powered portable handheld nebulizers?"

Quote:
Yeah those are pretty nasty.
Those are the tame ones and it goes far beyond simple advertisements.

Tags
azn whats its face, dumb thread, full agro and butthurt, this gives me cancer