follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Drives: #0239 FRS 10 series silver ignition
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
New FRS owner and stoked on whats to come!

whats going on everyone,
I just recently made the greatest investment I've made yet and I caved and purchased a 2013 FRS 10 series and I'm in love with it already! I've had it for four days now and I can't stop thinking about what to do next! obviously I'm going to do the general maintenance of oils and other fluids as well as my belts, hoses and pumps. anyways, its a 2013 FRS 10 series #0239 in silver ignition with 48,880 on the clock. I previously owned a miata (threw a rod and poof its gone ) and I really didnt want to get rid of it just for the fact that the handling was amazing. little time attacker if you ask me. I did all the work on my own (from oil changes to swapping out my engine) and bonded with it so much. it was hard to let her go anyways, I've had her for four days and checked my engine oil and it was golden so next I will swap my tranny fluid and diff as well to ensure no problem arise (probably haven't been changed since the car was bought). I just installed the Berk dual exhaust muffler delete and I couldnt be more happy! its not the same as my miata exhaust but it definitely puts a smile on my face compared to my stock exhaust at any rate, this is my first post and I just thought I would share my joy and my future plans. I do have one question, HOW DO I FIX THAT TORQUE RESTRICTION BEFORE 4K RPM's?!?!?! its pissin me off hahaha anything is helpful hahaha
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
burningjello

Drives: 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations! For the torque issues you'll need an aftermarket header and tune to fix that.
burningjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningjello View Post
Congratulations! For the torque issues you'll need an aftermarket header and tune to fix that.
thanks man! damn, I kinda figured that... is there any way I can just get a tune and have it lessened at least? or strictly headers and a tune?
Drop in K&N filter, CX Racing oil cooler, Tomei Expreme UEL headers, Invidia N1 Catback, OFT stage 2, Raceland coilovers, stage one Exedy clutch kit, Stoptech drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS street pads
10 series #0239
Old 02-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
burningjello

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo View Post
thanks man! damn, I kinda figured that... is there any way I can just get a tune and have it lessened at least? or strictly headers and a tune?
I'm pretty new myself but I believe tuning with stock header helps things out a tiny bit but not nearly enough. Don't quote me on it though, someone else will definitely chime in shortly. Are you still under warranty?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
I'm pretty new myself but I believe tuning with stock header helps things out a tiny bit but not nearly enough. Don't quote me on it though, someone else will definitely chime in shortly. Are you still under warranty?
alright cool, respect not the dealership warranty but I have warranty for five years for drivetrain and everything like that. it would void my warranty if I flashed my ecu wouldn't it??
10 series #0239
Old 02-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #6
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,675 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I just got mine 3 days ago too! Congrats!!! I've been taking every opportunity to drive it, excited as a little kid, so I know exactly what you mean
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
burningjello

Quote:
alright cool, respect not the dealership warranty but I have warranty for five years for drivetrain and everything like that. it would void my warranty if I flashed my ecu wouldn't it??
Depends on the company but odds are yes it would void the warranty. I've heard mixed responses but I think it's safer to say yes and be happily surprised if it didn't void it. Hope you're enjoying your new ride!
Old 02-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
I just got mine 3 days ago too! Congrats!!! I've been taking every opportunity to drive it, excited as a little kid, so I know exactly what you mean
thanks man! I'm beyond stoked! I just hate being at work because I can't drive it
10 series #0239
Old 02-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Depends on the company but odds are yes it would void the warranty. I've heard mixed responses but I think it's safer to say yes and be happily surprised if it didn't void it. Hope you're enjoying your new ride!
I kinda figured, it was worth a shot definitely, same to you.
10 series #0239
Old 02-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #10
#944_10_Series_FRS

Drives: 2013 10 series FRS #944
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Welcome!

Go visit the member's build journal section and you will be learning tons on how to mod your car and/or how you can burn cash from your wallet.
#944_10_Series_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #11
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by #944_10_Series_FRS View Post
Welcome!

Go visit the member's build journal section and you will be learning tons on how to mod your car and/or how you can burn cash from your wallet.
10 series #0239
Old 02-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
Yanbags

Drives: '17 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Without headers, there's barely a difference in the dyno curve in terms of the torque dip. I can attest to that with my tune - I kind of regret doing it.

Best way to fix the "restriction" is to keep it >4k when you're driving spiritedly or on the track...this car is designed to be driven in the upper RPM band anyway.
Yanbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #13
LowAndSlowBecauseNoTurbo
FRS 10 series #0239

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanbags View Post
Without headers, there's barely a difference in the dyno curve in terms of the torque dip. I can attest to that with my tune - I kind of regret doing it.

Best way to fix the "restriction" is to keep it >4k when you're driving spiritedly or on the track...this car is designed to be driven in the upper RPM band anyway.
I totally understand that hahaha I try and stay above 4k anyways but sometimes when I have someone who can't drive in front of me I can't help but shift in that dip!
10 series #0239
Old 02-16-2017, 08:06 PM   #14
frslee
Just drive it

Drives: 13' FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Dude, your username is so long that it's shifting the column lengths and expanding 'last post' column.

Welcome
frslee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 series, new owner, torque solution