follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2023, 09:53 PM   #1
Bumble_BRZ

Drives: Series.Yellow
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Question Advice on wiring 2017+ vertical DRL?

How should I go about wiring the vertical DRLs to have the same functionality as the boomerangs day/night? (ie. off when handbrake up during day, on as accent light at night)

I looked at the wiring diagram and checked the HLP harness with a multimeter but am unsure of what (if any) wire I should splice into.

The DRL wire (obviously) only has power during daylight but the boomerangs illuminate during night with the power coming from the lo-beam wire (stalk set to auto) or sidemarker wire (stalk set to parking)
Bumble_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 06:58 AM   #2
ajaxburger

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Perf. Pack
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_BRZ View Post
How should I go about wiring the vertical DRLs to have the same functionality as the boomerangs day/night? (ie. off when handbrake up during day, on as accent light at night)

I looked at the wiring diagram and checked the HLP harness with a multimeter but am unsure of what (if any) wire I should splice into.

The DRL wire (obviously) only has power during daylight but the boomerangs illuminate during night with the power coming from the lo-beam wire (stalk set to auto) or sidemarker wire (stalk set to parking)

It doesn't make sense to me that they would switch the power wire for the boomerangs based on headlights on / off.

There's quite a few threads here with the pinouts or it could be worth reaching out to a mfg that makes headlights for your car and asking them for the OEM pinout as I know some need pin swaps to make their headlights work.