follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Ravspec

Just wanted to share my experience so far with Mark @RavSpec

Little background on myself, I suffer from a pretty bad addiction... I'm quite the wheel whore, my Sti swapped wrx has had 23-24 sets of different rims throughout its 5-6 years with me. I buy pretty often here through vendors in the US, and sometimes straight through my friends in Japan. I'm currently deployed overseas and contacting my guys in Japan is extremely difficult, so I decided to go through a US vendor. In all honesty at one point of time in my life I thought to myself that I would probably never buy from Ravspec as the pricing often was higher then the vendor I normally have gone through... This set is something I promised my woman I would keep for the fr-s period so I had to make it count.

The wheels...(sorry no pics or info on them, lol)

I decided I wanted to go one piece, and something that would definitely pop under SWP. So I got the pricing on the wheels in whatever color they had, not bad... I contacted a few local to my area powder coaters in advanced for quotes and threw the numbers together along with the other quote I received from the previous vendor and threw the total cost together along with the burden it would be on my girl or friend to transport the wheels back and forth for coating... Mark immediately responded to me letting me know that they would be willing to get them done locally in their area prior to shipment to not only save me the hassle... But beat the cost substantially with shipping included + lugs. As soon as I read the price, it wasn't even a question whether or not to go a different route... I was pretty ecstatic.

At this point something not so expected came up where I didn't feel too comfortable dropping the full amount for another week or 2 as my finance personnel managed to screw up a few deposits. So I shot Mark an email seeing if I could still get the ball rolling on the powder coating with a little over 35% deposit. He explained that it wasn't a big deal, and we moved forward with it...

Later I remembered that the stickers on the wheels normally come applied to the wheel from the factory and that they would be blasted off the wheel prior to coating. I expressed my concerns as I know they're hell to get if you try ordering online most the time and usually pricey just for simple stickers... Not a issue again, he ensured that they would toss in an extra set after they were done coating. As little as a gesture this seemed, it gave me a ton of relieve as I know I would say I'll order a set of stickers and get side tracked elsewhere and it'd take me months to get the ball rolling on ordering them.

After this, I bugged them randomly about stuff just in anxiety mostly to wanting to see how the finish turned out... Well last night they sent me a picture in an email, and I couldn't be happier! They're amazingly disgusting... lol Made me even more ready to get out this damn desert!

Key points:

- They're the shit
- I bugged them a shit ton
- they hooked me up
- they went beyond my expectations in every category you could think of in customer service. Price, helpfulness, friendliness... Thank you again Mark and you'll see my business again even if it means pissing off the wifey.

***also tell your guys' desk girl I apologize, I called 2-3 times for other things but Skype and my wifi out here at the time was garbage so she couldn't hear a thing from me.

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So you come, make a thread about wheels, then don't show the wheel.... Asshole lol... I'm not sure what's more annoying, vendors that talk about their top secret stuff or members..

I'm going to make a thread, well I ordered this part for the car.. Just wanted to make a thread so I can tell everyone.. I'll post pics and info when it finally comes in..

Instead of just doing that in the first place...

Naw.. I'm fucking with you.. Can't wait to see what you have in store

Oh and.. Stay alert, stay alive... Keep your head down out there in the desert
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
OmarGC (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Lmaooo appreciate it bro

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Asphalt~86
Banned

Drives: Asphalt AT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After seeing a picture of the wheels, the suspense is worth it. They are sick looking.
Asphalt~86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advan, jdm wheel, ravspec, volk, work