follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
James The Giant

Drives: 2013 10 Series Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forced Induction

Hi all.

Been out of the local car scene for some time now... Always been in to cars, but adult life means I can no longer hang out in parking lots all night...

Anyway, I am itching for a supercharger. Nothing crazy, want to keep it as reliable as possible. I can get a killer deal for all the parts online, but wanted to know where you guys go for forced induction installs.

I have used Pure Automotive Performance in the past, and love them. Always received quality work and friendly service. Unfortunately, they don't sell the kit I want. They are willing to install it for me if I supply it, but the labor/tuning cost brings me well above what they quoted me for their kit "out the door"

Who else can you guys recommend I check out if I wanted to shop around? By no means do I want to cut any corners and risk catastrophic engine failure by taking it to somebodies alcoholic uncle who will do it for a case of beer... But I hear its fairly simple, so I'm not sure I need to shell out top dollar at a high performance shop, either...

I'm stuck in the middle between "You get what you pay for" and "I have a budget"
James The Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
VABeachBRZ

Drives: BRZ
I have the JRSC c38 kit for sale with 7xxx miles on it. But mine, have pure or Ptuning install it.

Save money buying the kit semi used lol

But- if buying new, I would go to Ptuning or Moto east. OR buy the kit from CSG on here and have another shop (one mentioned) to install.

Not sure who has the best deal though.
VABeachBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
rns294

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
The going rate to install any SC system that I know of is 600-800 depending on system. I got my JRSC from Moto-East. I already had my tuning done my Mike so I had an ECUtek and the tune update was included with the SC. I personally wouldn't have an aftermarket FI system installed by anyone except PTuning, Pure, or Moto-East unless you DIY it.

You can go to the FI section to learn more about reliability but the general answer for SCs is JRSC or Edelbrock. I've heard Edelbrock is more difficult to install so you'd almost certainly want to pay to have it done.

I did my JRSC over a weekend by myself. I had my wife help take the bumper off and put the belt back on but everything else was me alone.
rns294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #4
toddrs93

Drives: FR-S
I can do it as well. I haven't really posted on here because I just have no time. But make no mistake my shop is highly experienced and knowledgeable. Customers are treated like royalty and prices are fair. I come from a long background of forced induction cars, and we even do in house engine assembly as well as custom fabrication. I frequently pick up the customer cars via trailer and deliver them back as well if needed. Our shop motto is displayed big and bold on the back of our uniforms- QUALITY-INTEGRITY-EXPERIENCE. Let me know, I'd be happy to help in any way. Texting or calling me is most efficient. 301-991-6501
thanks,
Seth
toddrs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
Rifle
EX-86 Supercharged God

Drives: '16 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have the Sprintex 210 Intercooled with the high boost pulley (12psi). Have had it on my car about 16k miles now daily driven - my previous FRS has it for about 10k miles before it was totaled.. so a combined 25-26k miles with the kit.

I purchased my kit from @moto-east and installed myself, both times. Mike and Phil were super quick in being able to get my a really good deal as well as shipping it out. They have constantly provided support for me, either with small questions/etc. I also have had them dyno tune the car several times - for both 93 and E85.

Although I live in Baltimore, it's a worthwhile trek up to PA if I need work done through them.