follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 10-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #1681
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@Tye300, i wanted a tune too but Autoplus was charging me 60k for EcuTek... makes me regret selling my Unichip which i installed in my Jazz but i wanted to try out other tuners so i hope i can find cheaper alternatives but good tuners as well other than A+

@Incognito, yeah, had a hard time too because there are a lot of parts goodluck with your build!

@trustyler, you can also check out Autoplus, had my springs installed there when they installed my rims... set me back 4k thou you can also inquire in Autokozmetix, i think they were charging me around 1.5k but their mechanic is only available during Sundays and i think by schedule
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pcuerpo For This Useful Post:
trustyler (10-31-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #1682
andrewFT86

Drives: dark grey metallic Toyota 86 MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@Tye300, i wanted a tune too but Autoplus was charging me 60k for EcuTek... makes me regret selling my Unichip which i installed in my Jazz but i wanted to try out other tuners so i hope i can find cheaper alternatives but good tuners as well other than A+

@Incognito, yeah, had a hard time too because there are a lot of parts goodluck with your build!

@trustyler, you can also check out Autoplus, had my springs installed there when they installed my rims... set me back 4k thou you can also inquire in Autokozmetix, i think they were charging me around 1.5k but their mechanic is only available during Sundays and i think by schedule
Speedworks and Orange charge 45k for a FI tune. Speedwork charges around 25k for NA tunes. I'm very happy with the Orange Ecutek tune for my Subaru. The AVO base tune on my 86 is also great.

AVO and other vendors on this forum charge less than 40k for the canned/baseline tunes of their FI kits (with license, cable and dongle). You can use this to log and send them feedback. MFB also tunes and has a direct line to AVO.

Open soured tune is another option as well as brzEdit.

For alignment and suspension installation I can say Orange does it best and for a very reasonable price.
andrewFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewFT86 For This Useful Post:
MFB (11-04-2013), trustyler (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #1683
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Thanks! Already looking forward to modding it but it feels like the civic back in the day -- WAY too many bolt-ons and options to consider! I'm already formulating a spreadsheet in my head and going insane with what to go with. Will be visiting the shops listed on the thread this weekend starting with AUTOKOZMETIX and do some initial assessments.
member ka din pala sa tsikot.com, saw your s/n and remembered your thread about your inquiry. anyway join our fb page and look for jeff roxas chua from experience kasi for expensive parts he has the cheapest price. like the kw coils my brother got it from him for 95k only while others sell it 100k+. AUTOKOZMETIX has friendly people naman and usually may 86/brz owner na nag papakabit so when you go there you'll probably meet someone from our group or a fellow owner.

Quote:

if you want an ecutek tune go to orange, if i remember correctly he only charges 25k or 35k ata for brz/86. no offense to autoplus but their prices are pretty high, sometimes a simple install is even more expensive than casa and i would never bring my car there after what happened to my uncles car.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grannyshifter25 For This Useful Post:
trustyler (10-31-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 02:48 AM   #1684
trustyler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpac View Post
Hi
try Fusion R along e rod, after t morato and before balete drive.
Look for OLI.
Called them up. They only have 2 mechanics now and are busy at the moment. They charge 1.5k for the install but say they they don't do alignments for toe and camber.
trustyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:50 AM   #1685
trustyler

Quote:

Does the 1.5k include alignment? I'll try giving them a call too since I prefer Sunday installs too.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:54 AM   #1686
trustyler

Do I need an alignment and toe adjustment after I lower my car or am I just being too picky? If yes, should I do it right away or should I wait a week or so to let it settle. I've never lowered any car before. I'm only lowering mine an inch now because I got bigger wheels with same profile tires so my car got higher by around .75mm so I want to drop it .75mm to an inch because I felt body-roll when I drove mine and my brother's stock one side by side. Plus I have to admit I'm liking the idea of less wheel gap. Hehe.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #1687
TOY 86

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Selling my okuyama/carbing aluminum suction kit only 5k slightly used pm me if interested free shipping
TOY 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #1688
pcuerpo

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@andrewFT86, that 25k if with dyno is not a bad price, thanks for info

@grannyshifter25, parang nakita ko nga sa FB page nila yung 25k for tuning ng 86/BRZ thou i dont know if thats with the dyno already, havent been to their shop din kasi so i dont know if they have a dyno hehe yeah, Autoplus charges a lot, example na lang yung install ng springs

@trustyler, nope, they dont have that in Autokozmetix, even with Autoplus.. you just have to go to Servitek or Bridgestone for alignment, that's what i did after a week i installed it.. regarding alignment, safe to have it checked lalo na if you'll also have rims installed kasi malamang there would be toe alignment
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #1689
trustyler

Quote:
@andrewFT86, that 25k if with dyno is not a bad price, thanks for info

@grannyshifter25, parang nakita ko nga sa FB page nila yung 25k for tuning ng 86/BRZ thou i dont know if thats with the dyno already, havent been to their shop din kasi so i dont know if they have a dyno hehe yeah, Autoplus charges a lot, example na lang yung install ng springs

@trustyler, nope, they dont have that in Autokozmetix, even with Autoplus.. you just have to go to Servitek or Bridgestone for alignment, that's what i did after a week i installed it.. regarding alignment, safe to have it checked lalo na if you'll also have rims installed kasi malamang there would be toe alignment
Ahhh...I thought so. I was hoping to get the installation and alignment in one go (less time wasted and probably a discount if done in the same shop), but I guess it's really best to let the springs settle first.

I was also scared because when I searched the forums everybody that talked about dropping their cars also were talking about the camber kits they bought (expensive). But I have seen just a couple of threads stating that you don't need one if you drop just an inch while others do (maybe because they autoX?).

For those with TRD kits, how much lower did your car's front get? I know the "fangs" protrude more which makes the front appear lower, but how much clearance do you lose under the front bumper?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1690
MFB
Avo Turboworld Phil Rep

Drives: Forester 2009 XT on e85
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Philippines

😎 Message me for special pricing on 86/BRZ na tuning. Also available is the Avo stage 1 map for NA.
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #1691
gpac

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
😎 Message me for special pricing on 86/BRZ na tuning. Also available is the Avo stage 1 map for NA.
Mark,
open source or ecutek?
gpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #1692
Tye300

Drives: Toyota 86 TRD Version AT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I had Speedworks do my tune. They custom tune your car with ecutek on a dyno which is the best way. If you want to try them out I'll pm you their number. 60K for ecutek is too much.
Tye300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #1693
MFB
Avo Turboworld Phil Rep

Drives: Forester 2009 XT on e85
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpac View Post
Mark,
open source or ecutek?
Ecutek and Brzedit are both available. Avo stage maps (ecutek) are complimentary for each turbo kit (stage 1 , 1.5 and 2), comes with dyno runs.

Brzedit tuning costs 25k all in , road with dyno.

Last edited by MFB; 11-01-2013 at 09:58 PM.
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #1694
lexterr

Drives: HANDSOME :D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone here have trd mags?
lexterr is offline   Reply With Quote