follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #883
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
This is the story I've been seeing too often.
You would think they would stop pissing their money away on "fixes".
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #884
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
yeah pretty bummed got my car back and it is cricket free but i am worried for how long...bout to fill up today and i have put on maybe 100 miles since i got it back but still i am worried. they better figure it out..
driftartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #885
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
You would think they would stop pissing their money away on "fixes".
No kidding, it is costing them quite a bit per fix.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #886
Jeong

Drives: pet dragon
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
I called the dealership today and told them the noise is back. I gave them my number to call me when a real fix is available. I'm not wasting my time going back in there again.
hmmm havent checked up on the chirping recently. but last time i checked i thought they had new part numbers for the pump and it was fixed? am i wrong?
Jeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #887
BadMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeong View Post
hmmm havent checked up on the chirping recently. but last time i checked i thought they had new part numbers for the pump and it was fixed? am i wrong?
I went in last Thursday and got all the updated parts. About 300 to 350 miles in and the chirps came back.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #888
Rockdrifter

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Was told by the service writer, even if replaced the noise would still be there. He then asked... Would you like it replaced?

Said hell yea!! Brand new car and this horse sh!t. He said no prob, would you like your oil changed today? Said yes to this too.

Brought up the a/c Chirp. He took note. Brought up the shifting moan when warming up.

8 hours later. They ordered the fuel pump. Didn't change the oil. And the a/c chirp is still there.

So all day to do the last thing I requested and that was to have both doors unlock with one click.

When they call to say the pump is in. I'm demanding a loaner. 4th time I've gone in. I haven't even owned this car for a month yet! Paper tags still
Rockdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #889
BadMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrifter View Post
Was told by the service writer, even if replaced the noise would still be there. He then asked... Would you like it replaced?

Said hell yea!! Brand new car and this horse sh!t. He said no prob, would you like your oil changed today? Said yes to this too.

Brought up the a/c Chirp. He took note. Brought up the shifting moan when warming up.

8 hours later. They ordered the fuel pump. Didn't change the oil. And the a/c chirp is still there.

So all day to do the last thing I requested and that was to have both doors unlock with one click.

When they call to say the pump is in. I'm demanding a loaner. 4th time I've gone in. I haven't even owned this car for a month yet! Paper tags still
May I ask why you would waste your time getting something replaced when the tech told you it won't make a difference? I mean why bother?

I understand its a new car and yeah I'm a bit miffed as well. But I'm certainly not wasting my time. My time is too valuable to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadMoon For This Useful Post:
Eski (01-29-2015)
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #890
s0sl0w
Proud of Boxer

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Has it ever occurred to you, since the chirp is completely non harmful, to just let it be until the car goes in for a major service?

I went by my local Subaru dealer about a month and said "Hey my car has crickets... check your TSB's" So they did, I then told them please take a note of it and when it needs it's first major service they can perform the service then. "Sure thing, just give us a week notice and we'll order the parts in"

It's a non harmful chirp, who really cares? If you requested a loaner car for getting that fixed I'd laugh at you.
s0sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s0sl0w For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (07-01-2013), Marchy (07-01-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #891
Blood

Drives: 2018 STI
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexorcist View Post
I took mine in today for this very thing, the parts are apparently back ordered

I figure if they come back after I get it replaced I am seriously going to look at filing for a lemon law if it has to be done 4 times and still not fixing the issue.

This would hurt the value of the car IMO, guess I will go back to driving STI's if it comes to this.
Filing for lemon law, seriously? Good luck, since Toyota / Subaru have released TSBs stating that the sound is non-detrimental to the performance and non-damaging to the engine, and their lawyers will fight on those points.

If a minor annoyance like this is enough for you to want to get rid of the car, please do, because you clearly don't love the car enough. Buy something like a Prius instead, you'll be much happier that way.

The sound is only mildly annoying after spirited driving because it's decently loud on the old version of the pump, but I love my BRZ way too much to even consider filing "lemon law" or trading it in. If the revised pump makes the sound more subtle like others have said, then it's good enough for me. And if the revised pump makes no difference at all, then oh well, it was worth a shot. The car is still amazing fun and a chirping noise isn't going to change my love for this car.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blood For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (07-09-2013), Marchy (07-01-2013), s0sl0w (07-01-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #892
jazztennor

Drives: Scion FR-s
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
got mine fixed and about 200 miles there back and think there louder now.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #893
JDM FRS

Drives: Scion FRS(Whiteout)
Garage
If people don't keep bugging them about the fix not working then they won't ever change the "fix". So I personally will not just stand idly by and ignore the sound. The sound wasn't there in the test drive, so it shouldn't be there a month later.
JDM FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDM FRS For This Useful Post:
Brimford (06-29-2013), chenshuo (06-29-2013), civicdrivr (06-29-2013), Razz (07-01-2013), roddy (07-01-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #894
Rockdrifter

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
May I ask why you would waste your time getting something replaced when the tech told you it won't make a difference? I mean why bother?

I understand its a new car and yeah I'm a bit miffed as well. But I'm certainly not wasting my time. My time is too valuable to me.
Your time must be extremely valuable then. I find my time just as valuable as the next. But I also care for the car I just bought. I'm not going to just let a service writer tell me what to do with my car.

But again if your one of the millions of people that go around being told what to do with the things you work hard to buy. Then by all means, hold your head up high and think your better off listening instead of acting.

But I'll be the 1st guy that drives by laughing when your car is broke on the side of the road/track cause you listened to a service writer who knows squat about the noise you heard.
Rockdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #895
BadMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrifter View Post
Your time must be extremely valuable then. I find my time just as valuable as the next. But I also care for the car I just bought. I'm not going to just let a service writer tell me what to do with my car.

But again if your one of the millions of people that go around being told what to do with the things you work hard to buy. Then by all means, hold your head up high and think your better off listening instead of acting.

But I'll be the 1st guy that drives by laughing when your car is broke on the side of the road/track cause you listened to a service writer who knows squat about the noise you heard.
K good luck with that.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #896
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I've had a HPFP replaced at my last three oil changes. Since I usually just drop the car off in the morning, get a shuttle to work, I don't mind doing however many replacement it takes to make it right.
dsgerbc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsgerbc For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (06-29-2013), JDM FRS (06-29-2013)