follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #463
LeeLeeTee

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pre-ordered on March 07

Name: Lili
Trim: Premium M/T

Color: Galaxy Blue
Option:
Dealer: Subaru Costa Mesa
Comments:
#2 on the pre-order list at this dealership, which they are only doing 5-10 pre-orders total!

P.S. newbie in the forum
LeeLeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #464
Subaruwrxfan

Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I thought Zaku said new stats would be coming yesterday? I'm curious to see if the distributions have changed much
Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #465
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Name: Extreme86
Trim: Limited, 6MT
Color: Satin White Pearl
Option: None
Dealer: North Park Subaru
Comments: MSRP / no dealer add ons, Refundable Deposit. #11 on list as of 3/21.

Subaru will send an email to customers to notify of the vehicle production date when it occurs. Very good experience dealing with North Park Subaru. Upfront and honest.

Salesman said they expect a BRZ to come to the dealership near future for pre-order customers to check out. They intend to contact all of us when they find out the scheduled date.
Extreme86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #466
brianbot5000

Drives: White WRX Hatchback, Toyota Pickup
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Name: Brian
Trim: Limited M/T
Color: Sterling Silver
Option: Auto-dim/Homelink Mirror
Dealer: Carter Subaru, Shoreline
Comments: I'm 35 and I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas!
brianbot5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #467
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Name: NYC BRZ
Trim: Limited - 6M
Color: Galaxy Blue Silica
Option: None (adding ADM and woofer later)
Dealer: Fred Beans Subaru
Comments: #1 on the list paying MSRP no markup! Excellent and honest dealership. The Internet Mgr Dan Agee rocks!

Last edited by NYC BRZ; 03-23-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Added dealer comment
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #468
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC BRZ View Post
Name: NYC BRZ
Trim: Limited - 6M
Color: Galaxy Blue Silica
Option: None (adding ADM and woofer later)
Dealer: Fred Beans Subaru
Comments: #1 on the list paying MSRP no markup! Excellent and honest dealership. The Internet Mgr Dan Agee rocks!
Very awesome dealership to work with. I was sad to see someone else in the area was getting GBS but looks like you're in new york

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #469
racerkyo
XIII

Drives: 98 Supra na auto
Name: Minh
Trim: Premium Manual

Color: Black
Option: None
Dealer: Carter Subaru
Comments: MSRP no more and no less. $500 deposit. ~#13
racerkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #470
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaruwrxfan View Post
I thought Zaku said new stats would be coming yesterday? I'm curious to see if the distributions have changed much
I'm waiting for some confirmations from some people who may or may not have ordered or changed their minds and cancelled, or changed the color on their preorder. Sorry for the delay.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #471
mdr

Drives: 13 BRZ (ordered), 92 Integra GSR
Name: Mark
Trim: Limited AT
Color: WR Blue
Option: Home Link Mirror
Dealer: Ontario Subaru
Comments:Pricing MSRP

Supposedly dealer allocation 12 cars. All spoken for.

Dealership does have a Limited WR blue Manual in showroom until Monday.

I went by and sat in it last night. I have sat in the FRS as well at the Scion measuring session and the Suby interior is must more tasteful IMO.
mdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #472
Subaruwrxfan

Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
I'm waiting for some confirmations from some people who may or may not have ordered or changed their minds and cancelled, or changed the color on their preorder. Sorry for the delay.
Fair enough, thanks for all your work.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #473
hooge

Drives: 98 civic b-18 swap, JRSC.
Shawn
Limited 6M

WRB
Option: N/A
Dealer: Subaru Calgary
Comments:
Didn't have the brochure when I went in, haven't covered options etc.
hooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #474
iwantmybrz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB Stick
2013 BRZ Pre-Order

Name: Cobra Joe
Trim: Limited, 6SP Stick
Color: WR Blue
Option: Auto Dim Mirror Compass w/ Homelink, Cargo tray Black, Wheel Lock Kit
Dealer: Manchester Subaru
Comments: Total Dealer Allocation of BRZs for Manchester Subaru (#3 volume dealer in the country, #1 in New England) for May-Nov is 49 units. Although I live in CT, I chose Manchester Subie based on this allocation number, their stellar reputation and the fact the BRZ salesperson, Gary Smith, is a gearhead rally racer himself who blogs and is in step with current BRZ and FR-S events. I’ve been watching the development and waiting for this car for over 2-years and saving my pennies ever since. I recently sold two cars to put toward the purchase of the BRZ and wanted to be as sure as I can be to grab one of the first units available, but didn’t want to pay over MSRP for it. I had a deposit with a local dealer who claimed that the buzz on the Internet concerning allocations, accessories, pricing and delivery dates was all a bunch of BS. I even forwarded him the “Price, Features, Allocations, Production Numbers, Spec. [v1.08]” document from this site which he laughed off as “a total fabrication”. That’s when I decided to cancel my order with him and place one with Gary at Manchester Subie. Gary even agreed to meet me halfway (it’s about 180 miles total) to deliver the car as needed. He also confirmed the accessory pricing as accurate and took my pre-order including the accessories I wanted on my car although was only able to more or less confirm an under 30k total price for the car loaded as I want it, which is basically what I expected to pay. Gary confirmed that I’m the first to order the Limited in WRB with a Stick from his dealership so I’ll be sure to get their first one of the 49 total units they have coming. I’m much more confident that I’ll get the car I want, optioned how I want it, from their very first shipment at the price expect to pay than with any other dealership I spoke with. Gary even offered to keep me in the loop by providing the specific shipping and delivery timetables as they are provided to him by SOA. Really gave me the warm and fuzzies unlike any of the other dealers I had been speaking with. Manchester Subaru also has a policy of beating any other Subaru dealer’s price by $250 for similar models so I plan on taking that gimmie and putting it toward my transportation expenses. I’m a mature buyer, and over the years I've been fortunate enough to have had many new car buying experiences, unfortunately many bad ones. The cars I’ve bought new included several Toyota GTS’s, Supras (including the Turbo) and Cobra Mustangs. These were all high demand cars, which dealers ended up trying to tack on crazy additional costs and premiums in order to make even more money with these seller’s market cars, usually on the day I went to pick it up. On one purchase in particular, I had driven hundreds of miles with another driver to pick up my new car and got into a pissing contest with the Sales Manager as the salesman quoted me, in email writing, for the car including floor mats which the dealer was insisting I pay an extra $95 for. In addition, I had decided to finance about half the cost of the car due to the terrific rate the salesman offered me but as I was signing the documents, I noticed the interest rate was substantially higher that what the salesman had quoted me. I had to threaten them with a BBB complaint and negative blogging after the Manager said he didn’t like my attitude and wasn’t going to sell me the car. They sold it to me, gave me the floor mats but said there was nothing they could do about the interest rate as the salesman’s quote was “just an estimate”. Real Sleazeballs! With all the hype on the BRZ / FR-S (justified in my opinion), I anticipate this car to be one of the highest demand, shortest supply cars in the under 30k price range I’ve ever wanted to buy. This will certainly bring out the absolute worst in dealers as they try to leverage each car into the highest possible profit stratosphere. Think of this as a “buyer beware” purchase, so for you first timers out there, don’t get bullied by your dealer or caught with your pants down. Make sure you get everything in writing, lock in your financing and ALL COSTS and then confirm the total deal with the dealership’s owner or manager. Many dealers are simply numb to the fact the we’re plunking down our life savings and/or embarking on a 5-year loan for this single purchase and they treat you like you’re buying a new washer/dryer combo, trying to sell you a maintenance agreement to make their quota and an extra spiff in their paycheck. Sorry about going on and on but if this helps one person not get taken advantage of, it was worth it. Happy motoring! – Cobra Joe.

Last edited by iwantmybrz; 03-25-2012 at 03:27 PM.
iwantmybrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #475
Smudgeous

Drives: 2013 WRB 6MT BRZ Ltd.
Garage
Name: Smudgeous
Trim: Limited, 6MT
Color: World Rally Blue
Option: Auto-dim mirror (without HomeLink)
Dealer: Mastro Subaru
Comments: Not adding to MSRP. Was told there are only 2 preorders left (of the 10 total the dealer allocation thread states).
Smudgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #476
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmybrz View Post
Comments:

{snip}

Also from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the...eb-writing.htm

Quote:
Occasional use of bold, italic or underline are welcome, but overuse is highly unrecommended. Highlighting particular key phrases or words is helpful, but employing this technique too frequently tends to dilute the effectiveness and make the content generally unappealing.
Deslock is offline   Reply With Quote