follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
Dom_J

Drives: BRZ, E63 AMG, Lancer, Integra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6266 FA20 [Questions]

Afternoon FT86 Club,

I have a few parts laying around from a turbo Integra project & I'm getting the itch for something special. First a foremost, I love the platform, I bought it solely because Toyabaru recreated the ITR to the "T" and only a purist could appreciate they made it right-wheel-drive this time. It's crazy to hear people complaining about the power but to this day if an ITR pulls into a meet, its the holy grail lol enough on that....

"Universal" parts laying around:

-Billet wheel, ball bearing 6266 T4
-Treadstone Intercooler 30x10.5x4.5
-TRE performance 2000cc injectors
-Dual Walbro E85 450lph pumps

Now, this turbo is on the large side as the Integra's primary focus was straight line orientation. In my head if I'd ever have to have the perfect combo on power in this platform it'd 260whp/260wtq in a supercharger type of config only because I know the powerband would add for loads of fun, I know because my Ion Redline was a blast, I won't use another "heaton" though >.< maybe TVS but I'm deviating again...

Before I embark on this journey....Any of you guys running similar setups? I honestly don't trust pump gas on 4-cylinders past 450whp and I'm not sure if I want to deal with the hassle of E85 just yet. I enjoy being able to get gas in an abundance of locations lol

This really wasn't my plan but I'm not so sure on what I want to do with the teggy & the parts are here. We got 700whp out of this turbo & I really don't want that type of power for the FA20(as odd as that sounds). I really do enjoy the car, it's just intriguing on watching what they are capable of.

-Engine management suggestions(user friendly as I tune my own cars)?
-Which fuel injectors can I run?
-Any 6266 setups?(I would google but limited to my work computer restrictions right now & I know that's classified as pRon, probably why nothing came up lol)

Last edited by Dom_J; 05-18-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Dom_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #2
#maverick#

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GP (SOLD), 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Stock ecu with ecutek. I made 460whp on e85 on stock motor for 10k miles on a 5858. I will be on a 6466 this year
SoCal80six (05-26-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #3
Dom_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by #maverick# View Post
Stock ecu with ecutek. I made 460whp on e85 on stock motor for 10k miles on a 5858. I will be on a 6466 this year
Thanks for that, I did end up searching through your threads, sick build. Love what your doing with the platform. Fuel wise, which injectors played nice with the Ecutek and have you ran into fuel issues. This direct injection is a new frontier for me at the moment.
#maverick# (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #4
spitfire481

Drives: 2JZ FRS
Thanked 1,354 Times in 621 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
you're going to need to run basically a complete new fuel system to take advantage of that turbo. as well as a motor and trans lol.

for a stock motor, a walbro 485 drop in, 1000cc's, e85 and ecutek will be enough to get you to the point where you roll the dice every time you make a pull in the car as to weather or not the motor will pop or keep going
@spitfire481
spitfire481 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spitfire481 For This Useful Post:
#maverick# (05-20-2016), Sportsguy83 (05-23-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
#maverick#

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GP (SOLD), 2014 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom_J View Post
Thanks for that, I did end up searching through your threads, sick build. Love what your doing with the platform. Fuel wise, which injectors played nice with the Ecutek and have you ran into fuel issues. This direct injection is a new frontier for me at the moment.
Thanks, I had good luck with ID1000s and a DW 65c 265lph pump when I was stock motor. Going with ID17000s now. I can imagine tuning a car like this definitely has a learning curve. Honestly, Id say get 5858, it will be much better suited for a stock motor like spitfire said
Old 05-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #6
tumbla.jr
taicho

Drives: The rEd Fr-S
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Man stuff that thing in there I had the same turbo Just v-band and bb.

tumbla.jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:23 AM   #7
Dom_J

Nice! Appreciate the input fellas, I think I got a little excited and forgot the block I pulled this from was fully sleeves built for a 1000, I talked to full blown today as well as they helped me with the teggy a few times and they pretty much reaffirmed putting the big numbers down on the dyno vs the street/track is night & day as lots of things start breaking after a certain point haha.

#2, this turbo doesn't even like to play under 20 psi >.< I'm just excited to follow you guys builds though. So much potential in these cars, I guess I'll start collecting parts until the time is right. Keep the boost coming!