follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #4999
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
The release notes on viscontiflash.zendesk.com go up to 1.11b1
Ah yes, for E85 - I see that now. I'm still on Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposed View Post
It's on the Visconti Tuning facebook page. The latest thing I also saw was on March 28th he states that the AFE intake tune has been updated. I will be sending in a ticket for that tonight.
Good catch. I've got the aFe as well, but I don't think that aFe update was released yet as I had been in contact with him after that.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #5000
CBR600RR

Drives: Raven Black
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Any word on if/when e85 and pumpgas will be on the same tune again (without flexfuel)?

Also; why has the auto-blip feature been taken off the tunes?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #5001
akuhei

Drives: Raven M/T FR-S
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
Also; why has the auto-blip feature been taken off the tunes?
It was/is considered a little dangerous because it is hard to control when it blips, which could cause a blip when you dont want it (particularly when you are exiting on a highway off-ramp). It seems a lot of people didnt particularly like the feature anyway. It is still available upon request.

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"
Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #5002
Symbiont
Tall guys fit, too.

Drives: BRZ Premium 6MT (SWP)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I haven't been keeping up on things; is there a changelog or updated dyno, etc.? I'm not too sure what has been changed in each tune.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #5003
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I haven't been keeping up on things; is there a changelog or updated dyno, etc.? I'm not too sure what has been changed in each tune.
Change Log has always been in my ticket system..

-John
Old 04-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #5004
Symbiont
Tall guys fit, too.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Change Log has always been in my ticket system..

-John
Oh, I'm sorry, I have been very out of touch. Selling a house, buying a new one, lost my laptop that had all that stuff bookmarked. I've been very out of the loop. I'm sure you've been keeping it up to date
Old 04-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #5005
Symbiont
Tall guys fit, too.

Garage
Oh, the traction control wasn't activating properly... that explains a lot.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #5006
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ordered a Perrin CAI. Really excited to see the overall difference from stock with a custom tune.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #5007
Szippy

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OK, I have searched are read the FAQs...but not sure how I can load my E85 tune AND my STG1 Pumpgas tune...so I can switch back\forth with map switching. Search has turned up lots of info on differences in maps being features or changing minor config items...but not that for example Map 1=pumpgas, Map 2=E85, Map 3=E70, Map 4=stock. Am I missing something? I really appreciate the help for a NOOB to flashing.

FWIW, I had no problems flashing the STG1 tune. But my car is on "E" right now and I would really like to load the E85 tune (via map switching)...after I drive to the station on my ~93 pumpgas.

I totally understand HOW to do the map switching (with the CC stalk)...just not seeing how to LOAD\FLASH to enable it.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Szippy
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #5008
LeavingNormal
FRS2DTH

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szippy View Post
OK, I have searched are read the FAQs...but not sure how I can load my E85 tune AND my STG1 Pumpgas tune...so I can switch back\forth with map switching. Search has turned up lots of info on differences in maps being features or changing minor config items...but not that for example Map 1=pumpgas, Map 2=E85, Map 3=E70, Map 4=stock. Am I missing something? I really appreciate the help for a NOOB to flashing.

FWIW, I had no problems flashing the STG1 tune. But my car is on "E" right now and I would really like to load the E85 tune (via map switching)...after I drive to the station on my ~93 pumpgas.

I totally understand HOW to do the map switching (with the CC stalk)...just not seeing how to LOAD\FLASH to enable it.

Thanks,

Szippy
As far as I know that feature isn't currently active. You still have to change tunes everytime no on the fly map switching yet, I think it's because it resets everytime u restart the car.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #5009
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
It used to be like that in the beginning. It is now seperated. His flex fuel kit will solve the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #5010
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szippy View Post

Thanks,

Szippy
Hey Szippy -

These guys are on the right track but let me shed a little more light on it. Every time you cycle the ignition, the car reverts to whatever is in Map 1. The problem with this is 100% safety concerns. If you've got the pumpgas map loaded into Map 1, and then let's say hypothetically like you described, you've got the e85 map in Map 2, and e70 in Map 3, and then you fill the tank with e85 and switch to Map 2.. technically you should be fine right? You would be IF you remembered 100% of the time to switch to the appropriate map every single time you cycled the ignition/turned your car on. We realize that sounds simple enough, and I'm sure 99.9% of the time, everyone would remember. But that 1 time out of 1,000 when "someone" forgets to switch, could be enough to blow the engine and create a VERY unhappy customer.

As we've stated since the beginning; safety is, and will always be the top priority with our calibrations. And until we're able to build in a failsafe or automatic Map switching mechanism (and it's in the works), we just can't load both e85 and pumpgas calibrations on the same flash. We know how eagerly people are waiting for this capability, and this thread will literally be the first to know when we make this functionality available. Until then, trust me.. we feel your pain. But we'd much rather have you deal with this inconvenience for the time being, rather than the (albeit small) possibility of dealing with the MUCH BIGGER problems forgetting to switch maps could create. Does that make sense?

It's in the works! We want to give you guys a "turn-it and drive-it" solution no matter what fuel/blend is in your tank, and that's what we'll deliver.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich@ViscontiTuning For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (04-21-2013), tripjammer (04-24-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #5011
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@ViscontiTuning View Post
Hey Szippy -

Were working on a flex fuel solution.

It's in the works! We want to give you guys a "turn-it and drive-it" solution no matter what fuel/blend is in your tank, and that's what we'll deliver.
Seriously though what's going on with the flex fuel solution, that thread is dead and as much as I try I can't get Visconti to give any more info, I'm just inquiring because I really, REALLY wanna throw money at you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (04-24-2013)
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #5012
Szippy

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Seriously though what's going on with the flex fuel solution, that thread is dead and as much as I try I can't get Visconti to give any more info, I'm just inquiring because I really, REALLY wanna throw money at you guys.
Agree with this...I waited and waited and just had to pull the trigger on the tune before this was ready...because I just cannot stand it anymore. I did however think that the map switching to different tunes (as opposed to different features of the same tune) was still possible. Oh well, guess I just have to take the laptop to the station with me....for now...and make sure I don't get to close to empty on the E85 that it is critical to fill up somewhere else that doesn't have it.

Please hurry on the "real-time" flex fuel solution!

Thanks,

FR-Szippy
The Following User Says Thank You to Szippy For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (04-24-2013)

Closed Thread