follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #533
vladniko86

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSK View Post
you basically just started your own eBay lmao

True but it's going to someone in our community ya know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vladniko86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:38 PM   #534
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
you basically just started your own eBay lmao
Sure, as long as other for sale threads are considered our own Craigslists, then yeah that works

Seriously though, I've benefited from this forum community over the years and I've always tried to contribute back and I've gone out of my way to help individual members with information, guidance, manual labor (I've offered the use of my driveway, tools, and physical ability to help work on other members' cars), etc. I'm no longer a BRZ owner but I still hang out here . Yeah, I can dump my wheels and Vortech on eBay or Craigslist and be done with it, but at this point I'm basically giving the stuff away - there doesn't seem to be a strong interest in these items, but I figured someone here would be happy to take them off my hands for a few bucks, so here it is. Someone gets a decent set of gear and I get to buy some cold beer. Win-win.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #535
LSK

Drives: BRZ Limited w/Performance Package
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
would that sweeten the pot if I offered a case of cold beer with my offer?

Lets say, $200 and a case of your choice.
Foobar (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #536
Pgh_Area

Drives: '14 Ultramarine Fr-S
Garage
I'm interested in the vortech sc. Did you have pics of it posted anywhere? Offering $250 picked up or more shipped (if willing to ship)
Pgh_Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #537
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh_Area View Post
I'm interested in the vortech sc. Did you have pics of it posted anywhere? Offering $250 picked up or more shipped (if willing to ship)
I thought I had it in my classified thread but I guess not - let me dig it up after I get off work, it's a 6 year old system, so it'll have paint fade on the intercooler and some scratches on the pipes wherever it made contact with other metals. No dents or anything like that.

This is going to be pick up only, I'm just getting rid of stuff that is taking up space with the least amount of effort as I am not making money here.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #538
Joon525

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
OK guys - I still have these Weds TC105N's with S.Drives, TPMS sensors, hubcentric caps, and tuner lugs that I couldn't sell for even $800 local pickup.

At this point they're just taking up space and I just want them to be used by someone that could benefit them.

Highest offer I receive (post it here so people can see) by 11:59:59 PM Sunday (the 15th of September, 2019) gets to pick them up. Hell offer me a buck and take em if nobody else offers higher!

Also have a Vortech supercharger kit that I'll do the same deal for. Hell take them both at the same time, I don't care, it's just taking up space.

Pics of the wheels are http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135818

Central Long Island, North Shore.

Edit: added time to be specific - highest bid received by end of Sunday.
If those weren't staggered I would've picked them up long ago.
Best of luck though! I've been where you are in terms of clearing out space. I've even given stuff away.
Joon525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joon525 For This Useful Post:
Foobar (09-10-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #539
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
I've gotten questions about the wheels and Vortech kit, so allow me to elaborate here for everyone interested:

The wheels are perfectly functional - they all have a bit of rash - 3 are minor, 1 has a regular ol curb hit. None of them are dented or have leaks. I priced out how much it would be to have the most significant one repaired and I was quoted $100 if I brought it to them, or $175 if they came out to me. Not sure how much the little ones would cost or if there is a volume discount to get all 4 done at once. You'll need to check with your wheel repair service if this is something you're interested in. Or just leave them as is, like I said - they are perfectly functional. The pictures are in the original post if you want to see and I can always send more. The tires have about 25% tread left I would say, I can put a micrometer on them and report back with exact depth. The TPMS sensors are all functional, I'll provide all the sensor ID's so that you can get them programmed in by your local wheel place, Subie/Toyota dealer, or friend with an ATEQ tool. The aluminum center caps are custom made anodized hubcentric rings that double as caps - a member had them custom fabbed and sold a set several years ago. They could use a new layer of paint, wrap, powdercoat, or whatever your preference is - they started out black but have faded into more of a bronzeish black. The tuner lug nuts are black aluminum and come with a key socket.

The Vortech kit is completely functional, it is the V3 model with the standard pulley. The kit has 24K miles on it over 6 years and this car was my daily driver (mostly to the train station since I took the train in to work every day). This is complete but you'll need your own tuning solution (ECUTek or OFT) and an appropriate tune. I'll provide a 2.5 BAR as well as a 3 BAR MAP sensor. Use whichever one you prefer, I had two because my first tuner provided the 3 BAR and my second tuner tuned for 2.5. You'll also need a windshield washer reservoir replacement from Vortech or another 3rd party as the stock kit is HUGE and blocks intercooler pipes on the driver side. These sell for around $159 new.

Whoever provides the highest bid (wheels and Vortech will be considered separately) by a post on this thread before the system timestamp rolls over to Monday, September 16th (in other words posted by 11:59:59 PM Sunday the 15th) gets to pick up their respective item won (or both if they happened to be high bid on each. Only the highest received by the deadline counts, so if you want to raise your bid, go for it - you're only limited by the timeline and your sanity.

OK, that all said - I'm basically giving these away and having a bit of fun while we're at it. I priced these originally at very competitive prices for local pickup and didn't get much interest, so these shouldn't sell for very much! Don't get caught up in the hype of bidding and spend too much. For reference, these did not sell at $800 for the wheels and $2K for the SC kit. The wheels primarily didn't sell because these are a staggered set and most people looking at Weds TC105N's are going for light weight track wheels (which these are) but they require a square setup. The Vortech primarily didn't sell because installing an FI system is a huge pain in the ass and if you're going to rip apart your bumper and engine bay, you're probably going to want to go all out and turbo the thing. That said, it doesn't take a lot of power to make this car really what it should have been from the factory. A supercharger will do plenty without changing the driving experience negatively. Is it worth it to have? Yes. Is it worth the amount of effort/cost to install? That's a tougher question to answer. I installed it myself over a weekend 6 years ago. Would I do it again today? No, I would have just bought a more expensive, powerful car that does it out of the gate, like the Cayman. But I make twice what I made when I bought the car originally, so my outlook on that has changed significantly.

OK enough of this - anyone else have any other questions, let me know. I'll get pictures up of the supercharger kit tonight - I didn't get around to it last night, sorry!

EDIT: Pictures of Vortech

Last edited by Foobar; 09-12-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 09-15-2019, 09:08 PM   #540
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Less than three hours left on this Vortech and Weds TC105N's, as I see it, Vortech's got $250 and Weds at $200 and a case of beer

I'll respond to the high bidder(s) tomorrow morning and we can make arrangements for when you can pick it up.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #541
vladniko86

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Less than three hours left on this Vortech and Weds TC105N's, as I see it, Vortech's got $250 and Weds at $200 and a case of beer

I'll respond to the high bidder(s) tomorrow morning and we can make arrangements for when you can pick it up.

That $200 was for the Weds? Thought it was on the supercharger

vladniko86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #542
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladniko86 View Post
That $200 was for the Weds? Thought it was on the supercharger

Hmm you may be right, if that's the case it's only $50 for the wheels!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:14 PM   #543
flamingdrumz97

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Tristate Area F/S F/T thread

Quote:
would that sweeten the pot if I offered a case of cold beer with my offer?

Lets say, $200 and a case of your choice.

Is it this for the wheels or the supercharger?

flamingdrumz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:58 PM   #544
flamingdrumz97

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
I'll bid on the wheels for $75!
flamingdrumz97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:59 PM   #545
KxngCorey

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S