follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Drives: 2017 Crystal White BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stay Fresh Car Care Review (Quick Summary)

So I ordered a bunch of products from these guys. Yes I could go to Crappy Tire or somewhere local in Canada and pick up the usual brand names on sale. These guys just started out in 2012 and I figured "hey, why not give the startups a hand and give the product a try, can't hurt." So that's what I did. Received all my stuff this morning and washed and waxed away on my car before work.
I have to say that the Shampoo, Restore and Brilliance Glaze is phenomenal. I don't have a polisher so I bought the hex pads to do all of it by hand and it works so well, despite me being a pretty big rookie when it comes to restoring the paint.
All in all, not only do these guys have a great product, but they stand behind it, and have amazing customer service. From here on out, will be purchasing their products.
Wilso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilso For This Useful Post:
chaosxgr (05-23-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Guzic
Clean as F86ck

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
So I ordered a bunch of products from these guys. Yes I could go to Crappy Tire or somewhere local in Canada and pick up the usual brand names on sale. These guys just started out in 2012 and I figured "hey, why not give the startups a hand and give the product a try, can't hurt." So that's what I did. Received all my stuff this morning and washed and waxed away on my car before work.
I have to say that the Shampoo, Restore and Brilliance Glaze is phenomenal. I don't have a polisher so I bought the hex pads to do all of it by hand and it works so well, despite me being a pretty big rookie when it comes to restoring the paint.
All in all, not only do these guys have a great product, but they stand behind it, and have amazing customer service. From here on out, will be purchasing their products.
When I first tried out their products, you could instantly tell the products were different than other companies. Each polish had it's own texture and worked differently when applied. How many suds did you get with the shampoo as I still have'nt tried it but will be ordering it in my next order soon.
Guzic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guzic For This Useful Post:
chaosxgr (05-23-2014), Wilso (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzic View Post
When I first tried out their products, you could instantly tell the products were different than other companies. Each polish had it's own texture and worked differently when applied. How many suds did you get with the shampoo as I still have'nt tried it but will be ordering it in my next order soon.
I have a 2.5 gallon bucket and I use about an ounce and a half of soap. I put the soap in first, then almost froth it with the water. It gave me a decent amount of suds but it was almost milky when I filled it to the top which is almost the same as the high end stuff I used when I worked for Acura. Soap is really good
Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Fresh Car Care View Post
Glad we can help

We are shipping your new order out tomorrow first thing. We will be adding our prototype paste sealant in for you free of charge.

David
Woohoo!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Fresh Car Care View Post
You better be doing a two bucket wash!

http://www.stayfreshcarcare.com/#!Tw...3-0E0DAE5FC2B4
Well... um... I will be now!
Stay Fresh Car Care (05-22-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #6
Guzic
Clean as F86ck

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
Well... um... I will be now!
2 bucket wash with grit guards reduces potential swirls by around 95%
Guzic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guzic For This Useful Post:
Chattanooga FR-S (05-23-2014), Stay Fresh Car Care (05-23-2014), Wilso (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
chaosxgr

Drives: Scion FRS Monogram
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks @Wilso and @Guzic for the information. Can't wait to order some of your products @Stay Fresh Car Care.
chaosxgr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaosxgr For This Useful Post:
Guzic (05-26-2014), Stay Fresh Car Care (05-23-2014), Wilso (05-23-2014)
Old 05-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosxgr View Post
Thanks @Wilso and @Guzic for the information. Can't wait to order some of your products @Stay Fresh Car Care.
No problem! Definitely worth it..

SO I was driving home in the rain and through a construction site.. rain stopped and the water beaded off like I've never ever seen before. Minimal dirt and 0 water left over after the run on the highway.. This was only a small coat of the Brilliant Glaze, without the Preserve Wax on it O_O I'm in love!
Stay Fresh Car Care (05-24-2014)