follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #1247
JOMO422

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I do!
JOMO422 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JOMO422 For This Useful Post:
Texas BRZ (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #1248
Aleksey

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello

Wanted to say Hi,
Just picked up myself a 2013 brz. lots of fun working the short gears. hope to lear more on this forum.

Name:  IMG_6637_small.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  488.3 KB
Aleksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #1249
cliff p.

Drives: '15 BRZ series.Blue
Hi!

Took possession of my '15 BRZ series.Blue in SWP just last week!

This makes Subaru #4 for me in just a few short years. I sold my Saabaru in order to purchase a truck, but sold the truck 1 year to the day later for the BRZ.

Just couldn't stay away long.

I'll get some pics up once I clean her up. The dealer detailed it, and it rained as I was driving home not even a half hour later! HA!
cliff p. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #1250
Elkton86er

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB AT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hi there!

Been lurking here for a while - picked up a lot of good info. Thanks especially for the service manual! I have a 2014 WRB AT, one year old this month and just over 11,000 miles at this point.

I still take advantage of any possible excuse to drive the car...
Old 10-28-2014, 11:49 PM   #1251
AlanKent

Drives: BRZ
Been looking for a BRZ for a while. I finally took the plunge and got a great deal on a 2013 Limited Dark Grey Metallic! I have lots of questions so please bear with me if I get to asking what has already been discussed. Sometimes the search function is not my friend, lol.
AlanKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #1252
pf330ci

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've been on here for a couple of weeks. But thought I'd stop in to say hey!

Any Nashville 86's around?

pf330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 AM   #1253
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksey View Post
Wanted to say Hi,
Just picked up myself a 2013 brz. lots of fun working the short gears. hope to lear more on this forum.
Nice image... Car and color really pops.

Agreed, the short gears really make this fun and enjoyable to drive while keeping the driver involved often.

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff p. View Post
Hi!

Took possession of my '15 BRZ series.Blue in SWP just last week!

This makes Subaru #4 for me in just a few short years. I sold my Saabaru in order to purchase a truck, but sold the truck 1 year to the day later for the BRZ.

Just couldn't stay away long.

I'll get some pics up once I clean her up. The dealer detailed it, and it rained as I was driving home not even a half hour later! HA!
Welcome back to a Subaru. This is actually my first vehicle of the brand, and I'm sure it should be a good one.

Hope you enjoy your new S.B. to the absolute fullest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkton86er View Post
Hi there!

Been lurking here for a while - picked up a lot of good info. Thanks especially for the service manual! I have a 2014 WRB AT, one year old this month and just over 11,000 miles at this point.

I still take advantage of any possible excuse to drive the car...
Wow, you got a head start on us new guys... I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from the year of your ownership.

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKent View Post
Been looking for a BRZ for a while. I finally took the plunge and got a great deal on a 2013 Limited Dark Grey Metallic! I have lots of questions so please bear with me if I get to asking what has already been discussed. Sometimes the search function is not my friend, lol.
No worries and welcome. You can always do a google search with your question along with 'ft86club' and perhaps a list of previous topics and answers should pull up. I've tried it, and it has worked for me.

Enjoy the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf330ci View Post
I've been on here for a couple of weeks. But thought I'd stop in to say hey!

Any Nashville 86's around?
Very nice and welcome.

To join up with other members in your area, I'd look into your regional forum section (Southeast) HERE.

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Texas BRZ For This Useful Post:
cliff p. (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #1254
KNS

Drives: BMW and Porsche at the moment
I'm new here but not an owner (yet). Just wanted to say Hi. Considering a BRZ next year.

Great forum!!
KNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #1255
SHWNBRZ

Drives: '08 MX5 6MT & '15 BRZ Premium 6MT
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414864528.071801.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  329.6 KB

Finally picked up my 15 Premium yesterday...my uncle had to drive it home as I don't drive stick yet but I'm just starting to now. Put a couple hours behind the wheel yesterday and I'm now stalling less and less. Lol. Made it around town and the highway just fine now. Still not very comfortable but slowly getting the hang of it. =^.^=

I was considering 14 BRZ limited around the area but none of them were the WR Blue Pearl...with Service and Maintenance plans, the car ended up being on the top end of what I was willing to pay for. I was aware of the things I was giving up like the fog lights, spoiler, heated seats, advantages seats, push button start...but I could live without those. I ended up picking my fave color over convenience from the previous model year. I like the faux carbon fiber dash trim as it doesn't stick out visually.

Figured I can always get the next gen one with the fancier stuff later down the line....

WR Blue...because it screams Subaru

I love love love this car.
SHWNBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SHWNBRZ For This Useful Post:
Texas BRZ (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 01:43 AM   #1256
Zatherine

Drives: 2015 BRZ WRB Aozora Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWNBRZ View Post
Attachment 94835

Finally picked up my 15 Premium yesterday...my uncle had to drive it home as I don't drive stick yet but I'm just starting to now. Put a couple hours behind the wheel yesterday and I'm now stalling less and less. Lol. Made it around town and the highway just fine now. Still not very comfortable but slowly getting the hang of it. =^.^=

Lol that's great. You're starting off better than me. Got my car a week and half ago and took me 4 days of training....about 150km or so (hours varied) before I was confident enough to drive around the main roads and highways (mainly because of inclines and traffic jams).

I had my sister drive the car home as I didn't know stick at pick-up date and she got plenty of weird stares hahaha.
Zatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:48 AM   #1257
SHWNBRZ

Drives: '08 MX5 6MT & '15 BRZ Premium 6MT
Fortunately, it's very flat where I'm at. There are overpasses and what not but they're not really an issue. So long as I get the hang of getting the car going, the action of the shifter and pedal work...there's only really room for improvement.

Thing that sucks is I only get to drive the car twice a week because of work. But that's fine. The two days I have off work, I can drive all day and get some hours/mileage behind the wheel.

Congrats on your car btw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SHWNBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #1258
transfan0186

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Hello all. New to the site. Looking to sell my BRZ. Must upgrade to a 4 door. Baby on the way!
transfan0186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #1259
Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHWNBRZ View Post

I was considering 14 BRZ limited around the area but none of them were the WR Blue Pearl...with Service and Maintenance plans, the car ended up being on the top end of what I was willing to pay for. I was aware of the things I was giving up like the fog lights, spoiler, heated seats, advantages seats, push button start...but I could live without those. I ended up picking my fave color over convenience from the previous model year. I like the faux carbon fiber dash trim as it doesn't stick out visually.

Figured I can always get the next gen one with the fancier stuff later down the line....

WR Blue...because it screams Subaru

I love love love this car.
Looks like the same car I'm anxiously waiting for...

Nice choice... I personally prefer the Premium. Already has great standard features, is a solid value, and looks beautiful due to its simplicity. I tried really hard to go with another color, but had a feeling that I'd regret not going for WRB despite being a popular color choice for our car... It's a plus that it's one of the updated colors for 2015.

Good luck on adapting and learning the manual. It'll become easier and second nature as time progresses... Start out slowly and have fun with the natural learning process.

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:45 AM   #1260
Jerry9789

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Glad to be here. WRB for me too.
Jerry9789 is offline   Reply With Quote