follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
VuDism
NASIOC: AzNSTiImpreza

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FRS/BRZ vs the Twisties (Post map pic favorite road)

Not sure where to post this to get both FRS and BRZ guys to comment...

post a map picture of your favorite road on your daily commute or weekend drive etc.

Here is one of mine... i take this road about 3 days a week to work. it is tight and dangerous IMO and I can fly through it and never get out of 3rd gear. If i was really trying to time attack this, i can probably put into 2nd gear to get better corner exit speed but no need to be doing that... Map doesn't do the road justice. It is a lot tighter when driven... especially when oncoming traffic doesn't know how to stay in their damn lane !

here is another road i like to take when there is traffic on the highway... it is also a lot tighter than the map shows.. definitely does not take 11 minutes lol

Last edited by VuDism; 08-27-2014 at 09:44 AM.
VuDism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
xRavenFRSx

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My daily route doesn't have as many twist and curves as id like, but I go slightly out of my way to take this route for a reason.

This first part doesn't look very fun, but the bottom half of it has bigger bends than you can tell from the map. The problem is you have to be going lets say 6-7 mph to really feel and enjoy it. The good part is its kind of undeveloped in that bit, so smooth road, very little traffic and you can see through most of it.

This second map is a part that I really like, obviously no twist and turns, the bends here are very gradual. Its a toll road. But theres a separate section raised above the main part that cost a little bit more money and is one direction that switches the other way halfway through the day. Most people are too cheap to take this, and its not that old. So very smooth, no traffic and you can see pretty much the whole way through, so no worrying about cops. Also no ramps in between so no worrying about people or cops entering it. Lets say I regulary do between about 9-10mph on here to and from work, if I really need to, il stretch it to 11-12 but that's not frequent.

xRavenFRSx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xRavenFRSx For This Useful Post:
VuDism (08-27-2014)